Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

King Khan

, All about the one and only Shahrukh

7 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> King Khan, All about the one and only Shahrukh
Dimple
post Oct 8 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16381

Shah Rukh Khan rules the hearts and minds of the Japanese
07th Oct 2007 22.00 IST
By Agencies

Raj Kapoor 's 'Mera Joota Hai Japani' is now old hat -- it is Shah Rukh Khan who rules the hearts and minds of the Japanese.

The two-day extravaganza 'Namaste India 2007' -- organised in Tokyo last week by the India Center Foundation witnessed hordes of Japanese, mostly girls, flocking the Bollywood stall to purchase audio and video CDs of Indian films and posters of film stars. The first choice by far was the 'Badshah of Bollywood' SRK.

A salesperson at the Bollywood stall said they had sold 'hundreds of t-shirts' carrying 'King' Khan's photograph. Also selling like hotcakes were CDs of films featuring the 'Bollywood Badshah' during the extravaganza held here on September 29 and 30.

But it is not that the Japanese have forgotten the golden oldies -- they fondly remember the hit Hindi film songs of yesteryears including 'Mera Joota Hai Japani' and the lilting classical 'Mohe Panghat pe Nand Lal Chhed Gayo Re' from the timeless Mughal-e-Azam, among others.

The two-day festival aimed at enhancing awareness about India and its culture and sharing India's feelings towards Japan, had several features like Punjabi folk dance,' Bhangra', Indian classical and other folk dances, performances by Mumbai artists on Bollywood dances.

"Shikwa nahin kisise, kisise gila nahin,
Naseeb mein nahin tha jo - humko mila nahin
.."

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Oct 17 2007, 09:26 AM
Post #47

Group Icon

'Chak De India' about women's empowerment: Shah Rukh Khan
17th Oct 2007 09.01 IST
By Agencies

Dismissing the view that his recent hit Chak De India was aimed at promoting the sport of hockey in India, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan said more than sports, it was about woman empowerment.

''Chak De India' is about sports - it could be any sport, be it hockey, cricket, football or chess. However, more than that it is about the empowerment of women, the right of the woman to choose what she wants to do in Indian society. Sports was just a backdrop for the story and that happened to be Hockey,'' SRK told media persons during a visit to the Capital to attend the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit.

SRK said he personally liked sports so they made a film that focused on women's empowerment through the medium of sports.

''The attempt was not to glorify hockey or run down the game of cricket as is being construed from a dialogue in the film 'Hockey mein chakke Nahin Hote' (there are no sixers in hockey). It is just that I like sports and want to encourage all kinds of sports. So our team worked together to make a film that focused on problems faced by women in Indian society through a film made on the backdrop of sports,'' the 'King Khan', as he is popularly known in film circles, said.

Refusing to take any credit for boosting the sport of Hockey in the country through 'Chak de India', SRK said, ''Many people say we won the Asia Cup because of 'Chak De India'. However, I do not think I have done anything for Hockey. On the contrary, I feel we made 'Chak De..' because we play very good hockey. So rather than attributing motives, we should just look at the fact that it is a film about sports - it could be any sport - and women's empowerment and just enjoy whichever team wins.''

SRK said he believes that the first and foremost purpose of any film was to entertain and in the process, if the message comes out well its good.

At the same time, he admitted that as a producer, whose next film will be Om Shanti Om , his endeavour was that ''my film says good things''.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Oct 19 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #48

Group Icon

'Chak De India' wins Best Film award in Sydney
19th Oct 2007 09.01 IST
By Agencies

The Shah Rukh Khan starrer mega hit Chak De India has won the Best Film Award at the 5th Australian Indian Film Festival gala night in Sydney Thursday.

The Shimit Amin directed film – a gritty tale of Indian women hockey players that also starred 90 Australian players and over 9,000 Australian extras – has also won applause from audiences and critics alike in India.

Akshaye Khanna received the Best Performance Award for his role in Gandhi My Father at the glittering ceremony hosted for the first time at the Museum of Contemporary Arts, situated on the Harbour foreshore overlooking the iconic Opera House.

The awards were chosen by an esteemed group of Australian film critics, including Peter Thompson (Showtime), Margaret Pomeranz (ABC TV At The Movies), Nell Schofield (Channel 9 Sunday Show), Marc Fennell (Triple J), Adrienne McKibbons (Metro Magazine) and Ian Taylor (ABC TV).

