Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

My World Xi

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My World Xi
tracknest
post Oct 30 2005, 10:33 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3031

I was not happy with the selection of the World X1 teams much before they played. I thought the selection as based more on the high profile of the players rather their current form and their past record against Australia.

My world XI would be from the following 14:

FOR ONE DAY

1.STEPHEN FLEMMING (CAPTAIN)
2.TENDULKAR
3.SEWAG
4.JAYASURIYA
5.NATHAN ASTLE
6.YUVRAJ SIGH
7.FLINTOFF
8.AFRIDI
9.ABDUL RAZAQ
10.SANGAKARA
11.CHAMINDA VAAS
12.MURLITHARAN
13.HARBAJAN SINGH
14.NAVED RANA

FOR TESTS

1.MICHAEL VAUGHN (CAPTAIN)
2.SEWAG
3.MARVAN ATTAPATU
4.TENDULKAR
5.YOUHANNA
6.KALLIS
7.BRIAN LARA
8.SANGAKARA
9.FLINTOFF
10.HARBAJAN
11.MURLITHARAN
12.SHANE BOND
13.IRFAN PATHAN
14.DRAVID

IF WISHES WERE HORSES THEN BEGGARS WOULD RIDE
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Oct 30 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Cricket is sooooo boring. Can we not talk of Football? Milan utterly annihilated Juventus last night. Did any1 watch the destruction?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
tahir77
post Oct 31 2005, 06:28 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2689

Hey tracknest where is shoaib akhter or inzaman fight.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Oct 31 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 568

Test:

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Marvan Atapattu (Capt)
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Brian Lara
5. Inzamam ul Haq
6. Kumar Sangakarra (WK)
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Anil Kumble
9. Shoaib Akhtar
10. Stephen Harmison
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

12th Man: Jacques Kallis

ODI:

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Sanath Jayasuriya
3. Kumar Sangakarra (WK)
4. Brian Lara
5. Inzamam Ul Haq (Capt)
6. Shahid Afridi
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Abdur Razzaq
9. Shane Bond
10. Shoaib Akhtar
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

12th Man: Nathan Astle
+Quote Post
NATURE
post Nov 1 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2238

YAARMERE JI, I too love Football. Tennis also. May we create some Topic regarding Football as
There are already some for Cricket and Tennis ... U start 1 ... I will be coming , ok ?
------------
So U all r giving yr choice for World-XI Team ? Hmmmmm ...

Jo Milte hain, voh nahi milte
Aur Jo Nahi Milte, Vohin Vaastav mein milte hai
Kaaran jo hai, voh nahi hai
Aur jo nahi hai, vohin hai.
Ye keval Shabdo ki heraa-pheri nahi hai
Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
Aur isi hone naa hone, milne naa milne ke beech mein
maayaa kaa samudra hai
+Quote Post
tracknest
post Nov 1 2005, 03:42 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(tahir77 @ Oct 31 2005, 06:28 AM) *

I think they are in Pakistan....just joking. Not having Tendular in the team is simply ludicrous. No World X1 can be complete without him an opinion aired by many cricketing legends.

I cant pick Shoaib on current form and fitness. What if he bowls few overs and has an injury.

I believe Inzamam is past his prime. His running between the wickets is less than satisfactory and his record against Australia is not so good.

I have played cricket for many years and IMO the subcontinent produces probably the most talented players. Shoaib has great talent but he is not consistent. Inzaman could have had more runs in his career if he could have worked on his running and fitness.

Australia has become world beaters beacause they work hard on all aspects of the game. The worrying part is that they also have some wonderful talent. They have produced the best of pace bowlers and the greatest spinner of all time and probably the greatest wicket keeper batsmen of all time.

Indian, Pakistani's and Srilankan cricketers need to get consistent and fit to do justice to their unique talents.

+Quote Post
Anil4
post Nov 1 2005, 04:03 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 64

probably the greatest wicket keeper batsmen of all time.

Well I'm hoping that Mahendra Dhoni will continue to perform, like he did yesterday !!!!!!!!

