Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Live Recording Of An Upcoming Fusion Band

, KASP - Instrumental Fusion

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Live Recording Of An Upcoming Fusion Band, KASP - Instrumental Fusion
gkshyam
post Jul 7 2005, 02:28 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 2035

bye.gif Hi ALL!!!!

After ample positive encouragement and 'empowerment' from some good friends here (Anurag, Bibhas et al.) and everybody at the Sur Mein Na Sahi section..... (Haan.....Pata Hai Maska Lagaa Rahaa Hoon!!! laugh.gif tongue.gif ) and some friends at the "Oldies-Goldies" and "TV-Life" section........

I'm uploading a track ...which is from the recording of a LIVE Concert performed by our Fusion Band "KASP" .......The song is a Cover Version of a Famous Yesteryears Indian Instrumental Piece.......We start off with the main theme, go on to a small bit of solos..(Improvisations.......not part of the Original track)....and come back to the main Theme......... I'm sure you'll be able to guess the Original Theme song on hearing this.......

PS: I've been looking for the Original track of this song for a looooong time.....and unfortunately.......none of us at TV-Series could get hold of it.....And all I had was this Cover version...... Therefore.....as promised, I'm sharing it with you.... Hope you like it!!! smile.gif

Love Music....... LOVE GK
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bibhas
post Jul 8 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1314

Hey Shyam,
That was an awesome recital. Heard this tune after such a long time, ah Nostalgia strikes! Great Violin, Keys and Guitar. Keep it up and post some more.
Bibhas

A science that does not deliver us to the portals of metaphysics is a failed science and a religion that does not embrace physics is not grounded in reality.
+Quote Post
pranavjh
post Jul 8 2005, 01:27 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 1123

Wonderful piece shyamji!!! Kya baat hai clap1.gif clap1.gif I was especially impressed with both the Violin and the piano/keyboard players. Guitars sounded great as well.

In addition to that, I am hearing this piece after such a long time. So sone mein suhaga.

Thank you!!

bow.gif

Pranav
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Jul 8 2005, 09:26 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

Goosebumps!!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Jul 8 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

smile.gif Thanks a ton....million......billion.....zillion....etc. for all your wonderful comments........Main aap sabka tahe dil se shukriyaada karna chaahta hoon......I'm feeling as if I'm on seventh heaven...ninth cloud at the moment.. wink2.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!! (Just can't find a "HEAVILY BLUSHING SMILEY"....) wink2.gif :The heavily blushing innocent LOOK: wink2.gif

But I'm really happy that you took time off to download that big attachment.....and patiently listened to that........And this was the first ever time I had uploaded any of my stuff on the web.....and was keeping my fingers crossed as to what's gonna happen..... Just starting to wipe some sweat off my brow(s)...

By the way, as most of you would have guessed by now, the instrumental theme is that of the famous "Torch Song" from Doordarshan.....Remember there used to be a video aired on DD loooooong time back...with many of the famous Indian Sports personalities running with a burning torch in hand??? Well, this instrumental theme was the music for that video, (originally composed by Louis Banks).

Infact, this particular concert was a big occassion for us, as the audience comprised of many eminent personalities from the Indian music and arts scenario.....including the composer of this song Mr.Louis Banks himself!!! smile1.gif (T'ji...talk of goosebumps!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif ) And we had prepared this theme beforehand.....but that improvised bit.....off the theme....that you hear.....wasn't prepared.....(was done on the stage..) ..And we weren't sure whether we must play that song with its composer sitting in front of us with his family......(Agar Baadme gaaliyaan sunaayi toh???? unsure.gif ) Then, me and our keyboardist.....mustered some courage......and before the whole concert began (Well, we weren't the only performers.....all the other big 'baaps'...i mean all those celebs...Louis Banks, Loy Mendonca, Gino Banks.....and many others... also performed before us.......Ours was the last performance) We went and approached Mr.Banks......and asked his 'permission'.....And he gave us a stern...stone-hard look......(Which had us pale for those few seconds)......and suddenly....broke into a LOUD voice and said....."OF COURSE YOU CAN PLAY !!!!!" (Still maintaining the same :LOOK:) (Some competition for Talaikya-Priya-Preety etc??? wink2.gif) And we really BREATHED a LOUD sigh of relief....(Seriously..it was sooooo audible!!! Hehehe)