The Sydney festival, which has writer and director Yash Chopra as its patron, is attended by over 40,000 people each year.

This year's screenings include Cheeni Kum , Dhoom 2 , Eklavya , The Namesake and Laaga Chunari Mein Daag .

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Oct 19 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

By IndiaFM News Bureau, October 19, 2007 - 12:08 IST

Shimit Amin’s Chak De India has won the ‘Best Film Award’ while Akshaye Khanna received the ‘Best Performance Award’ for his sensitive role in Gandhi My Father 5th Australian Indian Film Festival. For starters, Chak De India, which was shot in Australia, is a feel good hockey film shot in Melbourne and Sydney starring 90 Australian hockey players and over 9000 Australian extras. While Akshaye’s role of Harilal (Gandhi’s son) in Gandhi My Father, has been recently been accepted into competition at the Tokyo International Film Festival and also finds itself in competition for Best Screenplay at the inaugural Asia Pacific Screen Awards.

The awards function was held at the Museum of Contemporary Art and was attended by Chak De India’s Shimit Amin, Sagarika Ghatge and Tanya Abrol, and also Gandhi My Father’s team of director Feroz Khan and Akshaye Khanna.

Australian film critic, Peter Thompson hosted the ceremony, with the Australian actress Isabel Lucas presenting the Best Performance Award while Ian Chappell, Special Representative, Australia for UNHCR, announced the award for Best Film.

The awards were chosen by a respected group of Australian film critics including Peter Thompson (Showtime), Margaret Pomeranz (ABC TV at the Movies), Nell Schofield (Channel 9 Sunday Show), Marc Fennell (Triple J), Adrienne McKibbons (Metro Magazine) and Ian Taylor (ABC TV).

It is indeed a matter of pride for India that the festival has an advisory board comprising of advisory board comprising of Ronnie Screwvala (UTV Group), Sanjeev Kohli (Yash Raj Films), Simi Garewal and Natalie Miller (Sharmill Films), and Yash Chopra as the festival’s patron.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Oct 20 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

Member No.: 75253

Kinng & King cornered
By: Upala KBRDate: 2008-10-20
India:
At star designer Shabina Khan's birthday bash held recently at Olive, Bandra, all eyes were on Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar who were seen bonding in one corner for over an hour.

This is interesting, given that Akki has been making digs at SRK in his last few interviews. The guests were surprised to see the two actors engrossed in a deep conversation for long.

Khuli dushmani

Akshay and SRK are both fierce competitors. The only man who can threaten SRK's position is the Khiladi. This year with the 'Singh' delivering the maximum hits was pitted against the 'King' and the usually politically-correct Akshay made statements about dogs (remember Aamir's blog) and knights (Kolkata Knight Riders). Although SRK never reacted to those statements, the animosity was out in the open. Following which, both avoided each other at filmi dos and social events.

An eye-witness from the party says, "The two actors haven't come face-to-face in a long time, so they haven't had a chance to sort things out. But that changed at the party. They talked at length and realised that some mischief makers were at work. It was mostly SRK who was doing the talking and Akki listening. The discussion was also of misunderstandings being deliberately created between both. Then they discussed the possibility of doing a film together. SRK invited Khiladi Kumar for an evening of games at his home, Mannat. An invitation to the Khan residence is a sign of acceptance in his close group."

The source continues, "When curious guests wanted to find out what the two actors talked about, SRK got irritated. Don't be surprised if they produce a film together and star in it. It will be the hottest project even before it goes on the floors."

Both the actors were unavailable for comment.

Don't let someone become a priority in your life,
when you are just an option in their life
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Oct 20 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

This piece of news will not sound good to Shahrukh Khan's fans. But it is a fact and we all have to accept it any way. It is reported that King Khan will bid goodbye to films in three years. He is planning to move to Dubai and his wife Gauri has already started planning for a new Mannat in Dubai. Mannat is very dear to SRK and he is emotionally attached to his abode. With an aim to feel the same pleasure, he has given the task of designing a replica of Mannat in Dubai to Gauri as he has made up his mind to leave film and get into production and building housing complexes.

