Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shelved Bollywood Blockbusters

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shelved Bollywood Blockbusters
Erum Hashmi
post Oct 10 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 428

QUOTE(nasir @ Oct 10 2008, 02:43 AM) *
In the Forties, Mumtaz was introduced in Basant. Devika Rani decided that the name Madhubala would do justice to her ethereal beauty and that’s how Mumtaz turned Madhubala in Devika’s next home production Jwar Bhatta opposite another new comer Dilip Kumar. But that film was shelved.

Nutan in the prime years she refused to work opposite Dilip Kumar. Suraiya was also abandoned a movie with him. I remember the name of one film as Janwar.

Aag Ka Dariya was shelved in the 80’s. Rekha was the leading lady.

In the fifites, DK was supposed to act in Kala Aadmi which was shelved. A picture of the same name appeared with Ashok Kumar some more than a decade later.

There were at least 13 others that were either announced, launched, began shooting but shelved subsequently for a variety of reasons.

Amitabh Bachchan and Dilip Kumar were seen on screen for the first time in Ramesh Sippy's Shakti (1982). But much before Shakti happened, Eagle Films had signed Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Amjad Khan for their new project, which was to be directed by Yash Chopra. However, the project did not materialize subsequently.

Unfortunately, Dilip Kumar's first (not ghost-work) directorial venture Kalinga did not see the light of the day. There was a fallout with Sudhakar Bokade which was blamed for the delay.

In the Eighties, I remember seeing the Dilip Kumar’ picture on the Filmfare magazine and he was to play the title role of Chanakya ��" a B.R. movie. I guess that too got shelved. B.R. Naya Daur starring Madhubala and Dilip Kumar was shelved; but revived with Vyjayantimala.

The actor and director Subhash Ghai have already collaborated in memorable films like Karma, Vidhata and Saudagar. Now they are set to make a fourth film together. But unlike the previous three, which involved high drama and emotion, this will be a lighthearted movie. Ghai intended to complete the shooting of that film in three months, keeping in mind the veteran actor's age and health. We haven’t heard further on this.

His “Homeland” had the line up of Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan. Haven’t heard further on this.

There was another film that Ghai had intended to make starring Dilip Saab and Shah Rukh Khan together but it was shelved due to SRK's back problem.

I also remember there was a film which had DK and Ajay Devgan. Dont remember that Urdu title at the moment. That too got shelved.

Dilip Kumar does not regret his decision, three films that he declined went on to become landmarks in Indian cinema. Mehboob Khan's "Mother India", Guru Dutt's "Pyasa" and Raj Kapoor's "Sangam". He also turned down a role in Lawrence of Arabia which ultimately went to Omar Sharif.

About Dev Anand, his Sajan ki Galiyan opposite Sadhna, and Kahin Aur Chal opposite Asha Parekh did not see the light of the day.

SHIKWAAH was to be made with Nutan & DK! Sajjad Hussain composed some songs with Talat Mahmood for it! smile.gif

ASAR--THE IMPACT

'Baghbaan' was launched by B.R.Chopra in 1991 AB playing the main lead , movie was released in 2003.

Harsh Bhat

BAAGHBAAN was initially being made with Dilip Kumar!

This post has been edited by Erum Hashmi: Oct 10 2008, 12:37 PM

woman is the mirror in which man sees the reflection of his own self, his own dormant and hidden powers of genius when she comes and stands before him
A woman is a meaning to life ! Someone who loves, who cares !

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 10 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Member No.: 7657

grt topic guys
j.p dutta film with sanjay dutt,madhuri and ravina

i want to know abt reena roy's shelved films,how come she was never paired with amitabh bachan..i heard she was offered coolie oppocite him,but she walked out
+Quote Post
nasir
post Oct 10 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5763

QUOTE(Erum Hashmi @ Oct 10 2008, 12:33 PM) *

QUOTE(nasir @ Oct 10 2008, 02:43 AM) *
In the Forties, Mumtaz was introduced in Basant. Devika Rani decided that the name Madhubala would do justice to her ethereal beauty and that’s how Mumtaz turned Madhubala in Devika’s next home production Jwar Bhatta opposite another new comer Dilip Kumar. But that film was shelved.

Nutan in the prime years she refused to work opposite Dilip Kumar. Suraiya was also abandoned a movie with him. I remember the name of one film as Janwar.

Aag Ka Dariya was shelved in the 80’s. Rekha was the leading lady.

In the fifites, DK was supposed to act in Kala Aadmi which was shelved. A picture of the same name appeared with Ashok Kumar some more than a decade later.

There were at least 13 others that were either announced, launched, began shooting but shelved subsequently for a variety of reasons.

Amitabh Bachchan and Dilip Kumar were seen on screen for the first time in Ramesh Sippy's Shakti (1982). But much before Shakti happened, Eagle Films had signed Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Amjad Khan for their new project, which was to be directed by Yash Chopra. However, the project did not materialize subsequently.

