Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rafi Songs With Humming------oooooooo Or Laralara Or Aaaaaaaa

, Classsical Alaaps of "Aaaaaaaaaa" Are Also Allowed.

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rafi Songs With Humming------oooooooo Or Laralara Or Aaaaaaaa, Classsical Alaaps of "Aaaaaaaaaa" Are Also Allowed.
venkat
post Jun 27 2008, 08:20 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6841

Friends,

These days, my imagination is running wild!

Rafi Saab has many songs which contain a humming by him, of the nature of Oooooooo or Laralara or Aaaaa.

Secondly, there are many songs in which Rafi Saab uses some funny, peculiar expression, other than the normal lyrical words.

I will give an example of each.

Humming: There is a great, romantic hum by him before the start of this song: "Udhar Tum Haseen Ho, Idhar Dil Jawan Hai" from Film:Mr.& Mrs. 55--MD:OPN.

Some peculiar expression other than the normal lyrical words: In the song, "Ham Jab Chae To, Yeh Jahan Jhoome, Arzoo Hamari, Aasmaan Ko Chhume, Ohhohohho" from Film:Ham Hindusthani (MD:Usha Khanna), Rafi Saab uses that "Ohhohohho" at the end of every Mukhda to great effect.

Let us recall more of such songs!

Venkat

PS. Shall appreciate if each such song is discussed in one post in some detail, in stead of listing all of them in one single post. smile.gif

This post has been edited by venkat: Jun 30 2008, 09:02 PM

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Jun 27 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

Venkat..Aaj purani rahon se...from Aadmi has a beautiful humming by Rafi at high pitch...Ohhhhhhoho...ohooho.. then starts the song...It is unique which is not found in Telugu and Tamil versions of the song...Will this qualify?

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
venkat
post Jun 27 2008, 08:39 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplefable @ Jun 27 2008, 08:30 PM) *

Venkat..Aaj purani rahon se...from Aadmi has a beautiful humming by Rafi at high pitch...Ohhhhhhoho...ohooho.. then starts the song...It is unique which is not found in Telugu and Tamil versions of the song...Will this qualify?

SF, it is in our hands whether to make it qualify or not. biggrin.gif

Actually, now that you have mentioned this great Ohoho, Ohoho, Ohoho from Admi, we can include such ones too.

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

+Quote Post
venkat
post Jun 27 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

There is this Rafi-Balbir song in Jagte Raho(1956). "Neeti Duniya Deve Duhayi----Ki Main Jhoot Boliya-- Koina Bhai Koina"

In this song, there is a non-lyrical expression "Aanv Uhoon, Unhooo hoo, Aanv Uhoon", used by Rafi Saab so differently and beautifully. I remember as a child, when I used to listen to this song on Radio, I used to eagerly wait for that 'Aanv Uhoon" part!

Venkat

Can someone please upload the full version of this?

This post has been edited by venkat: Jun 27 2008, 08:59 PM

+Quote Post
venkat
post Jun 27 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

There is a fantastic hum before the strat of the song, "Yeh Mujhe Dekh Kar Aap Ka Muskuraana" from Film:Ek Musafir Ek Haseena (MD:OPN).

Not only at the start of the song. At the beginning of each Antara also, Rafi Saab hums in an intoxicated tone, "Oohoo, Uhoohoohoo, Ahahaha", so beautifully.

Venkat

This post has been edited by venkat: Jun 27 2008, 08:53 PM

+Quote Post
nasar
post Jun 27 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 1333

What about Masti main chad ke tarana koi dilka from Haqeeqat, this starts with Rafi Saab singing
OHOOHO and so on
+Quote Post
venkat
post Jun 27 2008, 08:58 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(nasar @ Jun 27 2008, 08:55 PM) *

What about Masti main chad ke tarana koi dilka from Haqeeqat, this starts with Rafi Saab singing
OHOOHO and so on

Certainly, Nasar Ji.

Venkat

+Quote Post
venkat
post Jun 27 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

There is a song in Film:Saanjh Aur Savera (1964)--MD:SJ.

"Zindagi Mujh Ko Dikhaa De Raasta, Tujh Ko Meri Hasratonka Wasta"

This song starts with a beautiful, "Ohohoho Ohohoho Ohohoho". And it keeps repeating at the beginning of each Antara.

