Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Some Chitragupta Songs

, THAT I LOVE

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some Chitragupta Songs, THAT I LOVE
Sharad
post Jun 13 2005, 03:22 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

okay let's start with
Akhiyan Sang Akhiyaan Laagi

i just love yeh parbaton ke daire, great music, sort of similar way jaag dil e deewana goes, that music after stanza before it's repeated
i love it

bhabhi song - chhupa kar meri aankhon ko
cute song

there are a lot of chitragupta-rafi bhajans that i am trying to find

so right now i can only think of rafi songs with chitragupta

anyone else with inputs

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
usrafian
post Jun 13 2005, 04:38 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1776

I am also waiting for some one to u/l following -

- Akhiyan Sang Akhiyaan Laagi Aaj- too good (earlier d/l was corrupted)

-All song from film - Zabak (teri duniya se door..)

-Film Aakash-Deep - Mujhe Dard-E-Dil Ka Pataa Na Thaa, Mujhe Aap Kis Liye Mil Gaye

-Film-Bhabi - Chal Ud Ja Re Panchi

Dil Shaad Tha Ke Phool Khilenge Bahaar Mein
Maaraa Gaya Garib Isee Aitbaar Mein
+Quote Post
catch22
post Jun 13 2005, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 1172

Mujhe Dard E Dil Ka Pata Na Tha

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."
"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing what he read made him mad. "
"You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race. "
George Bernard Shaw
+Quote Post
catch22
post Jun 13 2005, 06:08 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 1172

Teri Duniya Se Door

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."
"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing what he read made him mad. "
"You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race. "
George Bernard Shaw
+Quote Post
Sharad
post Jun 14 2005, 05:44 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

oye
when did this become an all download station

+Quote Post
pradeepasrani
post Jun 17 2005, 03:47 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 634

If Chitragupt would have composed just one song, Chal Ud Ja Re Panchhi, in his life, he would have still attained immortality. That song is an institution. Brilliant Lyrics of Rajinder Krishan, Wonderful tune and open throated Rafi at his best (mesmerising alaap at the end) plus the manner in which the song carries the story of the movie forward. Such a pity that there was no filmfare award for playback singing in 1957. This song would have walked away with all the three nominations, not to mention the award itself. In fact the music of Bhabhi was every inch as good, if not better than, Naya Daur, theultimate winner of the award for music.

Chitragupt was anotherof those under-rated MDs in the mould of Roshan, Vinod, Ghulam Mohammed, Bulo C. Rani, Hansraj Behl, Sajjad, etc. who never got their due recognition. The bhajans created by Chitragupt - Rafi combination in 1950s would always remain a testimony to this fact.
+Quote Post
brgarg
post Jul 8 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 1997

QUOTE(pradeepasrani @ Jun 17 2005, 03:47 PM)
If Chitragupt would have composed just one song, Chal Ud Ja Re Panchhi, in his life, he would have still attained immortality. That song is an institution. Brilliant Lyrics of Rajinder Krishan, Wonderful tune and open throated Rafi at his best (mesmerising alaap at the end) plus the manner in which the song carries the story of the movie forward. Such a pity that there was no filmfare award for playback singing in 1957. This song would have walked away with all the three nominations, not to mention the award itself. In fact the music of Bhabhi was every inch as good, if not better than, Naya Daur, theultimate winner of the award for music.

Chitragupt was anotherof those under-rated MDs in the mould of Roshan, Vinod, Ghulam Mohammed, Bulo C. Rani, Hansraj Behl, Sajjad, etc. who never got their due recognition. The bhajans created by Chitragupt - Rafi combination in 1950s would always remain a testimony to this fact.

Pardeep ji,
You r perfectly right that CHITRAGUPT was a under-rated music director. He started his career in 1949 with SHAUKEEN and melodious tunes for a number of films till 1979, last film was DO SHIKARI. Wr are mesmerised by the music for Toote Khilone; Aladdin Aur Jadui Chirag; Bhabhi; Naya Sansar; Kali Topi Lal Rumaal; Guest House; Barkha; Chand Mere AAja; Opera House; ZABAK; Tel Malish Boot Polish; Main Shadi Karne Chala; Main Chup Rahoongi; Ganga Ki Lehren; OONCHE LOG; Akashdeep; Vaasana and Aulaad.
His tradition has been kept alive by his talented son SHARVAN of NADEEM-SHARVAN.

brgarg
+Quote Post
fiftysomeone
post Jul 8 2005, 04:52 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 2341