Unfortunately, Dilip Kumar's first (not ghost-work) directorial venture Kalinga did not see the light of the day. There was a fallout with Sudhakar Bokade which was blamed for the delay.

In the Eighties, I remember seeing the Dilip Kumar’ picture on the Filmfare magazine and he was to play the title role of Chanakya ��" a B.R. movie. I guess that too got shelved. B.R. Naya Daur starring Madhubala and Dilip Kumar was shelved; but revived with Vyjayantimala.

The actor and director Subhash Ghai have already collaborated in memorable films like Karma, Vidhata and Saudagar. Now they are set to make a fourth film together. But unlike the previous three, which involved high drama and emotion, this will be a lighthearted movie. Ghai intended to complete the shooting of that film in three months, keeping in mind the veteran actor's age and health. We haven’t heard further on this.

His “Homeland” had the line up of Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan. Haven’t heard further on this.

There was another film that Ghai had intended to make starring Dilip Saab and Shah Rukh Khan together but it was shelved due to SRK's back problem.

I also remember there was a film which had DK and Ajay Devgan. Dont remember that Urdu title at the moment. That too got shelved.

Dilip Kumar does not regret his decision, three films that he declined went on to become landmarks in Indian cinema. Mehboob Khan's "Mother India", Guru Dutt's "Pyasa" and Raj Kapoor's "Sangam". He also turned down a role in Lawrence of Arabia which ultimately went to Omar Sharif.

About Dev Anand, his Sajan ki Galiyan opposite Sadhna, and Kahin Aur Chal opposite Asha Parekh did not see the light of the day.

SHIKWAAH was to be made with Nutan & DK! Sajjad Hussain composed some songs with Talat Mahmood for it! smile.gif

ASAR--THE IMPACT

'Baghbaan' was launched by B.R.Chopra in 1991 AB playing the main lead , movie was released in 2003.

Harsh Bhat

BAAGHBAAN was initially being made with Dilip Kumar!

Thank you Erum Hashmiji. Indeed, the shelved movie was SHIKWAH (Complaint) which was to pair Dilip Kumar and Nutan. The scenes of this 1954 movie can be seen in FILM HI FILM (1983) which was an a very interesting commentary on the films and the film-goers.

Also ASR (Impact) was the film announced starring Dilip Kumar and Ajay Devgan.

Yes, Harsh ji, BAAGHBAAN was to initially have Dilip Kumar in the main lead; but that was the idea a long time ago, maybe some 30 years or thereabout.

In the same manner, SANGAM's originally was conceived as GHAROUNDA (Nest or Home).

It's interesting to note that KALINGA's hero was Ayub Khan who was replaced with Sunny Deol.

Though JANWAR was shelved at the instance of Suraiya (the story is very interesting) some other movies of Dilip Kumar that got shelved for one reason or another are:

Bank Manager (Director & Producer RC Talwar)
Taj Mahal (Director & Producer K. Asif)
Akhri Mughal (Director & Producer K. Asif)
Har Singhar (Director Mahesh Kaul l & Producer Allied Art Productions)

NASIR
Teri Khushi me.n Khush Tera banda khidmatgaar hai,
Banda hoo.n mai.n Tera Tuu mera Parwardigaar hai
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 10 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

kalinga was not having ayub khan,sunny was first choice,later a punjabi guy amitoze mann(directer/actor of hawaein,kaafila)..meenakshi seshadari and shilpa shirodkar were also in film..

baghbaan's original cast was dilip kumar and rakhee...even waheeda rehman and nanda were also considered..
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 10 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

plz do include main cast of films too
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Oct 10 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6151

Great thread, very interesting topic smile.gif

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
+Quote Post
Sangeet
post Oct 12 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 6366

QUOTE(jassi @ Oct 10 2008, 01:18 PM) *

grt topic guys
j.p dutta film with sanjay dutt,madhuri and ravina

This film was called Chooriyan. When Sanjay Dutt was jailed, producer of Vijeta bought songs picturized on Sanjay and Raveena from Chooriyan and used it in this film. Song was " Sheri Mein hogaya deewana"

This post has been edited by Sangeet: Oct 12 2008, 08:09 PM

Sangeet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obscure Albums of 60s/70s/80s/90s
Random Obscure Tracks from 70s-90s
Kavita K - Down The Years
Need Info
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 13 2008, 01:20 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

oh i remember that song,sherry was name of our neighbour's puppy
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Oct 14 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

Dharmaan Bhai

Mashal yahan bhi biggrin.gif ....good topic bro. Can you find out if any of these shelved films had/have songs of Rafisaab.

Let me tell you something. Whenver I have gone for trial shows, those films either have being shelved or flopped miserably. I dont know what is this coincidence.

