Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Before Sunrise(1995) / Before Sunset(2004)

8 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Before Sunrise(1995) / Before Sunset(2004)
Nidhi
post Apr 25 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #76

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6496

Closer(2004): It's a movie for the mature audience. It is all about a foursome (2 couples) who are in & out of relationships between themselves. The director Mike Nichols has done an excellent job of an in depth characterisation of the four, their attitude & approach towards love & sex. The movie exposes the hollowness of the sentence ' I love You', its relevance & meaning in real terms. There is an interesting comic interlude between the two males on an internet chat. Some of the dialogues may seem too obscene & vulgar, but they are well in tune with the picturisation.
Clive Owen has given a remarkable performance. Julia Roberts, Jude Law & Natalie Portman have performed well too. A mature film.

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.The voice of the majority is no proof of justice."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Apr 26 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #77

Group Icon

Love In The Time Of Cholera(2007): Nothing exceptional about the movie. The last 10 minutes are the interesting part. The rest of the movie just drifts along. The viewer would find it difficult to sustain his interest right through this 2 hr movie.

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.The voice of the majority is no proof of justice."
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Apr 26 2008, 08:28 PM
Post #78

Group Icon

Tombstone(1993): A good western based on Wyatt Earp's tale. Starring Kurt Russell & Val Kilmer in the lead it is fast paced & the background score is very good.

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post May 1 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #79

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Watched In Bruges the other day, its an alright film, a funny film, stars Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson as 2 hitmen sent to do a job by Ralph Fiennes who steals the show in his half hour work. Oh, there is a midget in the film too so theres a lot of piss taking going on... but I already said that its a funny film.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post May 2 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #80

Group Icon

The Mighty(1998): I saw this movie on cable today. It is a nice movie about two kids, both handicapped, one physically & the other mentally.

My Boy Jack: This too is a good movie made for TV. Lovely locales. The story is based on a tragic period in Rudyard Kipling's life. It is about a domineering father forcing his son who has a myopic vision into the armed forces during the first world war.

+Quote Post
Nidhi
post May 7 2008, 12:58 AM
Post #81

Group Icon

September Dawn: It's a western with a difference. Based on the happenings in 1857 of the massacre at Mountain Meadows, the movie also incorporates a fictional love story in its main plot. It shows what religious madness can do to the mind set of people. Here it is between the Mormons & the gentiles. A nice movie.

+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post May 11 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #82

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1609

Folks please add atleast a pic of the movie,while making comment.This will give additional info about the movie.

I NEVER HEARD AN ANGEL SINGING,YES I HEARD MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB.

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

Saanson Ki Maala Pay, Simron Main Pi Ka Naam......Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post May 12 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #83

Group Icon

Open Range(2003): The movie stars Kevin Kostner & Robert Duvall. The movie a western is also produced & directed by Kostner. Though lengthy & slow paced it has lovely picturesque landscapes of the prairies. It is an interesting movie. It is about cattle herding & land grazing disputes, with a little romance thrown in on the side.

Posting a snapshot of the movies on review requires the task of saving an image & uploading it. Personally, I don't think this is that important.

+Quote Post
Nidhi
post May 31 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #84

Group Icon

Music & Lyrics(2007): That's a very enjoyable movie. It is a light hearted comedy with some nice songs sung by lead star Hugh Grant himself. Drew Barrymore has done her part pretty well, both complement each other.

+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post Jun 2 2008, 10:55 PM
Post #85

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Indiana Jones & The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (2008)

With great expectations I went to watch this movie in theater as I have seen all the previous 3 sequels but all my expectations were diminished as the movie progressed.

This time Russian spies are after Dr. Jones to get The Crystal Skull, A power that can get them the key to City Of Gold.I find nothing new about the movie, can't even see the impact of technology in it.The pace of the movie was slow.

This post has been edited by humble_rafi: Jun 2 2008, 10:59 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

Saanson Ki Maala Pay, Simron Main Pi Ka Naam......Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Jun 2 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #86

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 907

Black Dahlia(2006)

Oomphy atmosphere of LA in the 1940s. wub.gif

Based loosely on the real, famous unsolved mystery of the "Black Dahlia murder" of a girl savagely murdered in Los Angeles, the movie is actually based on a fictional book by James Ellroy. It is about two LAPD detectives, Bucky and Lee, nicknamed Fire and Ice, (Josh Hartnett and Aaron Eckhart) who are pursuing the case of a child rapist, but when the dismembered, mutilated body of an aspiring actress, Elizabeth Short, is discovered thrown in a field, Lee becomes obsessed with the case and switches him and his partner to this other case. Scarlett Johansson is Lee's fiance and there is the typical noir complication of the attraction between her and Bucky. She looks gorgeous hidden behind the fumes of her ever-present cigarette in her period costumes and hairstyle. Her role and acting are not ultimately punchy enough tho. Hillary Swank as the nervous, haggard femme fatale is superb... The film is gorgeously atmospheric, playing the noir features of light and shade, the cigarette fumes, the jazz music and the hard-boiled dark underworld that still manages to shock you with its revelations, to the hilt. Brian de Palma builds the atmosphere perfectly but somehow the movie is not satisfying. It has to do with the ending, which though dramatic enough, is too fantastic and neat. A must see for noir fans though.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

"This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958)

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Jun 7 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #87

Group Icon

Chaos Theory(2007):It's a story about an individual who believes in orderliness in all things in life. Who sets his life to clockwork precision. One day when his wife sets the clock ahead by 10minutes, chaos ensues in his life. During this chaotic transition he realises that all that he had believed earlier to be in order had actually totally gone wrong. So, he starts taking his chances & changes his lifestyle. The movie starts off as a comedy, but has it moments of sentimentality & sadness. An interesting movie worth watching. I presume it is a Canadian movie with an all new star cast. Some of the songs in the background are enjoyable.

+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Jun 9 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #88

Group Icon

Fracture(2007):This is a very interesting & suspenseful thriller starring Anthony Hopkins & Ryan Gosling.
A good plot, interesting courtroom arguments & everything else to maintain one's interest in such thrillers.
Worth a watch. Good acting by the lead stars.

+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post Jun 17 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #89

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

In Bruges (2008)

Its a story of two assassins who visit the city of Bruges in Belgium to hide.They are completely different from eachother, as the story progresses they get friendly and start appreciating eachother.But the destiny has something else for them.The last 20 minutes of the movie is full of chaos.

Initially the pace of the movie is very slow, but it gets better later.I will give 7 out of 10.

This post has been edited by humble_rafi: Jun 17 2008, 12:55 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post Jun 17 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #90

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Nidhi Ji, I haven't seen The Miracle Worker, but I have this information that Black is copy and paste of The Children Of Lesser God (1986).What i appreciate about black is the little girl, She was way too better than Rani and Bachchan in my opinion.

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:56 PM