Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

In Search Of Rafi Songs From 1977 To Onwards

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In Search Of Rafi Songs From 1977 To Onwards
Unregistered_050208
post Oct 27 2007, 05:25 AM
Post #31

Unregistered

Song: Sad version of "Salamat Rahe Dostana Hamara" - not completely picturized in the film version I saw.
Film: Dostana
Year: 1981
Singers: Rafi & Kishore
Bit Rate: 16 kps - despite bit rate - quality is very good because it is very clean. Very little noise, distortion, etc.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hamaraprince
post Oct 27 2007, 06:21 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7596

QUOTE(myawan @ Oct 27 2007, 02:16 AM) *

Here is:

'Aa Lag Ja Gale Mere...........' from Agar, 1977, Sonik Omi, 3:36, 160kbps

Yusuf bhai,

Thanks for the above track.

Prince
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
princeali
post Oct 27 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

The amount of great songs and hits Rafi saab had during this time (1977 onwards) is just unbelievable. Leave aside the rest of his career, just this one phase is enough proof of his greatness.

The 50's and the 60's he absolutely left all the competition behind, everyone from Lata, Asha to Mukesh, Manna and Kishore etc. acknowledged that he was far ahead of the rest. Has there been any singer who sang for virtually everyone, and had such a wide range, unique melodious and sweet voice combined with being so versatile ?.

<Post edited as contained objectionable statement>
The Grand Marshall (along with his son), and he was on the receiving end of lots of nonsense from the media, it didn't bother him, he came back so strongly and proved he was the best.

How did he come back ? (and before controversy starts again, I mean comeback onto the charts as before, even though he was giving hits previously as always).

1977 onwards sees him return the top and from 1979-1982 it is a Rafi show all the way. Anyone who followed the Binaca Geet Mala trends knows for sure the impact Rafi made in those three years with his songs everywhere and other singer's songs hardly around. No male singer has been able to rule the way he did (and for that long), past or present.

I don't know how anyone or why anyone is compared to Rafi, its such a waste of time. Then again he is the benchmark, so its bound to happen.

Member Princeali - You are warned from writing demeaningly about a performing artiste.

Admin

This post has been edited by cYb0rG: Oct 28 2007, 11:53 AM

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Oct 27 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 743

QUOTE(ManishKumar @ Oct 27 2007, 05:20 AM) *

Song title: Chal Mein Man Leke Aaya Hai
Singers: Mohd Rafi, Udit Narayan, and a third singer
Year: 1981
MD: Rajesh Roshan
Bit Rate: 92 kps

Thanks Manish for upload.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Few corrections

Singers: Rafi, Asha, Udit Narayan, Amit Kumar, Anand Kr. C, Chorus
Lyrics:Vitthal Bhai Patel

Film: Gehra Zakhm
Music: RD Burman

Here is the best singer of universe

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw ."

+Quote Post
Purple_Fairy
post Oct 27 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5465

NICE ATTEMPT.
+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Oct 27 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 743

QUOTE(princeali @ Oct 27 2007, 06:59 AM) *

Unlike the sisters who played politics, he never indulged in them, and when another talent became popular thanks to the backing of one of my absolute favourite MD's, The Grand Marshall (along with his son), and he was on the receiving end of lots of nonsense from the media, it didn't bother him, he came back so strongly and proved he was the best.

Is this irrelevant reference necessary Mr Prince. Which sisters you are talking
about here??

Not even Lata Mangeshkar made such an impact as Rafi did. She may have been the Diva of female playback singing, but Rafi was ahead of her.

Interesting. How did you arrive at such bogus conclusion?
Lata fans make a note of this please. wink.gif biggrin.gif

not because Rafi was easier to get along with than Lata, but because of the fact that without Rafi, their songs wouldn't have been that great, and they wouldn't be able to present their compositions because no one could sing them besides 'Saatwan Sur'.

Who declared it as fact ? Any supportings you have?
It seems that you have not heard any of Lata-Kishore, Lata-Manna,
Lata-Hemant, Lata-Mukesh duets. laugh.gif

PS: What about other combinations: Rafi-Geeta, Rafi-Asha, Rafi-Suman, Rafi-Shamshad

Your above post contradicts what you have written at other place:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=429703

rolleyes.gif

Here is the best singer of universe

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw ."

