Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Female Singers

, We need to collect info on female singer

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Female Singers, We need to collect info on female singer
archimoz
post May 31 2004, 10:26 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 88

QUOTE (Nimii @ May 26 2004, 10:08 AM)
Should we start one on the south indian Carnatic singers too?? My personal favourite is MSSubbalakshmi smile.gif

Dear Nimi,

Check this link:

http://ww.smashits.com/index.cfm?Page=Audi...cks&AlbumID=181

This is the list of bhajans I go 'lattu' listening to. Most of them (upto 'pyaare darshan') are composed by Dilip Kumar Roy for the movie 'Meera' in 1945 where MS seemed to the actual embodiment of the great mediaval saint of Rajputana who gave our Bhakti Cult movement such a beautiful momentum. The rest of the bhajans were all Gandhi-ji's favourites & elevated MS to the position of the most divine bhajan-singer of the country in the 40's & 50's along with Dattatrea Vishnu Paluskar.

Regards-Archie.

P.S. These songs are available in volume 2 of the 5-set 'Legends' series of MS released by RPG. I have them in cassette form & strongly reccomend you to procure one for yourself. It also has those famous chants like 'Venkateshwara Suprabhatam, Vishnu Sahasranamam, Kashi Viswanath Suprabhatham, Bhaja Govindam, Dashavataram' etc.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nimii
post May 31 2004, 01:01 PM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (archimoz @ May 31 2004, 04:56 AM)
QUOTE (Nimii @ May 26 2004, 10:08 AM)
Should we start one on the south indian Carnatic singers too?? My personal favourite is MSSubbalakshmi  smile.gif

Dear Nimi,

Check this link:

http://ww.smashits.com/index.cfm?Page=Audi...cks&AlbumID=181

This is the list of bhajans I go 'lattu' listening to. Most of them (upto 'pyaare darshan') are composed by Dilip Kumar Roy for the movie 'Meera' in 1945 where MS seemed to the actual embodiment of the great mediaval saint of Rajputana who gave our Bhakti Cult movement such a beautiful momentum. The rest of the bhajans were all Gandhi-ji's favourites & elevated MS to the position of the most divine bhajan-singer of the country in the 40's & 50's along with Dattatrea Vishnu Paluskar.

Regards-Archie.

P.S. These songs are available in volume 2 of the 5-set 'Legends' series of MS released by RPG. I have them in cassette form & strongly reccomend you to procure one for yourself. It also has those famous chants like 'Venkateshwara Suprabhatam, Vishnu Sahasranamam, Kashi Viswanath Suprabhatham, Bhaja Govindam, Dashavataram' etc.

wowowieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee need to get this set right away smile.gif

My lps of MS ji are lying at Chennai sad.gif

I still go crazy over her Jagado daaraa .. (a kannada song sung to Lord Krishna smile.gif)

N smile.gif
+Quote Post
archimoz
post May 31 2004, 02:34 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 88

QUOTE (Nimii @ May 31 2004, 01:01 PM)
I still go crazy over her Jagado daaraa .. (a kannada song sung to Lord Krishna smile.gif)

N smile.gif

Even this song (jagadodharana arithi(?) yashoda) based on raag kaapi is also there in that 5-pack set.

Regards-Archie.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th September 2024 - 04:44 AM