Anil
+Quote Post
tracknest
post Nov 1 2005, 04:39 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Nov 1 2005, 04:03 AM) *

Well I'm hoping that Mahendra Dhoni will continue to perform, like he did yesterday !!!!!!!!

Anil

Yes Brigu, thats what i am talking about "CONSISTENCY". What an innings...Clap

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Nov 1 2005, 05:54 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(NATURE @ Oct 31 2005, 08:39 PM) *

YAARMERE JI, I too love Football. May we create some Topic

We may indeed young sir, we may indeed. Let's. Call it "The Beautiful Game". Nature yaar.

You into footie also? Cool! Which team do you follow?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
princeali
post Nov 1 2005, 07:29 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

QUOTE(tracknest @ Oct 31 2005, 05:12 PM) *

I think they are in Pakistan....just joking. Not having Tendular in the team is simply ludicrous. No World X1 can be complete without him an opinion aired by many cricketing legends.

I cant pick Shoaib on current form and fitness. What if he bowls few overs and has an injury.

I believe Inzamam is past his prime. His running between the wickets is less than satisfactory and his record against Australia is not so good.

I have played cricket for many years and IMO the subcontinent produces probably the most talented players. Shoaib has great talent but he is not consistent. Inzaman could have had more runs in his career if he could have worked on his running and fitness.

Australia has become world beaters beacause they work hard on all aspects of the game. The worrying part is that they also have some wonderful talent. They have produced the best of pace bowlers and the greatest spinner of all time and probably the greatest wicket keeper batsmen of all time.

Indian, Pakistani's and Srilankan cricketers need to get consistent and fit to do justice to their unique talents.

It doesn't matter if Inzi's record against Australia isn't that great, he is a world class player. You don't have to have a good record against Australia to be considered one of the best, it should be consistent performances, winning matches for your country, class, technique, temperament, ability to adapt to any conditions (or most conditions) in the world that that determines a world class player. Inzi fits the bill in all these categories. True his running between the wickets is what has always held him back but I would take him any day in my team. He is by far the best player of pace bowling in the world today, better than Tendulkar in this category. He still has a few years of cricket left in him and is still a world beater.

Agreed, the fitness levels of the Asian teams is not as great as the Australians or for that matter even the South Africans. India has slightly improved over the past year and so have Sri Lanka and Pakistan but this has to be consistent as you mentioned.

I feel Dravid is as good as Tendulkar in technique if not better. He is one man along with Inzi that I would also take in my World XI any day.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
princeali
post Nov 1 2005, 07:31 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bhirgu @ Oct 31 2005, 05:33 PM) *

Anil

What a beautiful knock that was, I stayed up and watched it through the morning. Sri Lanka put up an excellent competitive score but Dhoni took the match away.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
tracknest
post Nov 1 2005, 07:55 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE(princeali @ Nov 1 2005, 07:29 AM) *

It doesn't matter if Inzi's record against Australia isn't that great, he is a world class player. You don't have to have a good record against Australia to be considered one of the best, it should be consistent performances, winning matches for your country, class, technique, temperament, ability to adapt to any conditions (or most conditions) in the world that that determines a world class player. Inzi fits the bill in all these categories. True his running between the wickets is what has always held him back but I would take him any day in my team. He is by far the best player of pace bowling in the world today, better than Tendulkar in this category. He still has a few years of cricket left in him and is still a world beater.

Agreed, the fitness levels of the Asian teams is not as great as the Australians or for that matter even the South Africans. India has slightly improved over the past year and so have Sri Lanka and Pakistan but this has to be consistent as you mentioned.

I feel Dravid is as good as Tendulkar in technique if not better. He is one man along with Inzi that I would also take in my World XI any day.

Prince Ali

Thanks for your views but I have to disagree with you on various issues. Australia is the world's best side for many years. Getting consistent success against a world class side is the only measure of true class. Hence your comments that it does not matter to perform well against them is incorrect.

Commenting on Inzy, his record as a capatin is less than satisfactory and he has come under scrutiny by several past legends like Imran Khan. Most asian players apart from a few like Tendular can't adopt to the bouncy wickets in Australia. Asian players are kings playing on slow tracks but become "bheegi billis" when playing on fast and bouncy wickets. This is one reason why Inzy's record is not good against Australia and you say he is the best player of fast bowling, sorry thats not the case and to say he is a better player than Tendular is quite embarassing.

