Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28th January, Suman Kalyanpur's Birthday

> 28th January, Suman Kalyanpur's Birthday
parekhashok
post Jan 29 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

Friends,

While listening to FM Gold here in Mumai last night, got to know that it was Suman Kalyanpur's Birth Day. The channel had a 50 minutes program giving information about Summan Kalyanpur along with few of her songs. The information I could gather from the program are as under:

-- Born on 28th January 1938 in Dacca (now in Bangla Desh)

-- Suman Hemadi was her maiden name.

-- Her father was a Bank employee.

-- Her family came in Mumbai during World War II.

-- Mangu was the first Hindi film she sang in. MD was Mohd. Shafi.

-- She was awarded Swarna Kamal in 196a by the Governer of Maharashtra.

-- During the rift between Lata Mangeshkar and Mohd. Rafi, Suman Kalyanpur got so many songs which otherwise would have sung by Lataji.

During the programme the announcer also spoke with MD Khayyam over phone for his views on SK. According to Khayaam saab, she was hardworking and totally devoted to her work. She never mind for as many rehearsals for her songs.

Following songs were played during the programme:

(1) Chand Takta Hai Idhar (duet with Rafisaab in Duj Ka Chand)
(2) Sharabe Sharabe Ye Sawan Ka Mausam (MD again Roshan, film: Nurjahan?)
(3) Jo Hum Pe gujarati Hai (Mohabbat Isko Kahte Hain - MD: Khayyam)
(4) Thaheriye Hosh Men Aa Lu To Chale Jaaiyega (duet with Rafisaab in above movie)
(5) Kaheti Hai Jhuki Jhuki Nazar Dil Ne Dhadakte Di Hai Khabar (Film-?)
(6) Teri Palko Men Kajal Ai Hasina Ham Se Behtar Hai (duet with Rafisaab, Khayaamsaab like music, film unknown)
(7) Tumse O Hasina Muhabbat Na Maine Karni Thi (duet with Rafisaab in Farz)
(8) Aaj Kal Tere Mere Pyar Ke Charche Har Zaban Par (duet with Rafisaab in Brahmachari)
(9) Mere Mehboob Na Jaa Aaj Ki Raat Na Jaa (Nur Mahal, MD: Janibabu)

I personally feel that though SK always remained under LM's shadow, she has sung so many memorable songs and that her contribution to HFM cannot be ignored. There is a big gap of nearly 13 years between her and Rafisaab but this is never evident in all her songs with Rafisaab. Whom the credit should go for the same SK, Rafisaab or both!

I hope our forum will remember Sumnaji's birthday.

Best Regards
Ashok Parekh
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
parekhashok   28th January, Suman Kalyanpur's Birthday   Jan 29 2004, 10:14 PM
Chitralekha   Happy Birthday to Suman ji. :) Ashok ji, agree wi...   Jan 30 2004, 12:06 AM
iqbal   Na na karte pyar tumhi se kar baithe with Rafisaab...   Jan 30 2004, 07:36 PM
usha   Suman has sung some lovely songs solo and duets so...   Jan 31 2004, 01:06 AM
Bhavita   I would like to add - jo ham pe guzarti hain tanha...   Oct 24 2009, 07:50 PM
newruparel   Hi This is from film Jay Vijay lyrics hasrat jaipu...   Dec 11 2008, 07:34 PM
divinity   :P Friends I am listening to Suman ji since my chi...   Jun 13 2009, 11:34 PM
Kirat Pal   :P Friends I am listening to Suman ji since my ch...   Oct 24 2009, 12:07 PM
Kirat Pal   On her next birth day i will try to upload some ra...   Jan 20 2010, 03:32 PM
rpnawani   On her next birth day i will try to upload some r...   Jan 20 2010, 08:16 PM
surhall   sangeet ka safar request Can anyone send me this...   Jan 21 2010, 03:47 AM
usrafian   sangeet ka safar request Can anyone send me thi...   Jan 21 2010, 10:09 AM
Kirat Pal   Aaj Meri He Pariksha Laaj Rakh Bhagwaan Suman Hem...   Jan 22 2010, 01:52 PM
Kirat Pal   Hum Sabko Nek Raah Chalanaa Mere Allah Suman Kal...   Jan 22 2010, 02:17 PM
surhall   [quote name='surhall' post='648389' date='Jan 21 ...   Jan 23 2010, 12:38 AM
Kirat Pal   Two more songs Wo Jidhar Dekh Rahe Hein Suman K...   Jan 23 2010, 01:09 PM
Kirat Pal   Two more songs Barse Badrwa Matware Non Film So...   Jan 24 2010, 09:12 AM
Kirat Pal   Adding one Gujarati and one Marathi song. Rimjhim...   Jan 26 2010, 09:26 AM
Kirat Pal   Adding two filmy songs Aao Preetam Pyaare Suman...   Jan 26 2010, 11:10 AM
Kirat Pal   Ja Humne Tujhko Diya Dil Suman Kalyanpur MUJARIM ...   Jan 28 2010, 07:57 AM
Bhavita   WIshing Sumanji a Happy Birthday:) Uploading some...   Jan 23 2010, 12:16 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:03 PM