Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Any Football Fans Here?

, Thread for discussion about world cup

10 Pages V « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Football Fans Here?, Thread for discussion about world cup
princeali
post Sep 7 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #136

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 134

Ashraf bhai, Italy has started off their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign with a 1-1 draw against Lithuania and a 3-1 loss to France.

However in both these games, the full Italian outfit was not playing, now they will most likely recall Totti, Toni and Del Piero.

Surprisingly, Italy is in a dangerous position right now as they have to win their next two games or else they might not qualify for the tourney in 08.

Prince Ali
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Sep 7 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #137

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Isnt Totti considering international retirement?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
princeali
post Sep 7 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #138

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Sep 7 2006, 02:03 PM) *

Isnt Totti considering international retirement?

YM good to see you back !

He was considering it, but then Donadoni convinced him to stay on since he still has alot to offer to the team. Recently he said he won't play for the national team until 07, but since Italy is in a scary position right now he may be recalled right away.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Sep 7 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #139

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks Ali.

Apart from Italy's defence n Buffon in goal its average team at best. The attack is ok-ish but the midfield is just poor! I mean when ppl start to think of Gattuso as the Italian version of Roy Keane and Diarra, you know they have problems.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
princeali
post Sep 12 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #140

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Sep 7 2006, 02:20 PM) *

Thanks Ali.

Apart from Italy's defence n Buffon in goal its average team at best. The attack is ok-ish but the midfield is just poor! I mean when ppl start to think of Gattuso as the Italian version of Roy Keane and Diarra, you know they have problems.

LOL ! laugh.gif

Gattuso is a hard worker though, he moves around alot and gets in the way, in the WC he was everywhere on the field.

Italy with a full team are great, their midfield with Pirlo and Totti (leaving aside Gattuso) is very good. The attack could be better if planned well. As you pointed out, the defence and Buffon is excellent. I hope they get their act together and win the next two games.

Btw YM, like your pic, Maldini's great, he is one of the all-time greatest defenders, you know I read that Lippi called him before the WC and asked him if he wanted to be a part of the team, but he said that part of his career (i.e international football) was done with.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Sep 13 2006, 03:38 AM
Post #141

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

You know Ali, I have a feeling this will be Maldini's last season. sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif

PS, Totti isnt really a midfielder. He's a true No10... just behind the strikers, in the 'hole' as they say.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
princeali
post Sep 14 2006, 12:14 AM
Post #142

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Sep 12 2006, 06:08 PM) *

You know Ali, I have a feeling this will be Maldini's last season. sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif sorry.gif

PS, Totti isnt really a midfielder. He's a true No10... just behind the strikers, in the 'hole' as they say.

You're right he isn't a midfielder but isn't that what they label him as even though he plays in the 'hole' ?.

I hope its not Maldini's last season, I think he should continue on as long as he is fit, he's a gem of a player.

How do you rate ACM's chances this season ?.

Ashraf bhai, do you think Ronaldo will stay with the National team ?.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Sep 14 2006, 04:03 AM
Post #143

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(princeali @ Sep 14 2006, 12:14 AM) *

How do you rate ACM's chances this season ?

In regards to Champions League, no matter who you are, Barcelona, Real Madrid or AC Milan you need a certain amount of luck to win CL. But having said that, Milan is Milan... they will always be 1 of the favourites.

Serie A? With all the mayhem of 'Calciopoli' and the points penalty plus the loss of Shevchenko its going to be difficult season. But I still expect automatic CL qualification for next term. We have Kaka on the books and Gourcuff will be a revelation for us.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
princeali
post Sep 19 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #144

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Sep 13 2006, 06:33 PM) *

QUOTE(princeali @ Sep 14 2006, 12:14 AM) *

How do you rate ACM's chances this season ?

In regards to Champions League, no matter who you are, Barcelona, Real Madrid or AC Milan you need a certain amount of luck to win CL. But having said that, Milan is Milan... they will always be 1 of the favourites.

Serie A? With all the mayhem of 'Calciopoli' and the points penalty plus the loss of Shevchenko its going to be difficult season. But I still expect automatic CL qualification for next term. We have Kaka on the books and Gourcuff will be a revelation for us.

Kaka and Gourcuff are both good players, ACM should do well this season.

Serie A isnt the same this season, I was hoping Juve wouldn't get demoted but atleast some of their big name players stayed like Trez, Del Piero etc., hopefully they can make their way back into the top league.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
Ashraf
post Sep 21 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #145

Group Icon

Member No.: 236

Ashraf bhai, do you think Ronaldo will stay with the National team ?.

Happy to know that our football thread is still active.Regarding your question I can only say that he will try to hang there bcs he want to reach some where near Pele's record for most no of goals for Brazil.( I think Pele scored 90+ and ronaldo 60+).but I prefer all those above 28 yrs old to retire as brazil has dearth of talents.

dil doondtha hain phir vohi fursat ke raat din
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Sep 21 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #146

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ashraf @ Sep 21 2006, 02:40 PM) *

but I prefer all those above 28 yrs old to retire as brazil has dearth of talents.

If there's a lack of talent (which there isnt!) why do u want ppl to retire?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ashraf
post Jul 17 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #147

Group Icon

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Sep 21 2006, 06:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Ashraf @ Sep 21 2006, 02:40 PM) *

but I prefer all those above 28 yrs old to retire as brazil has dearth of talents.

If there's a lack of talent (which there isnt!) why do u want ppl to retire?

I hope you got the answer yesterday.

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Jul 17 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #148

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Barzil won. Are you saying they wudnt have won with Kaka, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo in the team?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Ashraf
post Jul 17 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #149

Group Icon

I did n't mean it YM.What I meant was nobody is greater than the team.This is specially applicable to Ronaldinho who plays dashing game for Barca and some what lazy for Brazil.In case of Kaka he plays more or less in same fashion for both Milan & Brazil.

Being a Milan expert YM what do you think about Ronaldo's future in Milan.Can he get a place in the playing eleven or will he be sitting in the side line ?

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Jul 18 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #150

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

He looks like he had liposuction + abdominoplasty. They're good at that stuff in Brazil. Or maybe he's just been having lots of sex with them Brazilian hotties I hear they are always willing but wotever it is, it has the guy back in shape. But I think he will get in a decent preseason and as his game is more based on teamwork and finishing now (and the motivation he will have), he will definitely have a 20+ goal season. I'm very much looking forward to seeing him in action from September.

He can still do:

IPB Image
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:42 PM