Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

50 years of filmfare awards

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 50 years of filmfare awards
Pradeep
post Aug 11 2004, 08:43 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Year 1984

Chumma de de

It was the year of offbeat cinema. Despite commercial blockbusters like Betaab and Artaar in the line for the top awards, Ardh Satya (Best Film, Best Director), Arth (Best Actress) and Masoom (Best Actor) bagged all the big ones.

Best Actress Shabana Azmi had four nominations—Arth, Avtaar, Masoom and Mandi. There was only one other nominee in the category—Sridevi, for her child-act in Sadma. Best Actor Naseeruddin Shah (Masoom) was not too far behind. He was nominated in the Best Supporting Actor category for both Katha and Mandi.

Gulzar was another of Masoom's beneficiaries— he picked up his eighth trophy with his lyrics for the evocative Tujhse naraaz nahin. Keeping Gulzar company was R D Burman, who got the Best Music Award for his lilting score for the same movie.

Asha Bhosle presented him the trophy and it was a true Kodak moment when he kissed her on stage after receiving it. R D celebrated with another magical jugalbandi with the irrepressible Kishore Kumar. Oh. what a lucky audience.

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Aug 11 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Year 1985

The angry young woman

She didn't attend a Film/are Awards event for all of 23 years... in fact, ever since she entered the industry. Not because she didn't want to; it was just that Aruna Irani had vowed to herself that she would attend only when she won an award. When she finally won the Best Supporting Actress Award for Pet Pyaar Aur Paap and held the trophy in her hands, she admitted, "It was shocking that for more than two decades I wasn't considered worthy of even one award. The last two-three years, I had even given up thinking about it. So when some relatives called to congratulate me. I didn't believe them. I was happy and angry at the same time; angry that it came so late and happy that I'd won!"

Anupam Kher, happily, had no such angst—he took home a Best Actor Award with his debut performance in Sanransh. The film also won the Best Story trophy for Mahesh Bhatt and Best Art Director Award for Madhukar Shinde.

Offbeat cinema scored again with Sparsh, a sensitive love story of a blind man and a widow, which won the Best Film Award for Basu Bhattacharya and Best Director trophy for Sai Paranjpe. Sai also won the Best Dialogue Award for the movie. In addition, Prakash Jha won the Critics' Award for Best Film for his hard-hitting Damul.

Bappi Lahiri, who won the Best Music Director Award for Sharaabi, conducted an orchestra on stage and Best Singer Kishore Kumar joined him on stage with De de pyaar (Sharaabi) and his award-winning Manzilein apnijagah. There was another singer that evening—Best Supporting Actor Anil Kapoor (Mashaal) who tested his vocal chords and floored the audience with a song from Saaheb.

+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Aug 11 2004, 08:47 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Year 1987

Saagar Kinare

The winners for the year 1985 were announced in 1986 and the event was scheduled to be held at the Brabourne Stadium in December '86. Unfortunately the Bombay film industry went on strike in '86 because of its many contentious issues with the Maharashtra Government. So the ceremony was pushed to the next year.
So D-day arrived for the winners of 1985 on 28 January, 1987.

There was definitely one worried soul that year. Kishore Kumar called up before the function to ask, "Are you going to make me sing? Each time you announce an award for me, you make me sing at least six songs before you give me my trophy!" Helpfully, Kishoreda also asked, "What time is the function— I want to be there on time, on the dot." 8.30 pm, he was told. "Fine, I'll be there by 10!" he promised. Don't smile, he was there on the dot of 10 pm.

The one who got away was Amitabh Bachchan, who had promised to come, but could not because he had to air-dash to Delhi (those were his political days). But he requested wife Java to make it. She did, and handed over the Best Film (Ram Ten Gunga Maili) trophy to Randhir Kapoor.

Chief guest Dilip Kumar quipped in his opening speech that he had a hard time deciding what to wear. After all, he was to present a trophy to none less than Raj Kapoor.

