Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

P.suseela.....a Living Legend

, unforgettable melodies

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> P.suseela.....a Living Legend, unforgettable melodies
simplefable
post Aug 26 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 20340

No introduction is needed for Smt P.Suseela the nightingale of Telugu film songs. Her range and versatility is amazing. She started her playback singing in 1952 with the film Kanna thalli when she was just seventeen. from then on, there was no looking back for her. She was given awards on innumerable occassions. Though she has gracefully stepped down from the career, her songs will be always playing in some corner of South India.

I would be uploading her songs in a batch every day...Hope you all with enjoy this musical journey...

Pilavakura - Suvarna sundari
Music P.Adinarayana Rao
duration 4.10 mts

Kanulu terichina neevaaye - Gundamma katha
Music Ghantasala
duration 3.35 mts

Neevu leka veena -Dr Chakravarthi
Music S.Rajeswara Rao
duration 3.33 mts

Doorana neeli meghalu - Gudi Ghantalu
Music Ghantasala
duration 3.53 mts

all are 128 kbps, mp3 songs.

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Aug 30 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Some more songs for all...to enjoy and cherish.... some very special songs which have wonderful lyrics and sung with so much feel...

chaduvu raani vadivani
Film Atma bandhuvu
Music k.v.mahadevan
bitrate 128 kbps
duration 3.15

Anaganaga oka raju..
Film Atma bandhuvu
Music k.v.mahadevan
bitrate 128 kbps
duration 3.22

Naalugu kallu okatainaayi
Film Atma balam
Music k.v.mahadevan
bitrate 128 kbps
duration 3.25

yemani paadeno
Bharya bhartalu
music S.Rajeswara rao
bitrate 128 kbps
duration 2.41

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
venkat
post Sep 11 2007, 09:17 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

SF garu,

Could you oblige me with "Nee Chelimiiiii Nede Korithiniiii, Ee Kshanameeeee Aaaasa Veedithiniiii, Nee Chelimiiii"--Film:Aradahana (old)---MD:S.Rajeswara Rao? A great song picturised on Savitri!

Thanks,

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Sep 11 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 11 2007, 09:17 AM) *

SF garu,

Could you oblige me with "Nee Chelimiiiii Nede Korithiniiii, Ee Kshanameeeee Aaaasa Veedithiniiii, Nee Chelimiiii"--Film:Aradahana (old)---MD:S.Rajeswara Rao? A great song picturised on Savitri!

Thanks,

Venkat

Venkat ..please leave garu...no need for it. smile.gif
Here is the song requested by you...Savitri in pristine glory, as only she can be...since you havent specified either video or audio, am posting both.... biggrin.gif

Nee chelimi nede korithini...
Film Aradhana
Music S.Rajeswara Rao
Lyrics Narla chiranjeevi
Resolution 400 X 304
Bitrate 727 kbps

Attached Image Attached Image

format mp3
128 kbps
duration 3.01 min.

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
venkat
post Sep 13 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplefable @ Sep 11 2007, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(venkat @ Sep 11 2007, 09:17 AM) *

SF garu,

Thanks,

Venkat

Venkat ..please leave garu...no need for it. smile.gif
Here is the song requested by you...Savitri in pristine glory, as only she can be...since you havent specified either video or audio, am posting both.... biggrin.gif

Nee chelimi nede korithini...
Film Aradhana
Music S.Rajeswara Rao
Lyrics Narla chiranjeevi
Resolution 400 X 304
Bitrate 727 kbps

Attached Image Attached Image

format mp3
128 kbps
duration 3.01 min.

Many thanks indeed, SF. Actually I needed only the audio.

But, what a great song! Can compete with some of the best Lata solos of the olden times. I do recommend it to some of our non-Telugu members!

Normally, female singers cannot carry high pitches. But, P. Suseela, like Lata, can manage to hold her own in some very high pitched notes, as you can see in this song.

One other thing, SF. You described P.Suseela as the Nightingale of Telugu Films, but as you well know, she is the Nightingale of all four languages of South, namely Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada!

Venkat

PS. This P. Suseela song will certainly taste sweeter if you keep watching above the petite (in those days, not later!), calssical beauty, Savitri, who lipped the song in the Film!

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

+Quote Post
venkat
post Sep 13 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

SF,

S.Rajeswara Rao(MD)-P.Suseela combination has delivered some excellent songs.

Two such are from Film:Desa Drohulu (NTR, Devika).

Two versions of "Jagame Maarinadi Madhuramu Ga Ee Vela", one a solo by Ghantasala and the other a duet by P.Suseela and Ghantasala!

May I request you for these?

Thanks,

Venkat

PS. In the solo Of P. Suseela, MD:S.Rajeswara Rao makes her climb very high scales at places!

+Quote Post
simplefable
post Sep 14 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Venkat ..your insight into music is really phenomenal... smile.gif Not often do i come across someone special like you, who is so well versed with both languages..hindi and telugu. knowing is one thing..KNOWING is something else.
here are the two songs you asked for..indeed it is a pleasure to share them with a connoisseur like you. I have but one small opinion...honestly, i dont think we can compare lata's voice to susheela's voice. it will be injustice to either of them. for example, you might have heard the song...nidurapora thammuda...sung by lata in telugu , i found it totally pale...with out expression...Susheela would have done much better job than it...May be the language and the feel does make a difference...quite interesting to note that...please do offer your valuable suggestions...I am posting the lata number also..from film santanam...i wonder if Ghantasala every sung in...Hindi....can you enlighten me?

