Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Niagara Falls

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Niagara Falls
catch22
post Jun 5 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 1172

Hi,
Forum members who have been to the Niagara Falls, could you please enlighten me on the following:
The view of the Niagara Falls, is it better from the Canadian side or the American side?
Secondly, if one wants to go to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, will a visit visa be issued at Buffalo or is it better to get it at the point of origin. Since I will be in the US in July & August and will be travelling from the West Coast to the East Coast, I thought I should'nt miss out on the Niagara. Any other advice & points of interest would be very much welcome & I would be much thankful for the same.
Yellowstone National Park in the State of Wyoming. Could someone enlighten me on this too.
Thanks Again

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."
"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing what he read made him mad. "
"You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race. "
George Bernard Shaw
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Anil4
post Jun 5 2005, 06:17 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 64

Catch 22

1. View is better from the Canadian side

2. I was able to get a visa at the Falls itself. Immigration Canada asked me how long I expected to be in Canada for and I replied about 1-2 hours. They stamped my Fiji passport.

3. Have travelled fairly extensively in USA over about 15-16 trips there and will send you suggestions, advice in a pm.

Anil
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Jun 5 2005, 06:19 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(catch22 @ Jun 5 2005, 05:54 PM)
Hi,
Forum members who have been to the Niagara Falls, could you please enlighten me on the following:
The view of the Niagara Falls, is it better from the Canadian side or the American side?
Secondly, if one wants to go to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, will a visit visa be issued at Buffalo or is it better to get it at the point of origin. Since I will be in the US in July & August and will be travelling from the West Coast to the East Coast, I thought I should'nt miss out on the Niagara. Any other advice & points of interest would be very much welcome & I would be much thankful for the same.
Yellowstone National Park in the State of Wyoming. Could someone enlighten me on this too.
Thanks Again

The Canadian side is definitely better. You need to get a visa and that would mean you have to apply for it in advance. Do not know if they issue it in Buffalo. WHen I went in 2003 we couldnt go to the Canadian side coz we had only a visit Visa to US and not to Canada sad1.gif

Oh great ! You shouldnt miss Niagara!! Juz being down there close to the Falls is something that cannot be put in words!!!!!!! Dont know about the Yellowstone National Park, as I havent been there :|

Have a great trip smile1.gif

N:)
+Quote Post
catch22
post Jun 5 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 1172

Thanks Birju & Nimmi for your prompt response. I have already been to the US three times. The first two were only of one week duration. The third one was a fortnight. I have seen part of the west coast like LA, San Diego, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam etc. In the year 2000 I was on 6 week tour of Western Europe. This time round I may be in the USA for a full 6 weeks & I would like to really go around, west to east.. All your expert advice, travel tips would be very much helpful. Also, the important sight seeing places that I should'nt miss.

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."
"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing what he read made him mad. "
"You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race. "
George Bernard Shaw
+Quote Post
Marcilo
post Jun 5 2005, 09:59 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 309

Make sure you do visit that place during night too... with lights and Lasers.. its just great

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
- Just another gummy bear fan
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Jun 5 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 120

And if you happen to visit the place during weekends, there will be splendid fireworks at above place...

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Jun 6 2005, 12:13 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 13

I cant speak much about other places but how much time do you have for West Coast? and is it all three of the states - CA, OR, WA? so I can tell you according to the time you have. Do you plan to visit only certain cities? Your trip sounds like a lot of fun!! Plan ahead and enjoy smile1.gif I will give you some more tips in my next post.
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Jun 6 2005, 08:24 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Jun 5 2005, 09:59 PM)
Make sure you do visit that place during night too... with lights and Lasers.. its just great

AYYO I Missed all of that cry.gif To think of applyin for a visa and go thru those wretched security checks to go to the US is like a nightmare sad1.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mebbe next time when I am reborn in the US wink2.gif he he he biggrin.gif

N biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
bibhas
post Jun 7 2005, 12:56 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1314

QUOTE(catch22 @ Jun 5 2005, 08:24 AM)
Thanks Again

YSNP is beautiful. I have seen such diverse geography in a single place anywhere. How much time are you planning to spend there ? We spent 3 days and we barely skimmed the surface. Lots of wildlife to see and the geysers are marvellous. Apart from the famous Old Faithful, do take the time to visit some of the more beautiful smaller geysers/hot springs in the vicinity of Old Faithful. Also, add Grand Tetons to your trip, they are adjacent to YSNP and it makes a lovely drive through Tetons. Make sure you rent a car because you need to drive extensively within the park. Make sure you reserve your lodging/campground in advance as they run out pretty soon. And make sure you have lot of film (or better yet, lot of memory on your digital camera). I went in the pre-digital days and shot 20 rolls of film there.
Attaching some pictures. Enjoy.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
A science that does not deliver us to the portals of metaphysics is a failed science and a religion that does not embrace physics is not grounded in reality.
+Quote Post
princeali
post Jun 11 2005, 04:10 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Thanks for the pics bibhas, it looks a wonderful place to visit.

Anyone visiting Niagara Falls should enjoy the night life over there, it is amazing with many people and many things to do. The Niagara village is a really cool place and there are also many nice restaurants with great food.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
tahir77
post Aug 28 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2689

Wow amazing pic good job clap1.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Aug 28 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1583

blink1.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:20 AM