Then....the evening started....and went on for about 2-2-1/2 hrs....with all the celebs performing.....then......Finally....we were introduced on stage.....And we spoke a bit about this particular theme song.....and announced it as a 'Tribute' to Mr.Louis Banks.....who was sitting there........And Started off.....[Well....remember...that improvisation part wasn't ready as yet???......Well.....risk of playing....smthg...on the spot....risk of playing a song in front of its composer....(who hasn't even smiled as yet!!! tongue.gif )] We somehow came up with something on stage......And as we finished our first song...(THIS ONE).......The whole crowd broke into an applause....we can never forget.....and that wasn't all.......The moment came....When Mr.LOUIS BANKS Stood up and gave an ovation.....And we were stunned beyond limits.....(You must see the video...I'm blushing like anything....and bowing to him with hands folded......Hehehe.... tongue.gif ) Then we went on to play two more pieces....(our originals).....and it was one of our most memorable performances to date......Well...that's another story... smile1.gif

PS: Sorry for all that.....I'm not the one to indulge in any kind of self-praise or boast.....Hate that to the core.......Just....that...Was so filled with extreme nostalgic memories of all that had happened....Tried to pour out a bit......Sorry again!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
pranavjh
post Jul 8 2005, 12:16 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Great story shyamji - one that will certainly last a lifetime. A precious gem!!! These are the kind of memories that we live for. Thanks for sharing...

Let us hear those other two compositions of KASP too!!

Pranav
+Quote Post
unni
post Jul 8 2005, 12:20 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

Shyam:

Just terrific! clap1.gif

Thanks for this upload! bow.gif

Loved it. party2.gif

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
aahat
post Jul 8 2005, 12:53 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 1304

Hearty, very hearty congratulations for the wonderful piece. And the story was too interesting, and yes, I'd like to see the video too if you can u/l. I was short on time yesterday but kept listening to this several times while doing work. Brought back all the memories of the sportsters carrying the torch, and a bit of frustration that I couldn't get that piece, but listening to yours was wonderful! smile1.gif Great work indeed! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
preet
post Jul 8 2005, 02:05 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 429

Shyam ji that was awesome... loved it.... i can just imagine how it would have felt to perform in public that too in front of the composer himself... clap1.gif clap1.gif
hats of to you and your group.... i just wish i could play any instrument too sad1.gif pur sitti chod kuch bajaana nahi aata tongue.gif

"When beauty talks, nobody notices what grammar it uses"
+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Jul 8 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

bye.gif Hi all....Thanks Again for your replies....Really means a lot to me!!! smile.gif

Pranav Ji: Yes Sir...You Bet!!! Definitely an experience of a lifetime......Such special moments are what that really encourages you......To do better.....To give your best everytime.....Aur bhi bahut kuch hua woh din.....(and many many more such 'experiences of a lifetime' have also happened with me.....Will surely share more.. wink2.gif) Btw....are you really interested in hearing other compositions of the band??? Also looking forward to hear about your Fusion experiments and experiences..... thumbs-up.gif

Unni Ji: Thanks sooooo much for that wonderful compliement......Made my day..Really!!!! (After all....you were my 'First Friend' here at HF.....) and to be honest....I was sort of 'awaiting' for some kind of response from you......(whatever it may be).....and really felt gr888 on reading that one from you....Really happy to know that you loved it...Thanks again!!! party2.gif smile1.gif

Aahat Ji: Toh aap kal office mein baithkar yeh gaana sunte rahe???? Wah....Isse bada taareef hamari aur kya ho sakti hai.....Glad to know that you like it so much......Well....I had promised you at TV-Life.....that I will upload it for you......Kyun..Waada Nibhaaya na??? wink2.gif (Will see what can be done about the Video.....Lets see if someone at HF comes up with a Combo-Thread of "Beastality & Sur Mein Na Sahi".....Might be more 'apt' for me to put it up there.....Hehehe.....as no one has seen me as yet.... tongue.gif......or else....PM toh hai hi....Lets See what progress happens on that front anyways.... thumbs-up.gif )

Preety Ji: Thanks a million for your compliments....and also happy to know how much you enjoyed the 'anecdote' that went along with it.....Definitely was SOME experience.....Waise.....no need to feel sorry about not knowing to play any instrument......Seekhne ke liye koi umar nahin hoti.....there's always a beginning....you can start off anytime.....ab abhi koi der nahin hui.......And waise bhi....aapki itni acchi awaaz hai......Aur aap seethi bhi kitni acchi tarah bajaa lete hain....(even that now, can be counted as a 'wind instrument' of sorts.....We can definitely take you in our group for that....Kya kehte hain?? Interested???)
tongue.gif thumbs-up.gif

