Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shair Aur Sargam

, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists

143 Pages V « < 52 53 54 55 56 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shair Aur Sargam, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists
swarapriya
post Feb 9 2014, 07:42 AM
Post #796

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Khoon Ki Pukaar (1978)

I am uploading songs from this album, skipping my chronological order, on request...

This album has some fine songs. These include Kishoreda's beautiful solo and Lata's "Maathe Pe". Here are these and the rest of the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 10 2014, 01:43 PM
Post #797

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shakeel) Bees Saal Baad (1962) - Post 1 (Songs)

This movie was loosely based on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s (of Sherlock Holmes character fame) “The Hound of the Baskervilles”. Hemantda produced and composed superb music for the film. It introduced Biswajeet to the Hindi audience. Waheeda Rehman was enchanting as a simple innocent girl and easily stole the show.

The movie was a huge hit mainly because of the great music composed by Hemantda. The haunting melody “Kahin Deep Jale” won Lataji the Best Female Playback Singer Filmfare Award. Shakeel Saab picked the Best Lyricist Award for the same song. The film also won a couple of other technical Filmfare Awards. Hemantda did not win any awards. Shankar & Jaikishan won for the Best Music for “Professor”. Interestingly this very same year Hemantda had another great winner as a music director for “Sahib Bibi aur Ghulam”. That movie was not even nominated.

I am uploading songs from this film and several instrumentals in four back-to-back posts. The first two posts contain all songs and some specials. The third and fourth posts contain several instrumentals.

In the first post I have included three parts of “Kahin Deep Jale” as they appear in the movie. The second part actually contains words from the first and third parts. I am also including the CD version of the song. Here are these and other songs in the first post…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 10 2014, 01:49 PM
Post #798

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bees Saal Baad (1962) - Post 2 (Songs)

Here are the rest of the songs and some specials related to this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 10 2014, 01:57 PM
Post #799

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bees Saal Baad (1962) - Post 3 (Instrumentals)

Here are instrumentals of some of the songs from this film. All these came from various CDs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 10 2014, 02:02 PM
Post #800

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bees Saal Baad (1962) - Post 4 (Instrumentals)

Here are more instrumentals of some of the songs from this film. All these came from various videos...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 14 2014, 10:49 AM
Post #801

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Anand Bakshi) Khakaan (1965)

I am uploading some of the songs from this film below. It appears like that I may be missing the two songs listed in red italics in the table below. If indeed this is the case and if there are additional songs you can share, I am requesting our members to please do so. Thanks.

Here are the songs I have...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 15 2014, 02:39 PM
Post #802

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hasrat) New Delhi (1956)

Songs from this fine album were recently uploaded in this very thread. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=738

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 17 2014, 03:23 AM
Post #803

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Javed Akhtar) Papa Kahte Hain (1996)

This movie came from the producer and director Mahesh Bhatt who was riding high with several commercial hits to his credit preceding it. These included films like “Aashique (1990)”, “Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991)”, “Sadak (1991)”, and “Hum Hai Rahi Pyar Ke (1993)”. Not only all these films were resounding hits but also their songs were immensely popular as well.

There was much anticipation before this film “Papa Kahte Hain” was released. The music of the film was released months before the film and its songs proved to be sensational hits. Every song in the film was a chart buster. Eventually when the film was released it proved to be a flop.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 17 2014, 03:30 AM
Post #804

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Papa Kahte Hain (1996)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 17 2014, 11:14 PM
Post #805

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Majrooh) Kala Pani (1958)

Even though Madhubala was the leading lady of the film, she had a limited role in the film. It was Nalini Jaywant & Dea Anand's movie all the way. Both of them delivered some of the best performances of their lives. Jaywant grabbed a Filmfare Award for her performance as the Best Supporting Actress and Dev won the Best Actor Filmfare Award. This was the year Dilip was also nominated for "Madhumati" and Raj Kapoor was nominated for "Phir Subah Aayegi", both very fine performances, especially the latter one was a deeply affecting portrayal of a tormented soul with a guilt to hide that was brilliantly executed by Raj.

The story of "Kala Pani" was credited to Anand Pal. However, it was based on A.J. Cronin's popular English novel, "Beyond This Place". A Bengali film, “Sabar Upaarey”, based on the same novel was made in 1955. Raj Khosla, a good friend of Dev, directed the Hindi Version. Incidentally Khoslaji’s first five films had Dev as hero. These were “Milap (1953)”, “C.I.D. (1955)”, “Kala Pani (1958)”, “Solva Saal (1958)”, and “Bombai ka Babu (1960)”.