Here are some more shelved films that I saw in trial shows:

1. kali basti - shashi kapoor and Moushmi Chaterjee

2. Ish pyar mohabat - Raj Babar & Smita Patil

3. Mr Pyara - Manisha Koirala's broter debut film

4. Hindustan - Amithabh bachan

5. Tiger - actually released , produced by tony and tito

6. Adawat - Sanjiv Kumar's last incomplete film

I like to congratulate all others who have contributed in this novel thread and even posted the banners of the film......well done.

cheers
ss

This post has been edited by suhana_safar: Oct 14 2008, 08:56 AM

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Oct 14 2008, 08:59 AM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(Dharmaan Khan @ Oct 10 2008, 03:52 AM) *

"As A fan Of Dilip Sahab, after reading the the information above today for the first time, i feel the biggest mistake Yusuf Sahab has made is declining the role of Sherif Ali ibn el Kharish. i honestly feel he would have done a much better job than Omar Sharif.

Bro, even Omar Sharif is my fav actor along with Dilip Saab. Yusuf saab would would have added more flair to the role.
This is an epic film, one of the best.

This post has been edited by suhana_safar: Oct 14 2008, 09:02 AM

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 14 2008, 12:41 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

kali basti was having shatrughan and reena roy..i have no idea if shashi and maushmi were also in it...
+Quote Post
nasir
post Oct 16 2008, 03:10 AM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Oct 14 2008, 08:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Dharmaan Khan @ Oct 10 2008, 03:52 AM) *

"As A fan Of Dilip Sahab, after reading the the information above today for the first time, i feel the biggest mistake Yusuf Sahab has made is declining the role of Sherif Ali ibn el Kharish. i honestly feel he would have done a much better job than Omar Sharif.

Bro, even Omar Sharif is my fav actor along with Dilip Saab. Yusuf saab would would have added more flair to the role.
This is an epic film, one of the best.

Then, my friends, what are your opiniions on Diip Saab passing on the role to Raj Kapoor in ANARI, to Sunil Dutt in MOTHER INDIA, to Guru Dutt in his own film in PYAASA, to Rajendra Kumar in SANGAM?

Regarding MOTHER INDIA, I did read that Dilip Saab wanted to do the roles of both father and son. It was also rumoured that he did not cherish the role of a son of Nargis who had been his leading lady in the past. I also remember having read in the Fifties itself, that Nargis was not in favour of Dilip Kumar. It appears that she had bluntly told Mehboob Khan that if he took Dilip Kumar then he better make FATHER INDIA.

Then, the script of ANARI had first come to Dilip Kumar when he suggested that it be passed on to Raj Kapoor.

Dilip Saab did not do PYAASA since he had already done almost a similar role in DEVDAS. Also, he found the role of Vijay in PYAASA morose.

Regarding the SANGAM role, it seems Raj Kapoopr had given Dilip Saab all freedom and even a share in the profit. But Dilip Saab simply did not accept the role of Gopal (Rajendra Kumar). smile.gif

NASIR
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Oct 16 2008, 03:34 AM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

Pasand apni apni, khayal apna apna..! One can call the role of Vijay in Pyaasa (1957) by any name, but the world has showered praises on this poetry on celluliod and will continue to do so for centuries to come.

It is good luck of Guru Dutt that he went on to do the role of Vijay and the film ROCKS.

Cheers
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
nasir
post Oct 16 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Oct 16 2008, 03:34 AM) *

Pasand apni apni, khayal apna apna..! One can call the role of Vijay in Pyaasa (1957) by any name, but the world has showered praises on this poetry on celluliod and will continue to do so for centuries to come.

It is good luck of Guru Dutt that he went on to do the role of Vijay and the film ROCKS.

Cheers
Parag

Of course PYAASA is one of the finest Black and White movies. But it requires maturity to understand it. When I saw it during its first release at the Minerva Theatre in Bombay, I understood nothing and just carried an impression that it was a boring movie. But when I saw it again during a re-run in my College Days I was just carried away by it. The theme of the story was hard-hitting, the lyrics ascerbic enough to show the reality, music outstanding, and performance by the protagonists wonderful. smile.gif

NASIR
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Oct 17 2008, 07:28 AM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(nasir @ Oct 16 2008, 01:48 AM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Oct 16 2008, 03:34 AM) *

Cheers
Parag

Of course PYAASA is one of the finest Black and White movies. But it requires maturity to understand it. When I saw it during its first release at the Minerva Theatre in Bombay, I understood nothing and just carried an impression that it was a boring movie. But when I saw it again during a re-run in my College Days I was just carried away by it. The theme of the story was hard-hitting, the lyrics ascerbic enough to show the reality, music outstanding, and performance by the protagonists wonderful. smile.gif

Nasir ji,

I am here on HF for more than two years and have very high regards for you about your immense knowledge of HFM and the articulation. Your contribution on Mohd Rafi sahab's forum is un-parallel and will go long way in the history of HF. Based on your comment above, I guess that you are senior to me in age and I have all more respect for you.

Let the bygones be bygones and try to be friendlier to each other. I hope my feelings are taken in the right spirit.

smile.gif

Best Regards
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:49 AM