Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Movies 4 Television

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Movies 4 Television
Pradeep
post Jun 10 2005, 10:21 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1137763.cms

HBO and Hallmark, among other international channels, have been making movies for television exclusively. Now, Sahara One Television is spearheading this trend in India. The channel is releasing Hum Jo Keh Na Paaye starring Anupam Kher, Gauri Karnik and Abhijit Sanyal tonight at 8.30 pm. The other films that will see a release in June are Tum Ho Na starring Jackie Shroff, Ria Sen and Nethra Raghuraman and Pehchaan starring Raveena Tandon, Vinod Khanna and Rati Agnihotri on 17 and 24 respectively. Some industry professionals give their views.

Purnendu Bose, COO, Sahara One Television

* On the move: This is a bold step, which was long overdue in India. Televisions reach has more depth and width in India with 44 million cable and satellite homes.

* On opposition: Any new idea is likely to face resistance, but nothing succeeds like success.

* Outside producers: This is an alternate platform for movie releases that can be equally remunerative. These films may see a theatrical release or we may also explore other platforms like DVDs etc. So far the 13 films lined up are all produced by Sahara and will go on for 3 months. By that time, we hope to attract other producers as well.

* Breaking tradition: We have followed the convention of movie releases on Friday; viewers can enjoy the First Day First Show in the comfort of their home.

Anupam Kher : I was aware that my film would be releasing on Sahara. For an actor, work is work whether it is for television or the big screen. I think this trend will encourage budding filmmakers and will bring in new ideas. The difference will be that the control shifts when it comes to television. The viewer is king, and if he doesn't like what he sees, he can just flip the channel.

Rati Agnihotri : Internationally, lots of well-known channels make movies for television that see a theatrical release later. I think Sahara's initiative is a signal of changing trends in India's entertainment industry.

Taran Adarsh, Trade Analyst : In the West, when a film is made, the studio analyses whether the film is appropriate for a theatrical, DVD or television release. But in India, it has always been theatrically released first. It has never happened that a mainstream producer releases his film on television.

Smita Thackeray, producer Hum Jo Keh Na Paaye : Television viewership is definitely more than theatres and has amazing penetration. In fact, I think that some soaps are more popular than movies today, attracting its own set of loyal viewers. With the kind of promotion from Sahara One, we are bound to reach more viewers through the television release.

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:30 PM