Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Pandit Shiv Dayal Batish Passes Away

> Pandit Shiv Dayal Batish Passes Away
Ashwin Batish
post Jul 29 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2839

IPB Image It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of a great man, my father (Papajee), Pandit Shiv Dayal Batish. He was fighting congestive heart failure for nearly 2 years. He died peacefully this morning at Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz California. He leaves his wife Smt. Shanta Devi Batish, his five children - Smt. Surendra Devi Batish, Shri Tarun Kumar Batish, Smt. Vijay Laxmi Batish, Shri Ashwin Kumar Batish, and Shri Ravi Kumar Batish and eight wonderful grand children that loved him so dearly.
Private services are being planned. Panditji would have been 92 in December this year.

<p>
Condolences can be emailed to batishs@gmail.com, faxed to (831) 423-5172 or mailed to Batishs, 1310 Mission Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 USA.
<p>
To all my father's fans, please stay in touch. He leaves us with a tremendous legacy that we will share with you all in the very near future. It was his wish to never stop reaching out to spread the musical word. He believed if we all spent more time studying music and other arts the world would be heaven. He often said "with music you no longer need to try going to heaven, you are already there!"

<p>
We will sorely miss his presence and his phenominal grasp of culture, language, musical abilities, and humanity. I can only say that I and the rest of the Batish family members will try our level best to bring to you the teaching of this great personality. I aim to archive all his works and memorabilia at his home in Santa Cruz, California. USA and am seriously considering creating a non-profit foundation to carry on the work of my father.
<p>
You are invited to visit his personal site at <a href="http://www.sdbatish.com">www.sdbatish.com</a>. Any old images, music, trivia on my father's professional musical career will be greatly cherished by my family.

<p>

With great love and a very sad heart,
<p>
Ashwin Batish<br>
info@batish.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
nirvana
post Oct 3 2007, 03:39 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 26077

Hi Ashwin,

I've just joined the forum. Please accept my belated condolences.

Your father was a genius and will be greatly missed.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Ashwin Batish   Pandit Shiv Dayal Batish Passes Away   Jul 29 2006, 07:31 PM
deewani   Another great loss for the music world. So sorry t...   Jul 29 2006, 09:38 PM
bawlachintu   Ashwin ji Ishwar apko dhairya aur hausla de. San...   Jul 29 2006, 09:46 PM
Guru   Im sorry for your loss. I hope you treasure the mo...   Jul 29 2006, 09:48 PM
sri   Ashwin Just saw your post here. This is a great ...   Jul 29 2006, 10:13 PM
SuDeo   [quote name='Ashwin Batish' date='Jul ...   Jul 29 2006, 10:39 PM
shuklas   Ashween jee : We all join you....& pray. Au...   Jul 30 2006, 01:45 AM
vivekpm   Sorry to hear this. May his soul rest in peace an...   Jul 30 2006, 01:56 AM
maheshks   Ashwin Bhai, Bhagwan unki atma ko shanti de tatha...   Jul 30 2006, 02:08 AM
shivani   Prabhu unki aatma ko shanti pradan karein.   Jul 30 2006, 03:58 AM
joshi   This is indeed sad news... Ashwin ji, condolences...   Jul 30 2006, 11:43 AM
mohd2004   Ashwin Ji, its very sad news for all music lovers...   Jul 30 2006, 05:27 PM
surhall   http://batish.com/Images/sdghazal.gif It is with ...   Jul 31 2006, 08:54 AM
usrafian   Ashwin JI, A great loss for all of us. We at HF ...   Aug 1 2006, 05:38 PM
RafiKiAwaaz   My Condolences to you and your family. This is a g...   Aug 1 2006, 10:18 PM
pradeepasrani   Ashwinji I saw this thread today so apologies for...   Aug 3 2006, 11:52 PM
deewani   Some news articles: Santa Cruz Sentinel (Batishji...   Aug 4 2006, 06:19 AM
SuDeo   Some news articles: Thanks for the original art...   Aug 4 2006, 10:50 PM
balajigade   An irreparable loss to the music world. A good sin...   Aug 5 2006, 02:45 PM
desai2rn   This is a great loss for the music world. He will ...   Aug 5 2006, 07:53 PM
nirvana   Hi Ashwin, I've just joined the forum. Please...   Oct 3 2007, 03:39 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:00 PM