QUOTE(brgarg @ Jul 8 2005, 04:40 PM)
His tradition has been kept alive by his talented son SHARVAN of NADEEM-SHARVAN.
brgarg

To the best of my knowledge, it is not Shravan who is Chitragupt's son; actually it is the music director duo of Anand-Milind who are his sons.
50Some1

+Quote Post
brgarg
post Jul 9 2005, 09:52 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(fiftysomeone @ Jul 8 2005, 04:52 PM)
QUOTE(brgarg @ Jul 8 2005, 04:40 PM)
brgarg

To the best of my knowledge, it is not Shravan who is Chitragupt's son; actually it is the music director duo of Anand-Milind who are his sons.
50Some1

I stand corrected. Thx.
+Quote Post
r&d
post Jul 10 2005, 01:30 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1955

QUOTE(inushi @ Jun 13 2005, 07:12 AM)
hi usrafian,
here's one more song from..............zabak............mehlon ne chhin liya........lata & mukesh

FWIW.

I don't know why people re-encode songs taken
from indianscreen.com. Just because you re-encode
it to 128 kbps, it doesn't magically get back all the
information lost.
+Quote Post
Sharad
post Jul 11 2005, 08:40 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

i'm trying to find chitragupta-rafi bhajans
there seem to be a lot of them

+Quote Post
pradeepasrani
post Jul 11 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 634

QUOTE(Sharad @ Jul 11 2005, 08:40 PM)
i'm trying to find chitragupta-rafi bhajans
there seem to be a lot of them

Just saw your list of 1884 Rafi songs. Phew, quite a collection. Good luck to you for Rafi - Chitragupt bhajans and hopefully, 2000 Rafi songs soon.
+Quote Post
fiftysomeone
post Jul 21 2005, 06:52 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 2341

Posted by Sharad, Yesterday, 09:20 AM in the Aladdin thread in SKS:
"fiftysomeone saab - were you actually around to witness the popularity of the song?
was that duet popular - aey sabah unse keh zara
it's really nice too no ?
i like that ho sake to dil - i like chitragupta's voice
i think he started with shiv bhakta around 54 or 55"

Sharad bhai:
Well technically I was around at that time, but at the time of the Aladdin movie (mid-1950's sometime I think) I would probably have been just 1 or 2 so wouldn't have 1st hand exposure to popularity!

However I remember these songs used to play a lot in my mother's parental home (nanihaal) in Allahabad, and hearing them from HF brought back the sweet memories of childhood. I def. remember the Ho Sake song playing and being sung - has shades of Chitalkar's group songs in Albela (Bholi Soorat etc.), and also have fleeting recall of Aey sabah (yes, a little gem).

I also recall Chitragupt songs in particular being played often in my Nanihal well into the 60's; at that time I used to think it was b'coz he composed lots of bhajan type songs, but only recently hit upon another reason: he was the only MD belonging to our community (he was from Patna though and was not a relative). Incidentally Chitragupt is the name of the Kayastha community's original forefather - he was Yama's accountant in Hindu mythology.

Cheers,
50Some1
+Quote Post
Chander
post Nov 26 2005, 11:04 AM
Post #14

Unregistered

"Chal ud ja re" song was initially recorded on Talat Mehmood but then he was replaced by Rafi.

Chander

QUOTE(brgarg @ Jul 8 2005, 05:10 AM) *

Pardeep ji,
You r perfectly right that CHITRAGUPT was a under-rated music director. He started his career in 1949 with SHAUKEEN and melodious tunes for a number of films till 1979, last film was DO SHIKARI. Wr are mesmerised by the music for Toote Khilone; Aladdin Aur Jadui Chirag; Bhabhi; Naya Sansar; Kali Topi Lal Rumaal; Guest House; Barkha; Chand Mere AAja; Opera House; ZABAK; Tel Malish Boot Polish; Main Shadi Karne Chala; Main Chup Rahoongi; Ganga Ki Lehren; OONCHE LOG; Akashdeep; Vaasana and Aulaad.

brgarg

+Quote Post
brgarg
post Nov 29 2005, 12:15 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(Chander @ Nov 26 2005, 11:04 AM) *

"Chal ud ja re" song was initially recorded on Talat Mehmood but then he was replaced by Rafi.

Chander

QUOTE(brgarg @ Jul 8 2005, 05:10 AM) *

Dear sir,
HMV has issued a version recording by Talat sahib of Chal Ud Ja Re... and song was origionally planned and sung by Rafiji.

Pardeep ji,

brgarg

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:35 PM