Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Mighty Bangladeshis

, Shatter myth of Aussie invincibility.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Mighty Bangladeshis, Shatter myth of Aussie invincibility.
Akhtar
post Jun 20 2005, 08:32 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 568

QUOTE(unni @ Jun 20 2005, 07:31 AM)
Just yesterday, Hindustan Times on-line featured some 22 (?) 'fixed' matches.  The Bangla Desh/Pakistan match is one among them. That match was "investigated" by the cricketing authorities. Is this one going to be?

The site may still be on-line.

I feel that was blatantly fixed. I feel the same about the WC99 final.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
princeali
post Jun 20 2005, 10:47 PM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

I also agree with Akhtar bhai, the 99 world cup final looked fixed, it was very shocking to see Pakistan just sink like that on a wonderful batting track.

Hats off to Bangladesh for beating the mighty Australians, they deserved to win on that day, they played better. I think Australia is just going through a lean patch, they should come back strongly.

England's one-day squad has improved in that last few years and now they are a nice and balanced side. The addition of Pietersen down the order will help them alot. They now have the side that can disturb the best teams in the world and one should watch out for them in the next world cup.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
sharpguy
post Jun 20 2005, 11:24 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 1749

just 2 consecutive defeats, including one against B'desh... (which might be fix) how can jus two game turns all the statistics up side down...???
I was reading this on indiatimes.. I mean... Aussie's lost to B'desh .. how come India came in between ... I found it ridiculous.. though I liked reading it...and wish it come true...
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/quickies/1147448.cms

I mean.. I still feel Ausssies are great side, I wish they go down but it will atleast take few more matches.. and what if...by the end of this year they keep loosing.. wink2.gif .. how would that sound????

What you guys say about Sachin, will he be in for Another world cup??? I'm constanyly watching Chappel's comments and moves.. any comments ??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It requires wisdom to understand wisdom..
The music is nothing if the audience is deaf!
+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Jun 21 2005, 12:06 AM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 2035

I agree with what Akhtar, PrinceAli and Sharpguy have to say...There's quite a possibilty of the matches in 99 WC being fixed.....But definitely Hats Off to Bangladesh for pulling out that one on Saturday!!! I am extremely happy for them....Honestly.....I feel they fully deserved their win....They were undoubtedly the better team in all depts. that day....

And well......my take on Sachin....He's definitely in for more......atleast you can be sure of seeing him in WC 2007..... smile1.gifbow.gif

Love Music....... LOVE GK
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Jun 21 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 120

QUOTE(sharpguy @ Jun 20 2005, 11:24 PM)

What you guys say about Sachin, will he be in for Another world cup??? I'm constanyly watching Chappel's comments and moves..  any comments ??

Sachin ( bow.gif ) will be back with a bang... I just cannot think of Indian team for WC 2007 without him. His best is probably yet to come.

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Jun 21 2005, 12:38 AM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

You Bet Vivek.......You have a supporter in me wink2.gif Sachin's definitely gonna make an amazing comeback......One really can't imagine the Indian team without him smile1.gif Irrespective of the opposition...or his form.....He just has to be there.......I'm sure this is gonna be the case....even when grows up to be 40.... smile1.gif There's still so much of cricket left in him......He's not one who's gonna leave so early.....The Cricket world deserves a longer innings from this Master!!! smile1.gifsmile1.gifsmile1.gif

+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Jun 21 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(gkshyam @ Jun 21 2005, 12:38 AM)
You Bet Vivek.......You have a supporter in me wink2.gif Sachin's definitely gonna make an amazing comeback......One really can't imagine the Indian team without him smile1.gif Irrespective of the opposition...or his form.....He just has to be there.......I'm sure this is gonna be the case....even when grows up to be 40.... smile1.gif There's still so much of cricket left in him......He's not one who's gonna leave so early.....The Cricket world deserves a longer innings from this Master!!! smile1.gifsmile1.gifsmile1.gif

Amen...