Says a source, "Shah Rukh knows that his time in Bollywood as an actor is limited. An actor can only go on for so long and with the kind of roles he plays ā€“ young romantics ā€“ then he will not be able to do that for any longer. He is already getting old. Shah Rukh hopes to retire from films within the next 3-4 years after which he will concentrate on production business. Shah Rukh will not make a complete exit from acting but intends to star in at least one film per year, but this will be for his own banner and the role will be of a supporting actor."

The source continues, "Shah Rukh has already started looking ā€“ and it has just been announced ā€“ for land in Dubai where he intends to build housing and shopping complexes."

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Oct 20 2008, 10:54 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

Just three days remaining for the ā€˜Temptationsā€™ to kick-off, and actor King Khanā€™s tour is already in a big trouble as various organizers have pulled out from the show at the last minute. Shahrukh was to tour Germanyā€™s three cities, Berlin, Munich and Frankfurt starting October 18th, but the actor was in a shock when the company ā€˜Sensasian Mediaā€™ backed out of the tour.

Bollywood actresses Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif were all set to tour, and Arjun Rampal too was on board for the world tour, but little did the stars know that the ā€˜recessionā€™ would hit their show as well. While the German sponsorer has pulled out his support, the Spain sponsorers are still keen on having the show, but it makes no economic sense to take the stars all the way to Spain for just a single show, so that has been cancelled as well.

Shahrukh and his tour will however, be performing in Dubai later this month. The cancellation of the shows at the last minute has put Shahrukhā€™s reputation at risk, and the star is quite upset with the Moranis Brothers, who were assigned the task of promoting the show.

So looks like for now, the Mumbai to Dubai will be the only ā€˜Temptationā€™ trip; not sure if this would be a very ā€˜Temptingā€™ proposition for the stars.
Source: IANS

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Oct 21 2008, 09:55 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

SRK's apology
IndiaGlitz [Monday, October 20, 2008]

The Temptation world tour of Shah Rukh Khan in 2005 was a grand success.

However the Temptation Reloaded Tour which started off brilliantly this June in Rotterdam in Holland has run into rough roads after the shows to be conducted in Berlin on last Friday, followed by concerts in Munich on Saturday and in Frankfurt on Sunday were canceled leaving thousands of King Khan's die hard European fans disappointed.

This is for the first time international concerts of Shah Rukh Khan who undoubtedly is the biggest international Bollywood star and biggest crowd puller are being canceled.

The Bollywood Superstar on Friday apologized to all the people who had already bought the tickets and were waiting to catch a glimpse of their favourite Indian movie icon.

SRK said that he want to thank all the fans from the bottom of his heart for making him such a big star and that he is extremely sorry that he could not live up to the promise that was given to the people of Germany which has one of the largest congregation of his stardom.

He also said that he has previously done shows in every part of the world from South East Asia, UK, Africa, Americas and Europe but never had experienced a bad luck to cancel a tour in the last moment.

For the people of Germany, SRK let it be known that for the last five or six years one of his biggest desires as an entertainer has been to perform in Germany due to the reason that in spite of the country's citizens not knowing Hindi and also not belonging to the Indian culture has given him enough reasons to believe that he is an international star.

Talking about the reasons why the three shows in Europe were cancelled, Shah Rukh said that as the leader of the pack and because of his age and reputation, he is immensely responsible to the people who love him and come to watch him.

One reason is that he needs to give all the viewers the best possible quality entertainment along with his team and the second reason is that he has to provide his team with the best of comforts, the best methods of execution and the best atmosphere for work.

SRK said that because he felt he will not be able to carry out both these responsibilities in the way he desired, the three shows were done away with.

Sensasian Media Limited, which is the promoter of these three shows breach of contract and not fulfilling their obligations in due time is the main reason why the shows were canceled.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Oct 27 2008, 01:59 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Your appearance at the Drona premiere was termed as an olive branch.
I will tell you why I went to the premiere. Firstly, it is an Eros film, I went for Kishore (Lulla) it was his first premiere. Secondly, Abhishek is very fond of me, and he called to invite me. Thirdly, I'd missed Priyanka's last premiere (Love Story 2050), which was very important to her. I am sure this was also very important, so I went. I don't normally go to premieres. Also, they said please bring the kids and they were very keen to see it.
It was their first premiere. I wanted them all to be dressed in black and know what a premiere is all about. They were excited; they enjoyed it. They are very fond of Abhishek. Initially, I had said I wouldn't make it as I was shooting. But then, the strike happened and I was told I was not going to shoot the next day, so I said 'why not'. A lot of friends were going. Later, we'd call them home and sit down, chat and make an evening of it.