+Quote Post
preet
post Jul 8 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(gkshyam @ Jul 8 2005, 10:13 PM)
Waise.....no need to feel sorry about not knowing to play any instrument......Seekhne ke liye koi umar nahin hoti.....there's always a beginning....you can start off anytime.....ab abhi koi der nahin hui.......And waise bhi....aapki itni acchi awaaz hai......Aur aap seethi bhi kitni acchi tarah bajaa lete hain....(even that now, can be counted as a 'wind instrument' of sorts.....We can definitely take you in our group for that....Kya kehte hain?? Interested???)
tongue.gif thumbs-up.gif [/b][/color]

do you think i never tried!!! i tried to learn guitar for a month, then tabla for three months my hands co ordination was so bad that i couldnt learn anything then i started learning sitar and yes i was good at it infact my sir's pet but then i started my marshal art training and all other interests vanished tongue.gif
well joining your group as a sitti artist... now theres a thought tongue.gif

+Quote Post
bibhas
post Jul 8 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1314

QUOTE(preety @ Jul 8 2005, 01:12 PM)

do you think i never tried!!! i tried to learn guitar for a month, then tabla for three months my hands co ordination was so bad that i couldnt learn anything then i started learning sitar and yes i was good at it infact my sir's pet but then i started my marshal art training and all other interests vanished tongue.gif
well joining your group as a sitti artist... now theres a thought tongue.gif

Tumhare kehne ka matlab hai Karate ne Sitar ki haddiyan tod di ? Are nahin Preety, itna jaldi himmat nahiin haarte, instrument seekhne mein to waqt lagta hai. Mujhe hi dekho, do saal se bansuri baja raha hoon, ab jaake kuch aawaaz nikalti hai. Waise, tumhen bansuri seekhna chahiye, ek baans ke tukde mein seeti bajana hee to hai ?

A science that does not deliver us to the portals of metaphysics is a failed science and a religion that does not embrace physics is not grounded in reality.
+Quote Post
pranavjh
post Jul 8 2005, 10:56 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE(gkshyam @ Jul 8 2005, 09:43 AM)

Pranav Ji: Yes Sir...You Bet!!! Definitely an experience of a lifetime......Such special moments are what that really encourages you......To do better.....To give your best everytime.....Aur bhi bahut kuch hua woh din.....(and many many more such 'experiences of a lifetime' have also happened with me.....Will surely share more.. wink2.gif) Btw....are you really interested in hearing other compositions of the band??? Also looking forward to hear about your Fusion experiments and experiences..... thumbs-up.gif

You betcha...eagerly looking forward to hearing your compositions. I will certainly upload my "experiments" as soon as I gather enough courage to do so wink2.gif

Pranav
+Quote Post
preet
post Jul 8 2005, 11:48 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(bibhas @ Jul 8 2005, 10:54 PM)
Tumhare kehne ka matlab hai Karate ne Sitar ki haddiyan tod di ? Are nahin Preety, itna jaldi himmat nahiin haarte, instrument seekhne mein to waqt lagta hai. Mujhe hi dekho, do saal se bansuri baja raha hoon, ab jaake kuch aawaaz nikalti hai. Waise, tumhen bansuri seekhna chahiye, ek baans ke tukde mein seeti bajana hee to hai ?

lol... pehle bolte hai 2 saal se bajaa rahaa hu ab ja ke sikha phir kahaa baans ke tukde main seeti bajaana hai bus!!! laugh.gif main aise hi siti baja lungi Shyam ji ya Pranav ji koi na koi apne group main rakh hi lenge mujhe tongue.gif

+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Jul 9 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ohoh........Preety Ji..aap to Chuppi-Rustam Nikli!!!! Such a multi-talented girl......such a multi-faceted personality!!!!! bow.gif bow.gif Bhai WAH!!!!! Kya baat hai.......I'm sure out of all that you mentioned......Aap definitely Martial Arts....aur Sitar (atleast to some extent) mein kaafi acchi hongi ......would love tohear you some day......Also "see"....(martial arts suna toh nahin sakte!!!! tongue.gif) (No..I don't want to hear those screams.....Aa.....Ooo.....etc... laugh.gif tongue.gif)

We would be previleged to have a Sitarist like you in our group!!! thumbs-up.gif But irrespective of that....the "offer" for the 'Seethi-artiste' is anyways open..... thumbs-up.gif Kya soch rahi hain??? smile.gif

Pranav Ji....thanks yet again....Will try to upload something more very soon.... thumbs-up.gif Aur courage ki baat AAP kar rahe hain???? C'mon....I already told you that you have a fan in me......and this has been echoed by all here.....Do upload something very soon....very eager to listen to you.... smile1.gif

And Bibhas Ji.....Aap kab hamen apni Baansuri sunane waale hain??? And wanted to ask you something more......I'm very keen on learning the basics of the Baansuri.....have got two at home... (Dad has started learning just 6 months back....his first ever try at learning music....AT THIS AGE!!!!! Preety Ji......Suna aapne??? wink2.gif) And I'm very keen to learn the basics.....aage kuch toh trykar hi loonga....lekin pehle basics toh seekhna hai....Can you help me out in any way??? unsure.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:09 PM