Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Jaidev

, The S.D. Burman Traditionalist

20 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jaidev, The S.D. Burman Traditionalist
swarapriya
post May 22 2008, 06:35 AM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ May 21 2008, 12:30 PM) *

Swarapriya, thanks for coming up with yet another great thread. I recently bought a 2 CD pack of assorted songs composed by Jaidev ji. I will take the liberty of posting them here on your thread if you don't mind

Cheers
Parag

Parag,

Of course you can. You don't need to have my permission to do it. I have only few CDs of Jaidevji. I will be uploading them as time permits. In the meantime, please do share whatever songs you may have.

Thanks,
Swarapriya
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 22 2008, 06:48 AM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ek Hans Ka Joda (1975)

Here is another album by Jaidevji that has only few songs. There are five songs in this movie but my album had only four of them. The missing song is shown in red italics in the table below. The solo by Kishoreda is a famous one, "Saathi Milte Hain." Also, Ashaji's song "Mere Dil Mein" is a nice one.

Now for a description of the songs and songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
yob
post May 22 2008, 09:30 AM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12259

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 22 2008, 06:48 AM) *

Ek Hans Ka Joda (1975)

Here is another album by Jaidevji that has only few songs. There are five songs in this movie but my album had only four of them. The missing song is shown in red italics in the table below. The solo by Kishoreda is a famous one, "Saathi Milte Hain." Also, Ashaji's song "Mere Dil Mein" is a nice one.

ajit singh,s version was available only on film sound track.

Bobby mudgel

PANDIT BOLA YE RAAT HAI----MULLA BHI BOLA YE RAAT HAI
YE SUBEH SUBEH KI BAAT HAI'

"brutality to an animal is cruelty to mankind-its only da difference in the victim."

you don't need testimonials and trumpets to prove kishore kumar the best'

IPB Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 23 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Gaman (1978)

Here is another one of those "art" movies it seems like Jaidevji contracted to provide music for. Even the singers are different. Ever heard of Hira Devi Mishra? In 1978, probably not many people heard of Hariharan either. Suresh Wadkar, popular during 70's, has a great solo in "Seene Mein Jalan."

This movie starred that late great actress Smita Patil. She showed so much promise in the few movies she appeared in. It was so unfortunate that she died that young. By the way, Nana Patekar was introduced in this movie. This movie was directed by Muzaffar Ali who also directed the original "Umrao Jaan" starring Rekha.

There are six songs in this movie but I only have five of them. Some of them were contributed by the members of this Forum. The missing song is shown in red italics in the table below. If anyone of you have, please share with us. Now details of the songs and songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
Exon
post May 23 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 23 2008, 10:45 PM) *

Gaman (1978)

Here is another one of those "art" movies it seems like Jaidevji contracted to provide music for. Even the singers are different. Ever heard of Hira Devi Mishra? In 1978, probably not many people heard of Hariharan either. Suresh Wadkar, popular during 70's, has a great solo in "Seene Mein Jalan."

This movie starred that late great actress Smita Patil. She showed so much promise in the few movies she appeared in. It was so unfortunate that she died that young. By the way, Nana Patekar was introduced in this movie. This movie was directed by Muzaffar Ali who also directed the original "Umrao Jaan" starring Rekha.

There are six songs in this movie but I only have five of them. Some of them were contributed by the members of this Forum. The missing song is shown in red italics in the table below. If anyone of you have, please share with us. Now details of the songs and songs themselves ...

Swarapriya,

Thanks for one more excellent album and the thread on Jaidev.
Your choices and quality are very good that I always eagerly look forward to your posts.

From what I recollect, the line 'Arre Pathik Girdhaari' is the mukhda of 'Aaja Sanwariyaa' song by Hiradevi Mishra.

Exon

This post has been edited by Exon: May 23 2008, 11:15 PM
+Quote Post
yob
post May 23 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ May 23 2008, 11:01 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 23 2008, 10:45 PM) *

Gaman (1978)

Swarapriya,

Thanks for one more excellent album and the thread on Jaidev.
Your choices and quality are very good that I always eagerly look forward to your posts.

From what I recollect, the song 'Arre Pathik Girdhaar' is the mukhda of 'Aaja Sanwariyaa' song by Hiradevi Mishra.

Exon

film lp has only 5 songs on it n--are pathik girdhari and aaja saanwariya tohe r same songs---
---one or two short hummings(folk song) r available only on film sound track.

Bobby mudgel

"brutality to an animal is cruelty to mankind-its only da difference in the victim."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post May 24 2008, 01:02 AM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 428

Thank you, Swarpriyaji!

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him
A woman is a meaning to life ! Someone who loves, who cares !

+Quote Post
yob
post May 24 2008, 01:44 AM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ May 24 2008, 01:02 AM) *

Thank you, Swarpriyaji!

i dont believe hashmi ji that u dont ve songs from gaman-- tongue1.gif --hd par na hon vo alag baat hai wink.gif

Bobby mudgel

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Erum Hashmi
post May 24 2008, 02:15 AM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 428

QUOTE(yob @ May 24 2008, 01:44 AM) *

Thank you, Swarpriyaji!

i dont believe hashmi ji that u dont ve songs from gaman-- tongue1.gif --hd par na hon vo alag baat hai wink.gif

You're right, Bobbyji....I'd all the songs from GAMAN and other various uploads by Swarpriyaji and others, but I'm re-downloading just to get better copies! smile.gif

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him
A woman is a meaning to life ! Someone who loves, who cares !

+Quote Post
yob
post May 24 2008, 02:28 AM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ May 24 2008, 02:15 AM) *

QUOTE(yob @ May 24 2008, 01:44 AM) *

Thank you, Swarpriyaji!

You're right, Bobbyji....I'd all the songs from GAMAN and other various uploads by Swarpriyaji and others, but I'm re-downloading just to get better copies! smile.gif

dekha apun ko sab pata hai> tongue1.gif

Bobby mudgel

IPB Image
+Quote Post
HarshBhatt
post May 24 2008, 05:54 AM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8788

Very nice collection. Thanks
+Quote Post
yob
post May 25 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ek Hans Ka Joda (1975)

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...pid=499446&

here is first part video--of title song from ek hans ka joda--by ajit singh.--------md-jaidev.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
Bobby mudgel

IPB Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 25 2008, 12:07 PM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(yob @ May 24 2008, 01:28 PM) *

Ek Hans Ka Joda (1975)

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...pid=499446&

here is first part video--of title song from ek hans ka joda--by ajit singh.--------md-jaidev.

Thank you for the pointer. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 25 2008, 01:03 PM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

The Genius Of Dr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan (1994)

'Madhushala' is a masterpiece in Hindi literature. Its beauty stems from the richness of its lyrics. Reading these verses is like having a fine glass of wine with someone you are in deeply love with. It clouds your thoughts and you can't help but completely overwhelmed by its sheer elegance and in the process lose control of yourself.

This poetry becomes even more intoxicating when it is recited by great singer like Manna Dey to the accompaniment of Jaidevji's music. Then there is resonating voice of Amitabh Bachchan echoing through the depths of these great poems.

Now for the details of these songs and songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 25 2008, 01:14 PM

Attached image(s)
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 25 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

The Genius Of Dr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan (1994) Contd.

Now for the last song from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

20 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:13 AM