Goldie wants to dedicate Drona's sequel to Aryan...
I asked him how much would he'd give Drona out of 10. He said six-and-a-half or seven. Which is quite nice. I have not had the chance to talk to Goldie and Abhishek but I would tell them that they only went wrong in the narrative, which became a little lost in the visual effects; it is a mistake that all of us can do easily. It's very important for films like Krissh, Drona, LS 2050 to come out. It's a new genre and will take time to find its place but I want to get into that genre and make films like that and it's important for us to learn from this.

You are making your own superhero film shortly
Yes, I'm making Ravan with Anubhav Sinha. And if Mani is using the title, I will change it. I like the title.

Actually, the film is more about the villain. I am not playing the villain. I am going to keep the story very simple but hopefully, create an interesting villain. I have three to four people in mind. A superhero should be incidental.
A superhero is no-one without a super-villain. I'm working on the super villain and then I'll play the superhero. I want to play a superhero before I grow too old, and the wrinkles start showing and my six pack goes. I will consciously try not to get carried away by the vfx but by the content.

The villain? It will be like an established hero?
I am not taking a hero to play a villain. It's not like Dhoom. I might take a new person.

You and Akshay spent an hour talking at a recent party. Co-production on the anvil?
Akki and I go back a long way. We are both very simple, basic people. We know each other before a lot of people who know us now.We have done a lot of shows together. We did Dil Toh Paagal Hai together for just two days but know each other very well. He has a great sense of humour like me. We have fun things to talk about. Akshay doesn't attend too many parties nor do we don't attend many common parties. So when I met him, I just wanted to sit down and chat with him about a few things... work, also. Not a co-production; but yes, we talked about some shows. It's been a long time since we worked together, so we were discussing possibilities. We had great fun doing the Awesome Foursome shows, and they were the biggest hits before Temptation. And it worked because of the energy we all bring to the table. Not a co-production, but we'll try and do some work together. It will be nice if we can.

While on his world tour, Mr Bachchan blogged about some big star trying to sabotage his shows...
I do shows once in three years. It has been four years since I did Temptation. We were planning shows and I got busy with IPL. Then I heard about Mr Bachchan doing the shows, and I am very clear about this if one big show is going international, the other one should not even come along at the same time. It divides. Shows are a very difficult business. I told the Moranis very clearly that we are not doing a show at the same time as The Unforget-tables. Promoters still come, sir aap bolo toh hum yeh karenge, woh wala nahin karenge, humko choice do. I said 'there's no choice.' I assume that when I am doing a big show, a lot of people will also think like that. It is like releasing a film on the same day.

So you are not that big star sabotaging their show?
Let me tell you something my dad used to tell me. There was a robin and an eagle living in a jungle. Lightning struck and the robin's nest was burned down. The eagle was a good friend of the robin and wanted to break the bad news to him but didn't how to do so. The robin told him: Giri thi kal jahaan bijli woh mera aashiyaan kyun? Which means don't be uncomfortable, if something bad has happened, it doesn't mean it's about me.

When somebody writes a blog or an article, I think like the robin. That's its not about me. If someone mentions a big star, I'm not the only big star. If it was written 'the biggest star', maybe. That is me. But a big star could be anyone. I wouldn't in my wildest dreams assume that Mr Bachchan would say something like that. I wouldn't react to it because it's not about me.

So where do you think it was coming from?
A lot of people say a lot of things. I have somehow have not formed an equation with Wizcraft (the organisers of The Unforgettables), I have it with the Moranis. I find a three-day IIFA festival too long to attend. When they've said fly-in, fly-out, I have done it. Once my family forced me, because they wanted to party in Amsterdam. I went for three days and I was like (growls) 'Arrrgh, don't waste my time'. You're giving me an award, I'll come and take it. You want me to perform, I will come and perform but please... I fly in and fly out.

Teen din mujh ko aaiyashi karne ka shauk nahin hai, aur mujhe yeh samajh mein bhi nahin aata.

So it's your way or...
In life, I am very clear. Na main kisi ko undercut karta hoon, na kar sakta hoon. Na karne ki koshish karta hoon.