This was yet another crowning achievement in Burmanda's illustrious career as a music director. Every song in this film was a huge hit. Even today they give so much joy when you listen to them. But the song of the album was Rafi Saab's poignant rendering of the solo "Hum Bekhudi Mein". Incidentally, Jaidev was Burmanda’s assistant.

I am uploading these beautiful songs and some specials in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post contains some specials.

Here are the songs in the first post…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 17 2014, 11:19 PM
Post #806

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Some Specials of "Kala Pani (1958)"...

Here are some specials related tot his film. I am also including here Burmanda's original rendition "Ghum Bhulechi" that inspired the chart buster "Hum Bekhudi Mein"...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 20 2014, 06:09 AM
Post #807

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajinder Krishan) Insaniyat (1955)

It is difficult to watch these types of old movies now. They are valuable as a piece of history because they were part of the progress we made in films thus far. Gemini, who made elaborate movies on a grand scale, was behind this film. Producer and director S.S. Vasan, who was in-charge of Gemini Studios, was responsible for this hit film.

The film paired for the first time (and for the last time) Dilip and Dev in the same movie. It so happened that this pairing was not the real novelty of the film. Instead, there was a chimp named Zippo in the movie that had a significant role and it stole the show from both of the thespians. Gemini had its own circus, famously known as Gemini Circus that toured through the country giving performances. It was part of their thundering hit “Chandralekha (1948)”. I am not sure whether Zippo belonged to the circus or not.

Dilip had some type of make-up done to his face that had his eyebrows twitched and eyes squinted most of the time. Still he delivered a fine performance. But Dev was a complete miscast in the swashbuckling role. He clearly was out of his element and the funny costumes he wore and the awful looking mustache he sported didn't do any good for his looks or demeanor.

As usually is the case with most Gemini films, there are plenty of songs in this film. But there are none worth remembering or mentioning. C. Ramchandra was at the helm of music. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Ramchandraji who was flying high during this period gave a very disappointing and forgettable score.

This movie was based on the Telugu super hit, "Palletoori Pilla (1951)", even though in the film story was credited to the Gemini Story Department. Interestingly, the Telugu movie didn't have any ape as its star. It was purely created for the Hindi version. Many felt that people went over ape to see the film thanks to the scene stealer Zippo.

I am uploading all songs from the film in two back-to-back posts. Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Feb 25 2014, 05:28 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 20 2014, 06:14 AM
Post #808

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Insaniyat (1955)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 24 2014, 09:27 PM
Post #809

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shailendra) Ab Dilli Dur Nahin (1957)

In between his very popular movies, Raj Kapoor also made other socially conscious movies in "Boot Polish" and "Ab Dilli Dur Nahin". He produced both of them but did not direct either. He made a brief appearance in "Boot Polish" but was completely off the screen in "Dilli". The movie was the plight for justice of a little boy who was convinced that his father was wrongfully imprisoned. It tells the story of that boy's journey to Delhi to see the prime minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, to seek out the rightful justice.

Dattaram, who was assistant to Shankar & Jaikishan, made his debut as a music director with this movie. Incidentally Dattaram along with Shankar and Jaikishan assisted the music director Ram Ganguly for Raj’s maiden venture as a producer and director, “Aag”. However fine his music compositions were, yet Dattaramji gave music to only a handful of films.

As noted earlier, the movie’s central character was a small boy played by Master Romi. When the boy ends up in Delhi he befriends a group of children who decide to help his cause. Among this group was Amjad Khan, a future stand out. The great Khan Saab had a big enough role as part of the boys’ group. He was even in a couple of songs. Apparently Khan Saab appeared in other films as a child artiste before as an adult his breakthrough movie “Sholay (1975)” came along.

The movie boasted several fine songs. Rafi Saab's "Chhun Chhun Karti" was one of the chart busters. The song "Yeh Chaman Hamaara" appeared twice in the film, in the beginning and briefly at the end. However, wordings are the same. I am uploading here a version song of this by Sabita Banerjee (later wife of the music director Salil Chowdhury). This was contributed by one of our Forum members, Pradeep Asrani. Thank you very much Pradeepji for sharing the song. Please note that the bit rate of this song is low. There is also another version of this song available that is attributed to Noor Jehan. I have this song. I am convinced that it is the same song from the movie because the voice is definitely not that of the great Noor Jehan. I have decided to not upload it.

I am uploading all songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 24 2014, 09:34 PM
Post #810

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Ab Dilli Dur Nahin (1957)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

143 Pages V « < 52 53 54 55 56 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:48 AM