Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Roshan - The Legend

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roshan - The Legend
Jay
post Jan 31 2005, 03:28 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 995

Music director Roshan, fahter of the famous actor/director Rakesh Roshan and md Rajesh Roshan made beautifull music. One of them is 'Dil tujhe diya tha rakhne ko', with Mukesh ji, in film "MALHAR' (1951). lyrics by the great Indivar saab and Kaifi Ifrani saab.

Jay

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Life is music, music is life...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
iqbal
post Jan 31 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Thanks Jay,

He does resemble Rajesh and Rakesh, only last night watched the movie ‘Koi Mil gaya’ (Indian ET ! ) the Roshan family offering, special appearance by Rakesh, great performance by Hritek and beautiful music by Rajesh.
+Quote Post
Sabz
post Feb 20 2005, 11:10 AM
Post #3

Unregistered

Roshan is underrated...he was a great music director...

I loved his work in Dil Hi Dil Mein, Taj Mahal .....
+Quote Post
usrafian
post Mar 10 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1776

Yes I do agree Roshan Saheb is under-rated. I don't know why?

Who can forget his immortal creativity. Just remember
Film-Bheegi Raat,
Film-Barsaat Ki Raat - Roshan has only creation credit of one & only one real kawaali - Ye Ishq Ishq hai.. . In the same film a tradional song was beautifully used by him - Garjat Barsat Sawan Aayro Ri.
Film- Aarti, just hear the starting of song Baar Baar Tohe kya samjhaye, any one can realise his wild imagination.
Chitralekha, Mamta, Bahu-Begum, Bawre Nain, Tajmahal,Vallah Kya Baat Hai,Anokhi Raat .... & so on.
Pick up any composition of his any film & feel the freshness.

He was truely a Gem.

usrafian

Dil Shaad Tha Ke Phool Khilenge Bahaar Mein
Maaraa Gaya Garib Isee Aitbaar Mein
+Quote Post
the_cotton_cloud
post May 8 2005, 03:39 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 2230

I completely agree with you, Mr. USrafian
some of the most enduring songs of all times have been composed by this heavily underrated music director......
infact I hold him in the same league as Madan Mohan, SD and Naushad and ten notches above "more popular" MDs like RD and L-P.....
his originality and creativity seemingly have no limits.......
even different songs from the same movie would have so many shades.....
I would rate the combo of Rafi-Sahir-Roshan as probably as good or even better than many other hit combos....

In this regard, I feel at a loss when i see just one single thread in his name, but then this is probably an indicator of the fact that generally singers are given more importance than the music directors......
but since his songs atleast are as popular as ever, we can take solace in the fact that they would still continue to endure in the imaginations of the adorers......
with this sincere belief, I would request anyone who has got the complete version of the famous qawwali from the movie "Barsaat ki Raat" ( yeh ishk ishk hai) to please upload it for me....
i have two different versions, but neither is complete, moreover the quality also leaves much to be desired.......

Thanking in anticipation smile1.gif

Tanvir

If you aren't living on the edge, then probably you are eating up too much space
+Quote Post
usrafian
post May 9 2005, 10:32 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(the_cotton_cloud @ May 8 2005, 03:39 AM)
with this sincere belief, I would request anyone who has got the complete version of the famous qawwali from the movie "Barsaat ki Raat" ( yeh ishk ishk hai) to please upload it for me....
i have two different versions, but neither is complete, moreover the quality also leaves much to be desired.......

Tanvir

Dear Tanvir,

Your farmaish has been u/l in 'Sahir-O-Kwaaal RAFI' thread, pl d/l it from there.

As for as I remember (not sure), there were other threads in 'ROSHAN' Topic, may have been removed due to Server Problem.

BTW, ROSHAN+SHAIR+RAFI=100% hit.

wave1.gif

+Quote Post
the_cotton_cloud
post May 17 2005, 03:57 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

thanx US rafian ji

by the way, there was an anecdote about Roshan Sahab which I had read somewhere which talked of Roshan Sb having requested SD about borrowing the tune from one of his songs. Roshan Sb then made a few cosmetic changes to the original. The song, like its original became a huge hit.
But the story doesnt end here. The tune was again remodified and reused, this time by RD for his own version.