+Quote Post
hamaraprince
post Oct 27 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(myawan @ Oct 27 2007, 02:16 AM) *

I would appreciate if somebody uploads CDQ songs of 'Aadmi Sadak Ka'.
Yusuf bhai, Here is your request:

CD ALBUM: AADMI SADAK KA/KARMYAGI/GULAM BEGUM BAADSHAH

LYRICS: Ravi Varma Malik
MUSIC: Ravi
LABEL: Saregama
FORMAT: Mp3 (All Tracks)
BITRATE: 160Kbps (All Tracks)
SOURCE: Compact Disc
(Made In U.k)

SONG 1: Aaj Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai... (full version)
DURATION: 00:05:06
ARTISTES: Mohd. Rafi,Devan Varma & Co

SONG 2: Bura Na Mano...
DURATION: 00:03:30
ARTISTES: Mohd. Rafi, Anuradha Paudwal, Deven Varma & Co

SONG 3: Basti Basti Nagri...
DURATION: 00:05:15
ARTISTES: Mohd. Rafi & Asha Bhonsle

SONG 4: Koi Kaam Nahin Hai Mushkil...
DURATION: 00:04:51
ARTIST: Mohd. Rafi

ATTACHMENT 1>
ATTACHMENT 2>
ATTACHMENT 3>
ATTACHMENT 4>

Prince
+Quote Post
myawan
post Oct 28 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

Thanks a lot Prince! smile1.gif

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post
hamaraprince
post Oct 28 2007, 01:58 AM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

NEXT: A Single> Puchho Na Yaar... (From the album> ZAMANE KO DIKHAANA HAI - CD Quality!)
(Please note: Patience is required for the entry of Mohd. Rafi Sahab Baadshah)
(Please note: Recorded in my studio)

ARTISTES: Mohd. Rafi Sahab & Asha Bhonsle
Duration: 00:06:10

LYRICS: Majrooh Sultanpuri

MUSIC: Rahul Dev Burman
Label: Polydor
Source: CD (Private)
(Made In England)

FORMAT: Mp3

BITRATE: 160Kbps

TRACK:

Prince
+Quote Post
princeali
post Oct 28 2007, 06:28 AM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Oct 27 2007, 04:57 AM) *

Is this irrelevant reference necessary Mr Prince. Which sisters you are talking
about here??

I don't think I have to mention their names Chintu-ji. It is well known in the media and reported by many well-known film journalists of the past and industry insiders. Why did I bring t up ?. To show that Rafi didn't need politics to keep his position, it was natural. This is an opinion.

Interesting. How did you arrive at such bogus conclusion?
Lata fans make a note of this please. wink.gif biggrin.gif

How is it bogus ?. This is just an opinion based on what I have read (from credible sources), as well as from various industry insiders that I have come across in the past, and my observations. You don't have to agree with me if you don't want to, we all have different opinions. Mind you, I am also a Lata fan as well. Ofcourse she made a huge impact, she was the best on the female side, but Rafi is a different story, he was a phenomenon.

Who declared it as fact ? Any supportings you have?[/b]

My supportings are interviews in the past from several MD's that without Rafi they wouldn't be able to compose those songs. This is from Vividh Bharti interviews, DD telecasts, interviews etc.

It seems that you have not heard any of Lata-Kishore, Lata-Manna,
Lata-Hemant, Lata-Mukesh duets. laugh.gif

PS: What about other combinations: Rafi-Geeta, Rafi-Asha, Rafi-Suman, Rafi-Shamshad

I don't think you read my statement cleary. I mentioned during the rift, most composers sided with Rafi which is a fact. I can provide stats but that will take extensive research and time which I am willing to do but not now with my midterms. Look back into history and see how many composers sided with Lata for 'duets' during the years 64-66. This does not have anything to do with other Rafi combinations, and yes I have heard a lot of other singer combinations Thanks smile.gif

Your above post contradicts what you have written at other place:

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=429703

rolleyes.gif

How does it cotradict that statement ?. I mentioned over there that everyone has a right to an opinion, and here I was stating an opinion. I have not degraded any artist, by mentioning politics, it does not degrade the two sisters, it just mentions what everyone else has been mentioning for a long time now.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
hamaraprince
post Oct 28 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

SAATHI WAFADAAR HO TO JEENE KA MAZA HAI AUR...
Mohd. Rafi & Asha Bhonsle
00:07:19

FORMAT: Mp3
BITRATE:160Kbps

ATTACHMENT>

Prince
+Quote Post
MusicLover
post Oct 28 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 15509

QUOTE(MucisLover @ Oct 26 2007, 11:26 AM) *

Hi,

Here is one from the '77 flick Aadmi Sadak Ka.