Inzy was very good a few years back specially in one days but seeing him score a duck and a single against Australia lately and the way he got out reinforces my point that his best is past him.

We are not discussing only technique but overall cricketing brilliance. Tendulkar would make a world X1 in any era. Infact he was the only asian player that was in the all time greatest world X1 side that also included Sir Donald Bradman. I have seen him play since he was 14 so I know what I am saying, well like I said it does not matter what I say, what matters is that he is considered the greatest player of our times by many wise cricketing brains including the Don himslef. So you wanna say people in this forum know more about cricket then him?

+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Nov 1 2005, 10:20 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 568

QUOTE(princeali @ Nov 1 2005, 01:59 AM) *

As shocking as it may be, Ali is totally right ! Inzi is the most disrespected player in the world, and is the greatest match winning batsman in cricket today.
+Quote Post
princeali
post Nov 1 2005, 10:53 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Inzi's average against Australia does not mean he is not a good player of pace bowling. In fact he is has shown he can handle all pace attacks around the world. Tendulkar is also not flawless in that part of the world. You should have seen the way Akram and Co. exposed his off stump in Australia in 2000 which showed there were chinks in his armory.

The less we talk about Tendulkar's captaincy the better. Inzi has led Pakistan to important series wins, including the biggie in India and has inspired his team to do better, something that Tendulkar could never acheive. Now how about batting when captain. Stats show that among captains who have led their teams in at least 50 one-day internationals, no one has averaged more than Inzi's 48.85. Can we say the same about Tendulkar ?.

Should success against Australia be a real measure of a cricketer's class ?. In that case lets take Ijaz Ahmed. He averaged 47 against Australia and six of his twelve test hundreds came against them. Yet can we put him in the same league and class as Inzamam ?, definitely NOT.

Tendulkar's average against Australia may be great but against SA, who for the most part of the last decade had an outstanding attack and were considered one of the top three in the world, it is 37. Also, Lara is a superhuman against the Aussies, yet he struggles against the mediocre attacks in the world, and is considered one of the greatest, whereas Inzi is not bad against Australia but has crushed attacks around the world and he gets judged on his merit against Australia. How about Kallis from SA, who is excellent against poor attacks but mediocre against an outstanding one and yet he is still SA's best batsman. Its a shame that Inzi is being wholly judged by his performances against Australia.

Inzi's batting in the recently concluded series in Australia does not mean he is past his prime. One match does not prove anything. Look at his record in the past few years and you will see why he still has alot left in him for the future.

The truth is that as good a batsman as Tendulkar is he is not a match-winner. In fact, is he a match-winner at all ?. Tendulkar is a great accumulator of records, but in all his years of cricket, have we seen him score a 153 in the company of tailenders to pull off a one-wicket win or get 281 after India was made to follow on and win the match for his country ?.

Inzi on the other hand stands only next to Don Bradman in matches won for his country (Akhtar bro provided the stats for this recently). Tendulkar is not even in the Top 10 amongst match-winning batsman. The bottom line is that Inzi is a more valuable batsman to his team than Tendulkar.

No one is denying Tendulkar's class, but there are others who stand alongside him as the best batsmen of modern day cricket.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
tracknest
post Nov 1 2005, 12:41 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(princeali @ Nov 1 2005, 10:53 AM) *

Inzi's average against Australia does not mean he is not a good player of pace bowling. In fact he is has shown he can handle all pace attacks around the world. Tendulkar is also not flawless in that part of the world. You should have seen the way Akram and Co. exposed his off stump in Australia in 2000 which showed there were chinks in his armory.

