Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

It feels wonderful to be married

, TOI

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It feels wonderful to be married, TOI
Pradeep
post Nov 10 2003, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Karishma is gonna be the first gal in Kapoor khandaan to act in movies after marriage. Incidently she was also the first female from kapoor family to act in the movies.

The best of both worlds. Marriage and the movies. Life is truly beautiful for Karisma Kapoor , newly-wed bride and million-dollar-smile actress.

But first things first. How has life changed for the heartthrob of millions after she tied the knot with businessman Sunjay Kapur?

"After marriage, one becomes more responsible. Earlier, my responsibilities were towards my family, my producers and directors. But now, my responsibilities are towards a person who is a very important part of my life. It feels wonderful to be a married woman. I feel settled. It's a different kind of feeling. As an actress, I have dressed up as a bride for the camera. But honestly, playing a bride on-screen and being one in real life are completely different feelings. I am very happy," says Karisma.

In the same breath, the actress whose celluloid journey spans from Prem Qaidi to Baaz: A Bird In Danger and still has many more milestones to cross insists that she - as a person - is still the same.

"I have always been a modern girl with traditional Indian values. I am a combination of the modern and the traditional and won't alter my lifestyle. Even after marriage, my outlook towards life remains the same." If anything, life has become more meaningful for Karisma.

Meanwhile, Karisma - after a temporary hiatus from the silver screen - is back to the world of lights, camera and action, with shooting having started for Mere Jeevan Saathi , in which Akshay Kumar is her co-star.

"I am choosy about my films and, in the past two or three years, have become even more particular. I will continue to judge films purely on their merit and take up roles which are different from what the audience generally sees in movies."

In Mere Jeevan Saathi , Karisma, in her own words, essays a role with shades of grey. "It's a role which I have never played earlier and is certainly not a run-of-the mill 'negative' portrayal. Another film I am really excited about is Zamaanat ."

Excitement tempered by equanimity. For, even as Karisma remains an acclaimed actress, she cuts a picture of marital bliss. It's a double delight. Home is where her heart is. The studios are where her art is. And Karisma Kapoor is having the best of both worlds.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Nov 10 2003, 12:25 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I remember during my FYJC days, we had this personality contest. A candidate was asked about his favourite actress... and he answered as Karishma Kapoor. The whole audience made a buuuuuuu sound.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Nov 10 2003, 12:39 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

Personally I like her as an actress. Of course she's made her share of mistakes but she is talented, and better than Aishwarya any day. A lot of ppl didnt like her cuz of the roles she chose and the kinds of costumes she wore. And a lot of folks said she looked like a guy. I think she's cute. Btw, rediff has more of her wedding pics at Karishma-Sunjay Wedding.
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Nov 10 2003, 12:44 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Aish is bad in terms of acting as well as looks. Sushmi biggrin.gif is good interms of looks.

In acting ... I prefer Madhuri any day.
Best couple: Madhuri & Anil Kapoor those series of movies.. that came along with Jamaai Raja... all were great entertainers.

+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Nov 10 2003, 01:07 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 13

I think Juhi and Aamir also made a cute couple. smile.gif QSQT, HHRPK, and so many others.. simply a great match on screen! They looked nice in Ishq too.
+Quote Post
Sharad
post Nov 11 2003, 06:04 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

i heard juhi played some bad bad joke on aamir khan during ishq
so they never worked together after that and still have not
i saw this on some bollywood site
not sure HOW true

aamir khan - 1857 uprising...mmm hope it's good!

Sharad

+Quote Post
extenok
post Nov 22 2003, 04:39 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Pradeep @ Nov 10 2003, 12:44 PM)
Aish is bad in terms of acting as well as looks. Sushmi biggrin.gif is good interms of looks.

Yeah Baby! You Said It!!!

Apni Sush Aavay Hee Aavay

zindagi ne kar diya, jab bhi udaas
aa gaye ghabra ke hum, manzil ke paas
sar jhukaaya, sar jhuka kar ro diye
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 23rd September 2024 - 07:46 AM