The three songs in chronological order are
Thandi hawayen (SD)
Rahen na rahen hum (Roshan)
Sagar Kinare (RD)

In my opinion, a close comparison of these songs reveals the supremacy of both SD and Roshan over RD. The fact that RD never went beyond FIVE swars for composing his songs (which ofcourse led to him being called Pancham) is apparent as his version doesnt have the depth and the range of swars that are present in the two superior versions. This also redeems the belief that 50s and 60s were indeed the GOLDEN ERA of Hindi Music, and that this was made possible by not only by the singers like the Great Rafi Sahab, Manna Da, Mukesh Sahab, Latabai, Ashaji, Geetaji, Talat Sahab, but also the music directors such as Roshan Sahab. The quality was compromised to a huge extent from the 70s onwards, in order to adapt to the western tunes, disregarding the Indian ragas and triggering a gradual decline in the greatness of the output

Hope the real music lives on till the end of time

Tanvir

If you aren't living on the edge, then probably you are eating up too much space
+Quote Post
usrafian
post May 18 2005, 11:20 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[quote=the_cotton_cloud,May 17 2005, 03:57 AM]
thanx US rafian ji

by the way, there was an anecdote about Roshan Sahab which I had read somewhere which talked of Roshan Sb having requested SD about borrowing the tune from one of his songs. Roshan Sb then made a few cosmetic changes to the original. The song, like its original became a huge hit.
But the story doesnt end here. The tune was again remodified and reused, this time by RD for his own version.

The three songs in chronological order are
Thandi hawayen (SD)
Rahen na rahen hum (Roshan)
Sagar Kinare (RD)

In my opinion, a close comparison of these songs reveals the supremacy of both SD and Roshan over RD. The fact that RD never went beyond FIVE swars for composing his songs (which ofcourse led to him being called Pancham) is apparent as his version doesnt have the depth and the range of swars that are present in the two superior versions. This also redeems the belief that 50s and 60s were indeed the GOLDEN ERA of Hindi Music, and that this was made possible by not only by the singers like the Great Rafi Sahab, Manna Da, Mukesh Sahab, Latabai, Ashaji, Geetaji, Talat Sahab, but also the music directors such as Roshan Sahab. The quality was compromised to a huge extent from the 70s onwards, in order to adapt to the western tunes, disregarding the Indian ragas and triggering a gradual decline in the greatness of the output

Tanvir

[/quote]

Dear Tanvir,

First, pl. accept my thankx for rebrushing my memory by refering the songs.
'Thandi..' & 'Rahen..' are definately clones & see the miracle that both are individual in its own place & both are immortals (uffffff!!!).

As for as 'Sagar Kinare..' by RD Sahab, is a tribute to Madan Mohan by RD sahab himself. The orignal song on the same tune was ...

'Yehi Hai Tamanna,
Tere Ghar Ke Saamne,
Meri Jaan Jaaye,
Meri Jaan Jaaye
Haaye '

The tune itself hunted RD Sahab & comes out in this way..
[compare above tune with ...
Saagar Kinaare,
Dil Ye Pukaare,
Tu Jo Nahi To Mera,
Koii Nahin Hay,
Haaye ]

[The above is just our love to great compositions]
By the way, Greats are having great ways of appreciation.

[/quote]
This also redeems the belief that 50s and 60s were indeed the GOLDEN ERA of Hindi Music, and that this was made possible by not only by the singers like the Great Rafi Sahab, Manna Da, Mukesh Sahab, Latabai, Ashaji, Geetaji, Talat Sahab, but also the music directors such as Roshan Sahab.
[/quote]

YES, very much TRUE

[/quote]
The quality was compromised to a huge extent from the 70s onwards, in order to adapt to the western tunes, disregarding the Indian ragas and triggering a gradual decline in the greatness of the output
[/quote]

Without dedication, true gem will never come out. It is painful that the current era has insisted the generation to become millionaire in overnight. Hardship, Dedication, Love (diwaangi ki haddd tak) are the things of past.