Rajji’s protégée Dimple Kapadia, in her comeback year, won the Best Actress Award for Saagar. Dimple was quite a nervous wreck before going on stage—would she be able to carry the heavy trophy, she worried. Her fears were unfounded—she even raised it triumphantly.

Best Actor Kamal Haasan (Saagar) couldn't make it for the big day because it was his daughter Shruti's first birthday. He sent a telegram with great regret though.
Due to unavoidable reasons, the Awards event was not held in 1988 and 1989, so there were no awards given out for 1986 and 1987.

+Quote Post
cyberbond
post Jul 4 2005, 11:38 AM
Post #34

Unregistered

Great ones. Excellent collection
+Quote Post
deep750
post Sep 24 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1875

Have attached the data for all teh filmfare nominees/awards until today (2004), which I have collected and put into one file...

plz note me if any flaws are found

deep

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Filmfare_Awards.pdf ( 213.72 k ) Number of hits: 55 by members

Pain is my Destiny and I can't Avoid it!
Me and my solitude occasionaly talk...
+Quote Post
tracknest
post Oct 7 2005, 04:09 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 3031

Who is the favorite actor for this FF

IF WISHES WERE HORSES THEN BEGGARS WOULD RIDE
+Quote Post
usha
post Oct 7 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 176

It was very interesting going through all the information about the filmfare awards ,especially the post 80's after which,it has become more noise and less substance................until now ..
Thanks a lot Pradeep for all the information, it is worth all the effort u have put in.
+Quote Post
shabbirkumar786
post Nov 18 2006, 05:40 PM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7130

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Aug 9 2004, 09:19 PM) *

The Sizzling 70s

Year 1970

Cabaret and Ray

Glitzy costumes, racy music, thunder thighs, drum rolls... no, it wasn't an item number, just cabaret making its debut on the filmfare stage. However dancer-actress Padma Khanna’s sizzling number, choreographed by Gopi Krishna, didn't go down too well with the audience. The applause alas, was ekdum thanda.

The taaliyan were much louder when Chief Guest Satyajit Ray handed protégée Sharmila Tagore her first Best Actress Award (Aradhana). Sharmila was happily pregnant (with Saif) and husband Mansur Ali Khan was there too, cheering her on.
Incidentally, it took years of pursuing Satyajit Ray to get him to the event. When he finally relented, he admitted, "One of the reasons why I was reluctant to conic was that I would feel out of my depth on such a star-studded occasion as this."

Another first this year was yodelling king Kishore Kumar's trophy for Best Male Playback Singer (Roop tera mastana in Aradhana). Bade bhaiyya Ashok Kumar was thrilled because he'd won the Best Actor Award (Aashirwad) as well. Meanwhile, Yash chopra collected his second Best Director trophy for Ittefaq, though the Best Film went to Shakti Samanta's Aradhana.

And there was one farewell speech. The Filmfare trophy bid an adieu of sorts to Lata Mangeshkar, who won for Aap mujhe achche (Jeene Ki Raah) and decided to opt out of the awards race to make way for new talent.

HEY PRADEEP GREAT WONDERFUL NOSTALGIC STUFF!

TAKE CARE.

BASH.

Tumse milkar na jane kyon aur bhi kuch yaad aata hai...
+Quote Post
jassi
post Dec 30 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Member No.: 7657

can we have information abt 90s awards(not awards/nominees),but just abt stage performances etc

now a days one can easily judge who gonna win..i think kajol will get this year's award..
actresses from yash productions,zohar films and sanjay leela bhansali are getting awards..and only top actresses.. not so top like shilpa shetty(she was deserving for phir milenge)..or tabu for chandni bar..or urmila for pinjar or bhoot...
+Quote Post
lipgloss
post Apr 3 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

Member No.: 10048

Wonderful scans man! cant wait to see more!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RAKESHJOSHI
post Jun 11 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 16579

Attached ImageAttached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:20 AM