I've always maintained this. My work is the best work. To take it ahead, I will work on it positively. To take it ahead, I won't work negatively for someone else. I have said very clearly, I am emotionally unavailable for a lot of people, so a lot of people assume a lot of things and call me names like matlabi and manipulative. I have two beautiful innocent children and would teach them anything wrong. Tomorrow when they are 21 and they say, 'Papa, you're a very successful man', I want to be able to tell them 'Yes, and I did it with full honesty, integrity, goodness and a competitive spirit in the healthiest way.' I am quite a self-made man. I have never asked anyone for anything. I have never given anything to anyone. I truly adhere to that, and I am happy that way. People assume I will give a little more. I have Barry John talk about me to people. I am sorry I am emotionally unavailable to a lot of things and people.

Star prices shot up after big corporates stepped in. But that's changing now. Has that affected you?
I don't sign up with corporates. I sign films with directors. My price is very low. I have kept it like that. I don't want to say what I charge as it will destroy everyone. I have never asked for more, if someone gives me more, God bless them. If they give me less, okay. I will only do a film that I want to do. I am priceless. I cannot be bought with money. It's for the viability of a film, it's not economics. I have still not understood this even though I make films. As a producer, people ask me for a lot of money, and I give it to them. And rightly so, they want it. And we want them, so we pay them what they want. I hate talking money, but let me just say that whatever is being claimed, I have got ƂĀ¼th so far. And when I say ƂĀ¼th, I mean compared to 20, and not 60, 70. (laughs). I am a limited edition star, you can't afford me but you can deserve me.

Are you planning to take Red Chillies public?
No. I am anti-public. I want to own my business.

How has the ban on smoking in public places affected you? Have you cut down on smoking?
No, I have just stopped going to public places. That's one way to beat it (laughs). So everyone comes to my house. And I have shot three ads in my house recently. They come and shoot here and we smoke here.

You're kidding, right?
Yes. I was busy... time constraints and all. They didn't get a floor, we shot in the house. We have enough place. I think the ban's a great thing. But to be really honest, I can smoke anywhere, I am Shah Rukh Khan.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Nov 12 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi ā€“ Movie Preview and Slideshow
By ApunKaChoice 11th Nov 2008 20.30 IST

There is an extraordinary love story in every ordinary jodi! And one such ordinary jodi is that of Surinder Sahni and Taani in ā€˜Rab Ne Bana Di Jodiā€™.

Donā€™t miss the filmā€™s slideshow (story in pictures) at Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi .

The movie, a love story, is directed by Aditya Chopra who is returning to direction after eight years since Mohabbatein .

Shahrukh Khan , who has worked in the two previous flicks Aditya Chopra has directed (including Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge ), once again plays the lead role.

The female lead is played by a newcomer named Anushka Sharma .

Synopsis:

Have you ever stopped to think if the most ordinary, uninteresting, unobtrusive man you might see on the road or around you might have a love story to tell?

Maybe not! How can an ordinary man have a breathtaking, ā€˜goose flesh-ignitingā€™, awe inspiring love story of all things to tell?

But guess what - love does not differentiate between the ordinary and exceptional, the uninteresting and interesting, the unattractive and attractive. Because love knows no distinction. Love can happen to anyone and once it does it engulfs us into it completely and gives us those miraculous experiences that only love can yield.

This is what happened to Surinder Sahni (Shahrukh Khan), a simple, clean-hearted, honest man working for Punjab Power. Surinder is leading a humdrum life when he meets his total opposite and finds love in the flamboyant, fun-loving and vivacious Taani (Anushka).

For Taani the whole world is her canvas and she paints her own life with colors of rainbow. But then, unforeseen circumstances change it all. They separate them and bring them together.

What follows is a journey filled with laughter, tears, joy, pain, music, dance and a lot of love.

ā€˜Rab Ne Bana Di Jodiā€™ tells a story that makes us believe that there is an extraordinary love story in every ordinary jodi!

The movie has both SRK and Anushka in two different get-ups. The first one is an ordinary look in which SRK wears loose pants and shirts and has his hair oiled and combed to one side. Second is a dude look with spikey hair and clean-shaven face.

SRK says the two different characters he plays in the movie are inspired from real people who participated in his show ā€˜Kya Aap Panchvi Pass Se Tez Haiā€™.

In fact, according to grapevine, in the second half of the movie, SRK turns from a boring guy to a handsome dude who participates with Anushka in a dance competition and wins her love.