[/quote]
[/quote]

GOD BLESS YOU DEAR

+Quote Post
fiftysomeone
post May 22 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 2341

For those in India: Good old DD is supposed to telecast a special on Shri Roshan on Sunday 22nd May 9.30PM (i.e. 1 hour from now). Anybody with a VCR please try to grab it (mine is dead).
I think the programme carries the headline "Sari Sari Raat Teri Yaad Sataye" and I could hear Oh Re Taal Mile playing in the background.
Happy viewing and hopefully happy recording.
50Some1
+Quote Post
brgarg
post May 24 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 1997

QUOTE(iqbal @ Jan 31 2005, 03:20 PM)
Thanks Jay,

He does resemble Rajesh and Rakesh, only last night watched the movie ?Koi Mil gaya? (Indian ET ! ) the Roshan family offering, special appearance by Rakesh, great performance by Hritek and beautiful music by Rajesh.

My dear Roshan does not resemble Rakesh & Rajesh but it is other way round. Both the sons resemble the father. In fact Hrithik Roshan has also some resembling when you closely watch some of the shots of his debut film.
+Quote Post
brgarg
post May 24 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 1997

QUOTE(the_cotton_cloud @ May 8 2005, 03:39 AM)
I completely agree with you, Mr. USrafian
some of the most enduring songs of all times have been composed by this heavily underrated music director......
infact I hold him in the same league as Madan Mohan, SD and Naushad and ten notches above "more popular" MDs like RD and L-P.....
his originality and creativity seemingly have no limits.......
even different songs from the same movie would have so many shades.....
I would rate the combo of Rafi-Sahir-Roshan as probably as good or even better than many other hit combos....

In this regard, I feel at a loss when i see just one single thread in his name, but then this is probably an indicator of the fact that generally singers are given more importance than the music directors......
but since his songs atleast are as popular as ever, we can take solace in the fact that they would still continue to endure in the imaginations of the adorers......

Tanvir

Dear Tanvir,
I must thank you for your true appreciation of the great Roshan, a music director par excellence. He deserved to be bracketed with greats like SD Burman, C Ramchandra, Sajjad Hussain etc. He has given some of the best tunes in Suhaag Raat, Barsat KI Raat, Bheeghi Raat and Anokhi Raat. all the films have different colours so were the tunes to bring out the theme. Roshan was perhaps the first and music director to introduce echo effect in the film music. These specially created tunes found easy acceptance with the music lovers.
+Quote Post
aek
post May 27 2005, 10:47 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 2391

What a great composer-

"Baat Muddat ke yeh ghadee ayeee..
Aap aaye tou zindagi aayee !"

"Man re tu kaahe na dheer dhare..
Woh nirmohee mol na jaane..zinka moh kare ..!

QUOTE(Jay @ Jan 30 2005, 04:58 PM)
Music director Roshan, fahter of the famous actor/director Rakesh Roshan and md Rajesh Roshan made beautifull music. One of them is  'Dil tujhe diya tha rakhne ko', with Mukesh ji, in film "MALHAR' (1951). lyrics by the great Indivar saab and Kaifi Ifrani saab.

Jay

+Quote Post
the_cotton_cloud
post May 29 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

thanx aek
m listenin to Man re even as m writin this post..........
'tis such a relieving experience........
all the betrayals, all the expectations, all the ambitious plans get rationalized listening to this

Kahe re jatan kare...........

utna hi upkar samajh jitna koi saath nibha de..........

these lines can clear all the past grievances if at all...........

Thanx Rafi Sahab, Thanx Sahir, Thanx ROSHAN SAHAB

+Quote Post
aek
post Jun 4 2005, 02:52 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 2391

Can someone upload some nice songs from Arti, Chitralekha, Bahu Begum, Barsaat Ki Raat, Taj Mahal. PLLLLEASE.

-Thank you.

QUOTE(the_cotton_cloud @ May 28 2005, 03:44 PM)
thanx aek
m listenin to Man re even as m writin this post..........
'tis such a relieving experience........
all the betrayals, all the expectations, all the ambitious plans get rationalized listening to this

Kahe re jatan kare...........

utna hi upkar samajh jitna koi saath nibha de..........

these lines can clear all the past grievances if at all...........

Thanx Rafi Sahab, Thanx Sahir, Thanx ROSHAN SAHAB

+Quote Post
usrafian
post Jun 6 2005, 10:42 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dear Friends,

I request to ,Pl. Pl. to start u/l's with :

Film-Aarti - Bar Bar Tohe Kya Samjhaye Payal Ki Jhankar

A clear example of versatility of Roshan Sahab.

The above song starts in 'Noutanki' style & then beautifully pushed to ultimate Romantic version , Ufffff.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 01:08 AM