[color=#3366FF]The world best pace bowlers are in the Australian team so what pace attacks are you speaking off. Chaminda Vaas, Oram, Maroof.....[/color]
>> [color=#3366FF]Who says Tendular is flawless but he is a true champion. Look at his cracking recent return to cricket after such a long time. As Ranatunga has said this is the difference between a good and a great batsmen.
Sometimes you guys avoid stats and then for your convenience you refer to the stats. The stats of Tendular in both from of games confirm his supremacy. Nothing can change that. [/color][/color
]

The less we talk about Tendulkar's captaincy the better. Inzi has led Pakistan to important series wins, including the biggie in India and has inspired his team to do better, something that Tendulkar could never acheive. Now how about batting when captain. Stats show that among captains who have led their teams in at least 50 one-day internationals, no one has averaged more than Inzi's 48.85. Can we say the same about Tendulkar ?.

>> I never talked about Tendulkar's captiancy hence your reference is unwarranted. Tendulkar did not get a long stint as a captain hence this discussion is erroneous. The question is not about Inzys avearge in 50 one days, the issue is about his success as a captain which is mediocre at best. He is a non motivator and a poor communicator. His captiancy is pedestrian.

Should success against Australia be a real measure of a cricketer's class ?. In that case lets take Ijaz Ahmed. He averaged 47 against Australia and six of his twelve test hundreds came against them. Yet can we put him in the same league and class as Inzamam ?, definitely NOT.

>> We are not discussing Ejaz here but Inzy and if Ejaz has scored six of his last 12 hundreds against them then it simply states he had more class to play against the best.

Tendulkar's average against Australia may be great but against SA, who for the most part of the last decade had an outstanding attack and were considered one of the top three in the world, it is 37

>> Sachin has played few one day matches against SA, probably 16 one days with SA and he has 3 hundreds against them. Thats not a bad record. Let him play more and see where the aveage goes. His test match aveage is over 55 aganist SA. Inzys average is less than 32 against SA - isnt it? And isnt Inzys average less than 35 against nz whereas Sachin has over 40 (this is all one day figures). Aganist Aus, Inzy averages less tan 32 whereas the legend'savegae is nearly touching 50. Even V/s England Sachin's aveage is more than Inzy although there is not much of a difference. Inzy only aveages 35 something agsinst WI and Sachin is about 48. It does not require rocket science to analyse these figures, does it.

The very fact his performance against the best is excellent, he is regarded as the best. Gavaskar had an average of over 60 against the might WI but a average record with SL and Pak. This still makes him the greatest player of genuine pace bowling.
[color=#3366FF]They have played more or less the same number od one day matches. Sachin has 38 hundreds to a paltry 10 by Inzy and mind you Sachins strike rate is well in the 90's. Inzy aveages less than 40 whereas Sachin is about 45. Every figure goes against Inzy.

Also, Lara is a superhuman against the Aussies, yet he struggles against the mediocre attacks in the world, and is considered one of the greatest,

>>> When did this happen. I would appreciate if you take the trouble of seeing Lara's career summary. Only the best can perform well against the best. Lara and Tendulkar are hence way ahead all others.
whereas Inzi is not bad against Australia but has crushed attacks around the world and he gets judged on his merit against Australia.

>> Well not really even against other teams his records are just aveage and less then Sachins. Dont allow your passion overcome the reality.

How about Kallis from SA, who is excellent against poor attacks but mediocre against an outstanding one and yet he is still SA's best batsman. Its a shame that Inzi is being wholly judged by his performances against Australia.

Inzi's batting in the recently concluded series in Australia does not mean he is past his prime. One match does not prove anything. Look at his record in the past few years and you will see why he still has alot left in him for the future.

The truth is that as good a batsman as Tendulkar is he is not a match-winner.

>> Now you are making me laugh. Oh lord then why dont others accumulate records too. As if records are like apples in the orchard. This is a weak argument Prince Ali and one that stems out of your dislike for Sachin. Fair enough you would like someone from your backyard to be better than everyone but sorry it does not work like this in the real world..
Inzi on the other hand stands only next to Don Bradman in matches won for his country (Akhtar bro provided the stats for this recently).

LOL...that stat is vague. It does not say how others performed during those games. Example Sachin scored a classy 70+ against SL the other day and Irfan got the man of the match award.
No one is denying Tendulkar's class, but there are others who stand alongside him as the best batsmen of modern day cricket.

Sure they do who is denying that.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:02 PM