Jagame maarinadi....Suseela
Desadrohulu
S.Rajeswara Rao
Lyrics Arudra
duration 3.59 min

Jagame Maarinadi....Ghantasala and suseela
Duration 3.24 min

Niduropora tammuda
Santanam
Lata mangeshkar
Music Dakshina murthy
Lyrics Anisetty pinisetty
duration 3.30 min

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Sep 14 2007, 10:41 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Venkat ..your insight into music is really phenomenal... smile.gif Not often do i come across someone special like you, who is so well versed with both languages..hindi and telugu. knowing is one thing..KNOWING is something else.
here are the two songs you asked for..indeed it is a pleasure to share them with a connoisseur like you. I have but one small opinion...honestly, i dont think we can compare lata's voice to susheela's voice. it will be injustice to either of them. for example, you might have heard the song...nidurapora thammuda...sung by lata in telugu , i found it totally pale...with out expression...Susheela would have done much better job than it...May be the language and the feel does make a difference...quite interesting to note that...please do offer your valuable suggestions...I am posting the lata number also..from film santanam...i wonder if Ghantasala ever sung in...Hindi....can you enlighten me?

Desadrohulu
S.Rajeswara Rao
Lyrics Arudra
duration 3.59 min

Duration 3.24 min

Niduropora tammuda
Santanam
Lata mangeshkar
Music Dakshina murthy
duration 3.30 min

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
venkat
post Sep 14 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Meanwhile, I am uploading one rare P.Suseela-Talat Mehmood duet from Film:Manorama(1959)--MD:Ramesh Naidu. "Marachi Po Radoyi Chesina Basalu".

SF may already have this. So, let me see who else this very nice duet would interest!

Venkat

Duration:03:03

32 KBPS (Sound quality is perfect.)

+Quote Post
Purple_Fairy
post Sep 15 2007, 04:10 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5465

can anyone post her hindi songs,

yes i like her voice too.
+Quote Post
venkat
post Sep 15 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplefable @ Sep 14 2007, 10:41 AM) *

here are the two songs you asked for..indeed it is a pleasure to share them with a connoisseur like you. I have but one small opinion...honestly, i dont think we can compare lata's voice to susheela's voice. it will be injustice to either of them. for example, you might have heard the song...nidurapora thammuda...sung by lata in telugu , i found it totally pale...with out expression...Susheela would have done much better job than it...May be the language and the feel does make a difference...quite interesting to note that...please do offer your valuable suggestions...I am posting the lata number also..from film santanam...i wonder if Ghantasala ever sung in...Hindi....can you enlighten me?

Desadrohulu
S.Rajeswara Rao
Lyrics Arudra
duration 3.59 min

Duration 3.24 min

Niduropora tammuda
Santanam
Lata mangeshkar
Music Dakshina murthy
duration 3.30 min

SF,

Many thanks again. But, I do not see your actual uploads of these three great songs! What is the matter? Hope it is not some disfunctionality at my PC!

Also, thanks for the complimentary lines above! But, the admiration is mutual!

I shall give my views on the subject(s) later.

Venkat

+Quote Post
venkat
post Sep 15 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

SF,

I could now sight the three songs (2 from Desadrohulu and 1 from Santanam).

Well, I would like to say that both Lata and Suseela are very great singers and both had excellent voices! If we split more hairs, we will be in a risky terrain!

I am told that Ghantasala did not sing any Hindi film song written in Hindi/Urdu. But, he did sing a Sloka in a Hindi Film:Pandav Vanavaas (must be a remake/dub of Telugu 'Pandava Vanavaasam'). Besides, he was also the MD for this Pandav Vanavaas, in addition to another Hindi film, Paatal Bhairavi!

However, P.Suseela did sing quite a few proper Hindi songs, but mostly for the mythologicals and folklores all of which were based on Southern originals. One of her non-remake Hindi songs is in a Film called Bachpan(1970)-MD:LP. This is in response to PF's query.

Venkat

PS. SF, one last upload request for the time being. "Virise Challani Vennela, Marala Eenadu Maa Kannula" form Lava Kusa-MD:Ghantasala--Singers:P.Suseela, Jamuna Rani & Chorus

+Quote Post
simplefable
post Sep 15 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Venkat....here is the song requested by you.
Slokas mostly will be in sanskrit..and Ghantasala's rendition is UNMATCHED in that section as i believe smile.gif
for example there is Bhagavadgita..the ultimate.
Lets see, if i can get hold of the songs from pathal bhairavi...or pandav vanvaas. In addition to your request this jewel of a song..of Suseela..from the film Sukhaduhkhaalu...Idi mallela vela ani...another high pitch rendition and my altime fav. smile.gif
Please do keep your requests coming...i enjoy it much more than you do...
పంచుకుంటే పెరిగేది సంతోషం అని నేను చాలా నమ్ముతాను .. మరి మంచి పాటలను వినడం కంటే సంతోషం ఎక్కడుంది చెప్పండి ? కాదంటారా?

Virise challani vennela
Music Ghantasala
Lyrics Sadasiva brahmam
duration 2.23
mp3, 128 kbps

Idi mallela vela ani..
Sukha duhkhaalu
Music S.P.kodandapani
lyrics Devulapalli Krishnasastri
duration 4.43 min
mp3, 128 kbps

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
tamizharasi
post Sep 16 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 15156

Simplefable u hv tamil songs of P.Susheela? Thks.

"Naan oru dhatavai sonna, Adhu nooru dhatavai sonna madhiri"

"Naan solratha thaan seivan, seiratha thaan solluven"

"Idhu Eppadi Irukku"

IPB Image
SUPER RAJINI UNLIMITED
+Quote Post
venkat
post Sep 16 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

SF, my sincere thanks for the songs. I now need to correct myself that the singers in the Lava Kusa song are actually S.Janaki and Jamuna Rani and chorus. P.Suseela is just not there.

Thanks again,

Venkat

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 10:21 PM