Venkat

+Quote Post
pinky
post Jun 27 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4518

What about Jaag dil e deewana..he starts humming in the bginning

"The best and the most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen,
nor touched...but are felt in the heart."

Far, very far, into the world of the farthest beyond
My hope carries me and places me
On the sweetest lap of the unknown.
There i behold my self-form
In the Dance-Delight of the Absolute

Every Night and every Morn
Some to Misery are born
Every morn and every Night
Some are born to sweet Delight
Some are born to Endless night
+Quote Post
venkat
post Jun 27 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

In Film:Aayi Milan Ki Bela(1964), there is a song, "Main Pyaar Ka Deewana, Sab Se Mujhe Ulfat Hai". This song starts with a memorable, "Aaa Haha, Ahhahahhahahhaha, Ehehehe, Tin Tin Tin Tin Tin Tin Tin Tin"! smile.gif

That "Tin Tin Tin TIn" bit is supposed to be the music that comes there! biggrin.gif

Venkat

+Quote Post
venkat
post Jun 27 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(pinky @ Jun 27 2008, 09:29 PM) *

What about Jaag dil e deewana..he starts humming in the bginning

Very true, Pinky. Really good one.

Venkat

+Quote Post
Harjinder
post Jun 27 2008, 09:49 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6686

QUOTE(venkat @ Jun 27 2008, 10:14 AM) *

There is this Rafi-Balbir song in Jagte Raho(1956). "Neeti Duniya Deve Duhayi----Ki Main Jhoot Boliya-- Koina Bhai Koina"

In this song, there is a non-lyrical expression "Aanv Uhoon, Unhooo hoo, Aanv Uhoon", used by Rafi Saab so differently and beautifully. I remember as a child, when I used to listen to this song on Radio, I used to eagerly wait for that 'Aanv Uhoon" part!

Venkat

Hi
I do not know if this is the full version or not but this is the one I have. By the way the 'non lyrical(?)'expression you mention is part of this version.In the rural areas that tune used to be a folk singing expression in Punjabi in my childhood days (1950's).Non Punjabi Salil Chaudhury has immortalized this Punjabi folk tune in the song. I can think of another non Punjabi A.R. Rehman who has made some of Punjabi folk tunes so popular in a recent movie 'Taal' .
Any way here is 'Te main koi jhooth bolia, koi na,.Te main koi kuffar tolia,koi na.-Mohammad Rafi & S. Balbir MD Salil Chaudhury.
Bit Rate 128 kbps
Duration 03:39 min
Year 1956
Audio Format MP3
+Quote Post
venkat
post Jun 27 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

In Mere Sanam, there is a song, "Hamdam Mere Maan Bhi Jaavo".

Before this song starts, Rafi Saab says his beautiful, "Aaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaaaaa", followed by the musical bit, Tinteratentum, Tinteratentum, Tinteratentum, Tim Tim"!

Venkat

+Quote Post
venkat
post Jun 27 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Harjinder @ Jun 27 2008, 09:49 PM) *

QUOTE(venkat @ Jun 27 2008, 10:14 AM) *

Venkat

Hi
I do not know if this is the full version or not but this is the one I have. By the way the 'non lyrical(?)'expression you mention is part of this version.In the rural areas that tune used to be a folk singing expression in Punjabi in my childhood days (1950's).Non Punjabi Salil Chaudhury has immortalized this Punjabi folk tune in the song. I can think of another non Punjabi A.R. Rehman who has made some of Punjabi folk tunes so popular in a recent movie 'Taal' .
Any way here is 'Te main koi jhooth bolia, koi na,.Te main koi kuffar tolia,koi na.-Mohammad Rafi & S. Balbir MD Salil Chaudhury.
Bit Rate 128 kbps
Duration 03:39 min
Year 1956
Audio Format MP3

Many sincere thanks, Harjinder Ji, for this "Aanv Uhoon" song. smile.gif

+Quote Post
nasar
post Jun 27 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 1333

Hear's two
Main rahi anjaan rahon ka from Anjaana
Haseen Waadiyon from Lal Bangla.

This post has been edited by nasar: Jun 27 2008, 11:06 PM
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 12:23 PM