Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bangkok - Ankor Wat

, Anyone been to these places?

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bangkok - Ankor Wat, Anyone been to these places?
Nimii
post Dec 7 2004, 12:15 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Yes that is right.. for all you know you could use that monies to bet and win a jackpot too!

N
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pranavjh
post Dec 7 2004, 12:21 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 1123

Let me ask you this....what's the "oldest" structure/monument that you have ever visited?

That would be an interesting poll in the forum wouldn't it?

Pranav
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 7 2004, 12:22 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hmmm yes indeed! Let me think...

N
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 7 2004, 03:13 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Pranav.. I cant really place the age of the monuments I have seen which have been many.

Now this is real difficult for me!

N
+Quote Post
jayant
post Dec 7 2004, 04:29 PM
Post #20

Unregistered

Well Nimms............
u need 2 1st decide wht for u r going 2 vacation?Whether 2 enjoy the serene beaches or the fantastic ruins which will take u back few centuries in the history book.
If its the 1st case I can b of some little help as i hv been 2 the place:
If u r planning for a trip 2 S.E.Asia u shld club it in such a way so tht u can touch BGK,KL & Singapore.Reasons:
Thailand:
Bgk is a commercial city where there is nothing much 2 see but its a shopping paradise as far as duplicate stuff is concerned.There is this market called Platunam bazar which closes by 5pm which is worth visiting where u can really pick up good value for mony stuff.If u r addicted 2 computers/electronics then PANTIP PLAZA shopping mall is a must.Its a 7 floor market stuffed with everything and anything related to comp & the dupli softares u will find all even some which bill gates is just contemplating 2 launch.Price all flat 100 bhats siftware.
The big shopping malls r BIG C,ROBINSONS where u get all label stuff & throughout the year some sale is going.

Pattaya dn't go.Its promoted heavily but except the sleazy night life u will find nothing extraordinary there.Off Pataya they take u to nongnoch village,coral island but its all marketed very well...nothing great 2 apprecaite.
U shld go instaed 2 either Phuket or Kosamui which r less commercial and beautiful with great beaches.

KL in Malaysia shld go.Jenting islands dn't venture all hyped up with those essel world games.Go 2 either Penang or Langkawi both r beutiful beaches.Shop branded stuffs in KL as they r cheaper in shopping malls becos most of the factories r there in KL in S.E.Asia.
Singapore u can hv a stopover for 2 nights.Dn't shop in mustafa as its expensive though its the only 24 hr mall tht is open.There r lot of good malls where u can shop.Visit Sentosa island which u will love and enjoy the city.

Cambodia mandir u can go from thailand.I think its a 7 hr journey by land.

Egypt I hv no idea becos i myself is contemplating 2 go & hv a cruise in the NILE........but its expensive...thts wht i heard of.
all the best.
js
+Quote Post
jayant
post Dec 7 2004, 04:31 PM
Post #21

Unregistered

FYI the season time is now in S.E.ASia.The offseason starts from feb end or march.
js
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 7 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Jayantda I dont go with the same mood of that of any vacationer.. I like adventure, I like to see ruins.. I love to travel back in time when I go to such places..

Thanks for the details, but I guess I wont be able to make it this winter either.. mebbe the next pooja vacation or xmas vacation.

Egypt is a bit expensive, but I am sure it is worth the money. Last year I couldn't make it coz of the Nile cruise dates were not clashing with the travel dates of mine. I wish and hope I should get to go there soon.

This winter I might go for a 4 day outing probably to the Kabini river .. Let me see if I can avail the accommodation... as the place gets booked very fast.

Thanks again for the details of Thailand and Bangkok.

N
+Quote Post
jayant
post Dec 7 2004, 08:32 PM
Post #23

Unregistered

hmm so u like adventure.good good!!
hv u been 2 the himalayas?wht kind of adventures u do?paragliding?trecking?rafting?
give me some more info abt the kabini river.Sounds interesting.
egypt as u rightly said is wonderful.so is morocco also and frm there europe(france) is handshaking distance.also if u want 2 see history jordan & syria r 1 of the best places.
js
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Dec 7 2004, 10:51 PM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(jayant @ Dec 7 2004, 08:32 PM)
hmm so u like adventure.good good!!
hv u been 2 the himalayas?wht kind of adventures u do?paragliding?trecking?rafting?
give me some more info abt the kabini river.Sounds interesting.
egypt as u rightly said is wonderful.so is morocco also and frm there europe(france) is handshaking distance.also if u want 2 see history jordan & syria r 1 of the best places.
js

White water rafting is something i have always dreamed of. A trip to Leh/Dharamashala is on the cards.. but dont know when!

Here is an interesting link on Kabini - http://www.nivalink.com/kabini/ Even tho the place seems to have a hotel/resort kinda atmosphere, now with no fears of Veerappan and his lot.. I would love to pitch a tent and stay! The weather is superb for this kinda activity too.

Europe and its neighbouring countries are some of the areas I have never been to. Wish o wish I could travel all the time...

N

+Quote Post
pranavjh
post Dec 8 2004, 02:00 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 1123

QUOTE(Nimii @ Dec 7 2004, 02:43 AM)
Pranav.. I cant really place the age of the monuments I have seen which have been many.

Now this is real difficult for me!

N

Actually that's true...I was thinking of the same and came up with probably Stonehenge as the oldest monument wink2.gif but then it doesn't really mean anything (except just for the record.

Pranav
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:03 PM