Anushka, too, has two makeovers in the film. She dresses up traditionally in salwar-kameez for one part of the film. In another part, she dons designer dresses.

The music of ā€˜Rab Ne Bana Di Jodiā€™ is given by Salim-Sulaiman. The lyrics are by Jaideep Sahni.

Made under the banner of Yashraj Films , Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi is set to hit the theatres on December 12.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Nov 12 2008, 09:58 AM
Post #56

Group Icon

I'm a schizo on the loose: Shah Rukh
11 Nov 2008, 0000 hrs IST, MARK MANUEL , TNN

Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:

Itā€™s close to midnight at Mannat. Shah Rukh Khan (TOI Photo) More Pics

And Shah Rukh Khan, having put the kids to bed and packed off the last of his visitors, is in conversation with me over coffee and cigarettes. Heā€™s most at home in low-slung jeans from under which his briefs boldly peep, a loose tee and sneakers. But then he is at home! And we are in his living room.

Gauri Khanā€™s living room, actually, whose size, furniture, colour, lights and other trappings are so amazingly spectacular, they take the breath away. Shah Rukh and the kids are not allowed to run wild in here. ā€œBut when Gauriā€™s not around, we do everything, we even let the dog pee,ā€ he says, eyes crinkling in mischief and the mouth twisting in that famous lop-sided grin.

At this hour, heā€™s wide awake and sharp as a whip. Somewhere in the house, his trainer Prashant is asleep. When he feels like it, even if it is 2 am, Shah Rukh will wake him up and workout for 35 minutes. ā€œI like to sweat,ā€ he tells me. ā€œI train non-stop, thereā€™s no rest break, no music, this is not rocket science ā€” I just do a circuit of exercises, then have a bath and eat some food.ā€

But we arenā€™t talking workouts, nor films, not even Salman Khan. We are talking about Shah Rukh himself. He surprises me by saying, ā€œIā€™m a schizo on the loose. Iā€™m two people, Shah Rukh 1 and 2. One works for the other. The guy Iā€™m working for is hugely successful ā€” but heā€™s not me. People say I play Shah Rukh Khan. My roles are a means to an end. Not true. My work defines me. But I have no identity of my own. My identity is that of my employer who is employed by the audience.ā€

This is the same actor, the story goes, who manipulates people and controls Bollywood. ā€œControl is a strong word,ā€ Shah Rukh protests, ā€œI donā€™t have power, though Iā€™m listed on the power list along with Mukeshbhai and Laxmi Mittal. Yet, because Iā€™m a giver, Iā€™m able to draw a lot of people on my side. Greatness and goodness lies in giving. I like to believe that a lot of people come on board because they want to do things for me. Theyā€™re givers, too. I donā€™t have to ask people to join me. So if I control Bollywood, it is by giving ā€” not taking, nobody gives to a taker. Iā€™m giving, these people are giving, somewhere there is a symbiotic relationship. But, I think, your idea of ā€˜controlā€™ is me picking up the phone and saying, ā€˜Bhai, mera picture ka sab show full jana chahiye,ā€™ right?ā€

I dodge the question by asking, at 43, how many years of good cinema heā€™s got left. Poker faced, he replies, ā€œEighty-seven! I believe that physically, emotionally, and cinematically Iā€™m unbreakable. Time is a measure of frailty. And good cinema is like good thoughts... not bound by anything. Acting canā€™t be written about, talked, discussed, analysed, because 90 per cent of the words used to describe acting are expressionless. Youā€™ve got to feel acting. Thatā€™s what I do. Iā€™ve stopped giving time to myself. The last 20 years have been my best period. I run my own race. If you run long enough, you can beat the rest, because this race is of length... not time. I enjoy making films. But Iā€™m not attached to their success or failure. In fact, Iā€™m detached from my films. Once theyā€™re made ā€” I let go. Films are mini life. By Friday night, Iā€™m already moving on. My directors get disturbed!ā€