And if his operation turns out to be highly sucessful we may even see him in 2011 WC smile1.gif

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
sharpguy
post Jun 21 2005, 01:38 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 1749

I hope same too, all depends on operation.
I was just bit worried after reading this article. Have you read it?
Prediction abt Sachin's career from a Pak Astrolger.

http://thatscricket.indiainfo.com/news/200...0106sachin.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It requires wisdom to understand wisdom..
The music is nothing if the audience is deaf!
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Jun 21 2005, 10:11 AM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sharpguy @ Jun 21 2005, 01:38 AM)
I hope same too, all depends on operation.
I was just bit worried after reading this article. Have you read it?
Prediction abt Sachin's career from a Pak Astrolger.

http://thatscricket.indiainfo.com/news/200...0106sachin.html

Yeah had read this. But as always I wish Sachin proves such predictions wrong...

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Jun 21 2005, 12:58 PM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Well said Vivek Bhai........I pray Sachin proves all those predictions wrong...He's born to serve Cricket for a much longer duration......and create and break more records than what he has now.......I hope to see him in 2011 as well..... wink2.gif Might even go on to break Javed Miandad's record of most WC appearances (6) wink2.gif.......

+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Jun 22 2005, 12:56 AM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hope you guys are watching the match between England and Bangladesh that is on right now........Check out this guy Ashraful man!!!!! He's taking the English attack to the cleaners.. bow.gif ..Got to his fifty with a Six....Hit the World's 8th fastest Fifty.....in 21 balls......(Faster than the Fastest Indian fifty...) He's now on 94... bow.gif ..still rubbishing all the bowlers he's facing......Plssss Plsssss watch him in action.... bow.gif .... smile.gif

Bangladesh are chasing 392...definitely a herculian task......but I still give them a chance.....for two reasons......One......they beat the Aussies the other day.....and TWO......Mohd. Ashraful is still blazing out there....... thumbs-up.gif God Bless!!!!!! smile1.gifsmile1.gifsmile1.gif

+Quote Post
fiftysomeone
post Jun 22 2005, 05:40 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 2341

QUOTE(gkshyam @ Jun 22 2005, 12:56 AM)
b]Check out this guy Ashraful man!!!!! He's taking the English attack to the cleaners..
He's now on 94... bow.gif ..still rubbishing all the bowlers he's facing......Plssss Plsssss watch him in action.... bow.gif .... smile.gif

Bangladesh are chasing 392...definitely a herculian task......but I still give them a chance.....for two reasons......One......they beat the Aussies the other day.....and TWO......Mohd. Ashraful is still blazing out there....... thumbs-up.gif God Bless!!!!!! smile1.gifsmile1.gifsmile1.gif[/b]

Well he seemed to have got jinxed by the attention since he got out at the same score (94)!
A score of 223 chasing 392 isn't really all that great in the end, however they may have dazzled in parts. And letting a team score close to 400, notwithstanding Collingwood's brilliance, means that there's still lots to think about.
Cheers.

+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Jun 22 2005, 11:36 AM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yes 50-50.......what a coincidence.....The minute I put that post up...and shut down......He got out......(Ashraful)......He definitely deserved his century....more than anybody else in the world... smile1.gif...that was really unlucky..... sad1.gif

Yes, I agree....letting a team close to 400.....and all that isn't a great sign for a team. But I still feel Bangladesh atleast gave it a fight....no other team in recent times...has looked to chase SUCH A HIGH total in such a positive manner.....I hadn't even thought inmy dreams...that after conceeding 391.....they gonna try for that total.......But the minute Ashraful came on crease......THAT WAS IT!!!! He started spelling TERROR for ALL the English bowlers.....hitting them for 4s and 6s all over the park.....Taking the ATTACK to the opposition.....You really need Guts for that man.......and this guy was Positivity Personified.....and wasn't gonna go down...without putting up a decent fight......That was What I really liked about his approach...... bow.gif

Other teams.....(Like India)...can definitely learn a lot from watching this innings of his.....Many a time....they surrender meekly without even putting up a fight....and sometimes.....even go on to Give the games that they are comfortably winning......to the opposition on a platter.....Definitely Lots to learn....... thumbs-up.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:27 PM