Film: Aadmi Sadak Ka (1977)
Singers: Mohd. Rafi, Deven Verma
Lyrics: Varma Mallik
Music Composer: Ravi

Song: Aaj Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai

Enjoy!!!
Music Lover biggrin.gif

Add the bitrate and track duration within 24 hours to avoid file deletion.

Admin

I dont know how to get the bit rate...I can get the track duration though...How do we find the bit rate??

Thanks,
Music Lover

Enjoy!!!
Music Lover

Smile is Contagious, Be a Carrier!!!
+Quote Post
princeali
post Oct 28 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(princeali @ Oct 26 2007, 09:29 PM) *

The amount of great songs and hits Rafi saab had during this time (1977 onwards) is just unbelievable. Leave aside the rest of his career, just this one phase is enough proof of his greatness.

The 50's and the 60's he absolutely left all the competition behind, everyone from Lata, Asha to Mukesh, Manna and Kishore etc. acknowledged that he was far ahead of the rest. Has there been any singer who sang for virtually everyone, and had such a wide range, unique melodious and sweet voice combined with being so versatile ?.

The Grand Marshall (along with his son), and he was on the receiving end of lots of nonsense from the media, it didn't bother him, he came back so strongly and proved he was the best.

How did he come back ? (and before controversy starts again, I mean comeback onto the charts as before, even though he was giving hits previously as always).

1977 onwards sees him return the top and from 1979-1982 it is a Rafi show all the way. Anyone who followed the Binaca Geet Mala trends knows for sure the impact Rafi made in those three years with his songs everywhere and other singer's songs hardly around. No male singer has been able to rule the way he did (and for that long), past or present.

I don't know how anyone or why anyone is compared to Rafi, its such a waste of time. Then again he is the benchmark, so its bound to happen.

Member Princeali - You are warned from writing demeaningly about a performing artiste.

Admin

Admin,

How has my post in any way been demeaning ?. I have just stated what is written out there on the Net. Are you telling me that we cannot express opinions ?. Then what is this forum for ?. If you look at my track record, I have never written demeaning or objectional posts, and I never intend to. I am a senior member of this forum (by that I mean I've been here from the time the forum started) and if a member has complained, then I think they don't know the difference between demeaning posts, actual posts that degrade an artist and ones that express an opinion. It's a pity that the situation has come to this, warning members who express opinions, and not taking action against members who write filth. I guess gone are those days where justice is served.

If I express an opinion mentioning Rafi had the backing of everyone of the "Big MD" camp, and Lata did not, it is an opinion based on lots of proof. If someone writes the same about Lata vis a vis Rafi, it is again an opinion and in no way demeaning to Rafi. Are you going to warn a member if they write that about Rafi on the Lata forum, when it is in no way demeaning or objectionable ?. If it is their opinion, let it be, when it comes down to it, tell them to show proof.

There are far more hedious posts that are written in HF, to edit mine is hilarious because it doesn't contain anything demeaning or objectionable. How is anybody to discuss anything if we can't express our opinions ?.

Its alright though, if a member complains, it is your job to take action, I understand, so its best if we leave it at that. Certain members don't know the difference between what is demeaning and what isn't, they let their emotions get in the way.

I simply stated the obvious which was not demeaning nor objectionabe at all. It's sad it is seen that way. Some of my friends on this forum have in the past been warned for expressing their opinion in a totally undemeaning way, I don't understand why, but I know its because some members can't bear to see the reality of things.

Cheers

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
princeali
post Oct 28 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I think I shouldn't have continued writing about Rafi and given examples of his top position vis a vis others (again as examples). I should have stopped at writing about his 1977-80 period (includng 1979-82). I didn't know the reaction that would occur. I think this should only remain a song sharing thread started by Razia. We have already had many controversies in recent times, no need for another one smile.gif.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Oct 29 2007, 12:32 AM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 3708

“Chikna Chehra Hont Gulabi” ( with Shobha Gurtu, Naseem Chopra, Anwar )

Movie – Duniyadari ( ’77 )
Music – Shankar

Duration – 10:36
Bitrate – 192kbps
Format – MP3

IPB Image
"I live for those who love me, For those who know me true;
For the heaven so blue above me,
And the good that I can do."
+Quote Post

19 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:29 PM