He never even sees his own films, at least not with the thought of enjoying them, nor anybody elseā€™s either... unless itā€™s important to them. Ditto the family. ā€œGauri and I have brought up our kids to think their Dadā€™s films are nothing special,ā€ reveals Shah Rukh. ā€œAnd that, in life, itā€™s not special to be special, but itā€™s special to be ordinary. My films are all about that. I show the inside of a good outside hero. You know, the Clark Kent behind Superman. If he were to fly and save the world would you think less of him because he isnā€™t cool and doesnā€™t wear tights? My lifeā€™s like that. I may live like a king, but Iā€™m ordinary in my beliefs, Iā€™m simple, ugly and boring... yet Iā€™m happy to be me.ā€

And, why not, which ordinary man romances the sexiest heroines on screen? ā€œSo what,ā€ Shah Rukh asks, ā€œI love them all, I share close relationships with them, but I donā€™t kiss them on screen, and I donā€™t have sex with them off screen. Iā€™m somewhat conventional. I donā€™t think sex outside is bad. But I have a beautiful wife at home. I think real men are those that respect women; those that make no external show of their manhood; those that are gentle and kind... itā€™s okay to be dandy and look pansy instead of trying to be macho; and, those that open doors for women. If you can be charming, laugh, and donā€™t let them feel all you want to do is get them in bed... the girls will love you. Iā€™m a ladies man. Iā€™m okay with talk of my being gay and bisexual. Iā€™m man enough to be in touch with my sensitive side. I can be happy and still cry. I donā€™t need to prove Iā€™m heterosexual. Except to my son... when I show him I still have the six-pack.ā€

Heā€™s opening up now, but itā€™s late. He steps outdoors to see me off. ā€œI go to the rooftop and pray to the stars,ā€ he says, surprising me for the second time that night. ā€œTwo of the stars are my parents. But I pray for simple things. That my son does well in his tae-kwon-do championship. And that my daughter is happy with her painting. I tell my mom, ā€˜Where youā€™ve gone, you can put yourself to some good use.ā€™ There has to be some kind of trade-off for the loss of my parents. But I also read the Quran, I pray in Arabic, English, Hindi hoping that God is multi-lingual and understands at least one of my prayers. Gauri recites the Gayatri Mantra. Our kids do both. This house is amazing. My daughter asks, ā€˜Are we Pathans or Punjabis?ā€™ I confuse them by saying, ā€˜We are Christians!ā€™ā€™ā€™

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Nov 14 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Mumbai: Though Shah Rukh Khan has yet to start doing the rounds to publicize his latest Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, the actor was spotted in Mumbai doing his bit as a brand ambassador for a leading car company.

The actor did more than just say the usual practised lines as he went on to donate a car for charity at the event.

He sure holds the key to success. Be it Bollywood or brand endorsements, King Khan, who's been out of sight for quite a while now showed up to gift a car to an NGO in a bid to celebrate the motor company's fastest Rs 20 lakh roll out.

Shah Rukh Khan says, ā€œPeople call me ambassador, face of the brands, that's from the outside, Hyundai is family to me, we have grown together.ā€

In these times of recession, SRK isn't really worried about whether the masses can really afford the products he endorses.

Shah Rukh says, ā€œI truly believe that as an actor ambassador that most of the brands I'm associated to are middle class oriented , I bring hope to the middle class.ā€

Though we've seen the geekier version of SRK, in the Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi fans are still waiting to see the younger and hip version of SRK from the film who, if rumour is to be believed, is a hot shot dancer as well.

ā€œI do dance in the film three to four times , but if you ask me of being a professional dancer , then no, I have a left feet. This pappu canā€™t dance sala, quips Shah Rukh.

So till the film releases this December, it's just brand SRK we'll have to live with.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Nov 18 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #58

Group Icon

Finally, Shahrukh Khan mil gaya
By ApunKaChoice 17th Nov 2008 21.30 IST

At last, the stalled movie Dulha Mil Gaya is set to roll again, thanks to Shahrukh Khan whoā€™ll soon shoot for his guest appearance in the movie.

The film, starring Sushmita Sen and Fardeen Khan , is being directed by Viveck Vaswani whoā€™s a close friend of SRK. In fact, when Vaswani first tipped the idea to SRK about making a guest appearance in ā€˜Dulha Mil Gayaā€™, the superstar agreed without even demanding to read the script or go into details about his role. On top of it, SRK decided to do the guest appearance for free.

But things didnā€™t go as smooth as anticipated. Reports had it that SRK backed out of the project when his turn to shoot came. Some media report even painted the image of SRK as a ā€œmean and manipulativeā€ man whoā€™s got a whole movie stuck.

