Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Article In 'stars From Another Sky' By Manto

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Article In 'stars From Another Sky' By Manto
Inaam
post May 19 2006, 02:07 AM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 187

Wow!!! Kya cheez hoga tumhaara scanner, Ummer tongue1.gif

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mahesh
post May 19 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 508

jamal sahab,
thanks a ton.i have a hindi version of ''meena bazar'' but the article on noorjehan is missing.
regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
Ummer
post May 22 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 1784

Jamal,
These jpgs are blurry and small and OCR isn't working fine on them. Please send me the orginal big sized jpgs.

Ummer.
+Quote Post
Priya
post May 26 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 25

QUOTE(Ummer @ May 19 2006, 02:01 AM) *
QUOTE(Inaam_Nadeem @ May 18 2006, 03:01 PM) *

Wow!!! This is first time I am listening about this software!!! smile.gif Priya, is it available free on net?

Hello Inaam,
It comes free with most scanners. Mine is an expensive scanner, it can also scan negatives and 35mm slides and convert them into pictures (positives).

Ummer.

Wowow, if I send U a -tive, can U make it a +tive for me, please? rolleyes.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ummer
post May 27 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 1784

QUOTE(priya @ May 26 2006, 12:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Ummer @ May 19 2006, 02:01 AM) *
QUOTE(Inaam_Nadeem @ May 18 2006, 03:01 PM) *

Wow!!! This is first time I am listening about this software!!! smile.gif Priya, is it available free on net?

Hello Inaam,
It comes free with most scanners. Mine is an expensive scanner, it can also scan negatives and 35mm slides and convert them into pictures (positives).

Ummer.

Wowow, if I send U a -tive, can U make it a +tive for me, please? rolleyes.gif

Yeah, you have to send it by mail though (not email) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
jamalf_akbar
post Jul 8 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 1156

Hi guys,

Any comments on this article? What did you think of it?

Jamal
+Quote Post
Mukeshfan
post Jul 10 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 1211

Not read it jet bussy with rendering the text for the co-members Jamal
will post the compleate text soon in .doc format or what you all like.

MUKESHFAN

Ke deke jeh awaaz koi har ghari bulaye phir jaye joh uspaar kabhi laut ke na aye
jeh bhed hai kaisa koyee kuchh to bataana dhundenge har jagaah par kal tera thikaana
AA LAUT KE AAJA MERE MEET TUJHE MERE GEET BULATE HAI !!
+Quote Post
Harjinder
post Sep 10 2006, 09:45 PM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6686

Akbar saheb
Manto ke article ka bahut shukriya.A comment by Nur Jehan about him (Whether it was reflective of his personality or not) came to mind when reading this narrative. "He was a great writer but a difficult(?) person'(not a direct quote). He did write of filmy duniya as he saw it which often offended people he wrote about. I have read quite a few of his stories and writings in 50's and 60's (translated in Punjabi(Gurmukhi) and transliterated in Hindi and later also in Urdu). I think it was Krishan Chander who said of his writings (something like) 'Khuda teri kalam mein aur zeher bhar dey'. When we look in the mirror we may not like what we see but what we see is a reflection of reality. Manto saheb ki writings ki bhi kuchh aisee he baat hai.He has written well or ill of Sikhs, Hindus, and Muslims. But what he wrote had a ring of truth to it. Court cases mein jaana pada lekin jo usne describe kiya hai, theek hai ya naheen? Ek aala darze ke writer ki likhat parhne ko mil gayee achhe translation mein, aur kya chahiye. Bahut bahut shukriya. Harjinder
P.S. Ek baat jis par mujhe fakhar hai woh to main bhool hi gaya. Zila Ludhiana yahan sey Manto saheb ( Un ki tehsil Samrala thi) or Sahir saheb thay,main bhi wahan sey hee hoon.Un key barabar to koi koi pahunchega. Merey jaissey log itni si hi baat mein ki ham un ke padossion jaisse thay,sey hi khush hain.
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Sep 10 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Well said, Harindar Ji. Manto was a great writer. He is my most favourite short story writer too tongue1.gif

I remember Noor Jehan said in one of her interview ‘Who aik badey adeeb lekin chhotey insaan thay’.

+Quote Post
jamalf_akbar
post Sep 12 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Thanks for your comments Harjinderji. I have only read a few of Manto's works (any that I can find in English) as I can't read Urdu, but I have enjoyed what I have read so far.
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Sep 13 2006, 01:29 AM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

BTW, Jamal, Do you have Shoukat Hussain Rizvi's controversial book 'Noor Jehan Ki Kahan Meri Zubani', compiled by Munir Hussain?
+Quote Post
jamalf_akbar
post Sep 14 2006, 01:49 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Hi Inaam Bhai,

My grandfather has the book in his study which is upstairs in his house. Because of illness he does not venture upstairs and as the book is in Urdu I am having difficulty finding it (I can't read Urdu). One weekend I will have to go and search through all his books to see what I can find. I remember seeing the book when I was younger but can't remember what it looks like now. I will try and get hold of it next week.

Jamal
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Sep 14 2006, 02:48 AM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Its Ok Jamal.

I sent a letter to the publisher at lahore, but they says it is out of stock. sad1.gif

Shaadi ko itney din hogey aur Bhabi se Urdu padhna likhna nahin seekha? ohmy.gif:

+Quote Post
Harjinder
post Sep 14 2006, 06:16 AM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6686

QUOTE(jamalf_akbar @ Sep 12 2006, 08:07 AM) *

Thanks for your comments Harjinderji. I have only read a few of Manto's works (any that I can find in English) as I can't read Urdu, but I have enjoyed what I have read so far.

Akbar saheb
I don't know how or where these comments fit but I have learned to read Urdu mostly to read works of ficton by writers like Manto and Rajinder Singh Bedi and to enjoy the poetry of poets like Ghalib, Iqbal, Faiz,Josh Malihabadi and many others. Problem with Urdu poetry is that Urdu poets like Ghalib and Iqbal use a language which is full of words from Farsi, Arabi, and Turki. I can enjoy some of their 'Kalam' and for the rest I have to read what I call prose tarjma of their nazms. Anyway while Urdu is a very hard language to learn it does offer poetry of the standard that is peerless. Afsane written by Manto and Bedi use lot less obscure vocabulary and are thus easier to read and thus to me, more enjoyable.Harjinder
+Quote Post
urzung khan
post Sep 14 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1470

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Sep 14 2006, 05:46 AM) *

QUOTE(jamalf_akbar @ Sep 12 2006, 08:07 AM) *

Akbar saheb
I don't know how or where these comments fit but I have learned to read Urdu mostly to read works of ficton by writers like Manto and Rajinder Singh Bedi and to enjoy the poetry of poets like Ghalib, Iqbal, Faiz,Josh Malihabadi and many others. Problem with Urdu poetry is that Urdu poets like Ghalib and Iqbal use a language which is full of words from Farsi, Arabi, and Turki. I can enjoy some of their 'Kalam' and for the rest I have to read what I call prose tarjma of their nazms. Anyway while Urdu is a very hard language to learn it does offer poetry of the standard that is peerless. Afsane written by Manto and Bedi use lot less obscure vocabulary and are thus easier to read and thus to me, more enjoyable.Harjinder

Have you ever heard of Balwant Singh ? No vulgarities. He just
wrote simple realistic stories about Punjab and its people. One
of his books was ' raat chaand chor'. IIRC, this collection had
his classic ' Jagga', ... Sardar Jagjit Singh Virk. Balwant was from
Lahore and then mograted to India.
Jagga used to be online somewhere, I will check if it is still there.

urzung khan
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:47 PM