The truth, however, is far from it.

Speaking to a tabloid, SRK says the film hasnā€™t been delayed because of him. SRK reveals that when he was approached for the movie he was told that he would have a guest role that would require him to shoot for 5-6 days.

However, as the film progressed SRKā€™s role was extended and he was asked to spare 18-20 days for the shoot. This miffed SRK. For his own home production Billoo Barber , the actor has shot for not more than 20 days (after extending his songs), then how could he shoot for the same period for another film that claimed to have him in guest appearance. Perhaps, Vaswani wanted to present ā€˜Dulha Mil Gayaā€™ as a SRK film.

It was because of this reason, SRK says, he hasnā€™t been able to shoot ā€˜Dulha Mil Gayaā€™.

However, now the matter seems to have been resolved. Director Viveck Vaswani has reworked on the script and reduced SRKā€™s role considerably. The superstar is now required to shoot for 5-6 days. SRK says he will shoot the film soon.

Finally, after much wait Vaswani can now say: Shahrukh mil gaya.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Nov 24 2008, 11:59 AM
Post #59

Group Icon

Itā€™s a title bout for Shah Rukh
Agencies
Sunday, November 23, 2008 23:59 IST
Is it because of the controversy? Shah Rukh Khan

Shah Rukh Khan says he canā€™t go to Malaysia to accept the state honour as he is too busy

After the controversy that it spawned, Shah Rukh Khan has carefully avoided receiving the Datuk title, the traditional Malaysian title akin to British knighthood, citing that his schedule is too busy for him to come and accept the award in person.

As of now, the star might not be there but he might be still sent the award. State Chief Minister Mohammed Ali Rustam said he had received information about the postponement but refused to comment on the matter.

ā€œI understand it has been postponed. For any details, you will have to ask the state secretary,ā€ he told reporters. State Secretary Wira Omar Kaseh, who was appointed to make arrangements for the actorā€™s visit here, could not be reached for comment.

After the award was announced on October 11, there was a furore among certain sections of Malaysians on why Shah Rukh, an ā€œoutsiderā€, was being conferred upon that title when there were Malaysians to choose from. That is the reason it is being rumoured as why Shah Rukh decided to decline the offer.

While the government saw the award as a public relations feat, sections of public felt that this was being done at the cost of local talent. Shah Rukh was among the 77 recipients of the title this year.

The idea to confer the award on the Indian actor was mooted by former finance minister of Malaysia, Daim Zainuddin with the chief minister defending the move. The Malaysian government later gave a statement that the move at giving Shah Rukh Khan the award was aimed at opening the door for more Bollywood movies to be shot in Malaysiaā€™s Malacca state.

The award was supposed to be conferred on Shah Rukh on November 29. Last bid attempts are still on to ensure that the star at least receives the award if not in person.
Shah Rukh is immensely popular among Malaysians was conferred the Darjah Mulia Seri Melaka (DMSM) which carries the title Datuk, on the occasion of the 70th birthday of Malaccaā€™s Yang di-Pertua Negri (governor), Tun Mohd Khalil Yaakob last month.

Indian films are popular in Malaysia that has an estimated 2.6 million ethnic Indians. A bulk of them are Tamils and films in Tamil are regularly released in theatres and on TV.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Dec 3 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Mumbai mayhem left Shah Rukh 'speechless'
PTI
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 19:44 IST
Digg it
Add to del.icio.us
Google bookmarks
Yahoo! bookmarks
Add to Newsvine
Add to Reddit

NEW DELHI: Actor Shah Rukh Khan says he was mum all this time on the Mumbai terror attacks as he had "no words" to express his feelings which were mixed with anger, disbelief and sadness.

"I've tried to keep away from commenting on this as there are no words to express a situation like this because our feelings are mixed with anger, disbelief and sadness," the Bollywood 'badshah' said.

"Being a Muslim myself, I believe youngsters need to understand Islam and respect the religion in the right way. It's such a huge waste and my appeal to all in these times and in recent years (sic) is that please can we run what we want in terms of politics, government, jobs and teaching our children with the prime motive of taking communalism out of it," Shah Rukh told BBC Asia Network in an interview to be telecast this Saturday.

"The religion our children are born with should be something they practice as a discipline and work should be developed as the new religion. I think no agenda should be attached to any kind of religion," Shah Rukh says.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 11:37 PM