Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Vb Series

, Does Pakistan stand a chance ?

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vb Series, Does Pakistan stand a chance ?
aaron_me2000
post Jan 12 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1491

i think imran just said that inspite of being injured inzi supposed to be the part of team after taking pain killer medicine. he put an example in 1992 world cup. he was injured and he played whole world cup's matches after taking pain killer medicine.pak team required an experience holder cricketer this team and if he is a captain it become most important to be a part of team..

aaron
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
princeali
post Jan 12 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

I think Pakistan has a chance to beat Australia if they gel as a team instead of playing as individuals. One day cricket is totally different from test cricket and if you strike form at the right time, anything can happen. Pakistan have a talented bunch of players and this team is capable of giving Australia a fight.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Jan 12 2005, 10:05 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 568

Pakistan have come close to beating Australia last year. They have played well and, with a little more application, can do the Aussies.

http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004/OD_..._28AUG2004.html

http://www.cricket-online.org/scorecard_odi.php?odi=2166

Was actually at the 2nd game.
+Quote Post
jayant
post Jan 13 2005, 10:19 AM
Post #19

Unregistered

It was not Javed's clownish behaviour.He is a too much involved guy.He actually was showing Moin how to move 2 leg side & try hit on the off side.Nothing wrong in that.PPl only made a story out it.There r coaches around who just sit quiet & u will nt b abl 2 see any change in their facial expressions also.Just becos Javed being demonstartive we can't blame him.Yes he also do have few -ve qualities like all human beings.
js
QUOTE(catch22 @ Jan 12 2005, 11:42 AM)
Imran Khan is absolutely right when he says that Inzi should be out of the captaincy role. Inzi is an excellent batsman, but surely captaincy is not his cup of tea. It is obvious to anyone watching the game that he comes poorly as a captain. The present Pakistan team is down in the dumps, it will take some time. They are not a cohesive unit, individually they may be good players but they lack discipline.
One of the comic scenes we could see on TV during the Indo-Pak series was the clownish behaviour of  Javed Miandad from the players enclosure, demonstrating to his team-mates on the field, how to bat.

+Quote Post
aaron_me2000
post Jan 13 2005, 04:05 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

pak team always has top class bowlerlike sarfaraz,imran.waqar,wasim. but this time pak team doesnt have these class bowler who can chnage the match result by his out standing performance as imran and wasim did many time. it has been said that pak has a factory of great bowler.but now it seems to me, that era has gone. i have seen all pakistani bowler's performance but no one could impres me at all.

aaron
+Quote Post
princeali
post Jan 13 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

pak team always has top class bowlerlike sarfaraz,imran.waqar,wasim. but this time pak team doesnt have these class bowler who can chnage the match result by his out standing performance as imran and wasim did many time. it has been said that pak has a factory of great bowler.but now it seems to me, that era has gone. i have seen all pakistani bowler's performance but no one could impres me at all.

aaron

Pakistan has in-fact three match winning bowlers, Shoaib, Sami and Shabbir Ahmed. If you saw the India-Pak series, you will know how damaging Shabbir can be if he's in form. He may not be that quick but he has the ability to move the ball many ways. Sami is a quick bowler and can turn a match on his day, but of late he's not in the best of form. Pakistan will surely miss these two bowlers in the VB series but hopefully they will both be ready against India. Shoaib is the only Pak bolwer right now who is a threat to any team.

Cheers

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Jan 14 2005, 01:50 AM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Shoaib, along with Tendular and Lara, is one of the last true entertainers left in the game. His long, flowing run up is the best sight in world cricket
+Quote Post
orbitor13
post Jan 14 2005, 11:16 AM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1392

bhai log...any one intrested in live weblink of vb series????

YOU CAN KILL ME BUT YOU CANT JUDGE ME...
+Quote Post
aaron_me2000
post Jan 14 2005, 02:58 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE(Akhtar @ Jan 14 2005, 07:20 AM)
Shoaib, along with Tendular and Lara, is one of the last true entertainers left in the game. His long, flowing run up is the best sight in world cricket

tendulkar bat is not firing like five year back. he is now concentratiing to make his average better that is y he is not playing risky shots now-a-days. iam always confuse who is better in sachin and lara. lara has scored two world record innings on the other hand sachin made highest centuries in test cricket. lara is still playing his original game this thing seperate him from others crickter. he is the match winner batsman many time. sachin is match winner batsman too but in most cases it has been seen that when india need sachin he fails.
well! shoaib is no doubt a one of best bowler in present time but he should cut his run up as imran advised him many time.

aaron
+Quote Post
orbitor13
post Jan 14 2005, 10:54 PM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1392

tendulkar bat is not firing like five year back. he is now concentratiing to make his average better that is y he is not playing risky shots now-a-days. iam always confuse who is better in sachin and lara. lara has scored two world record innings on the other hand sachin made highest centuries in test cricket. lara is still playing his original game this thing seperate him from others crickter. he is the match winner batsman many time. sachin is match winner batsman too but in most cases it has been seen that when india need sachin he fails.

still sachin is the best ..as u see perhaps now a days sachin is out of form but it is just a matter of time for the master...though lara has played couple of marathon knocks still sachin is better because of his consistancy and it will be quite clear in upcoming indopak series............

irfan...

YOU CAN KILL ME BUT YOU CANT JUDGE ME...
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Jan 19 2005, 12:28 PM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Pakistan beat Windies by 6 wickets...sets up an interesting must win clash for WI v australia later this week
+Quote Post
aaron_me2000
post Jan 19 2005, 01:04 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

thanks God after long time pak won over windies.
hope they will keep it up in this series.

smile1.gif aaron
+Quote Post
princeali
post Jan 19 2005, 08:10 PM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

It was good to see Pak beat the WI. An impressive performance by Kamran Akmal at the top of the order. Hopefully he will continue his good touch against Australia. Its also good to see Inzi in form with two half-centuries after his back problems and he has to continue to lead by example with the bat. I hope Shoaib's injury is not serious or else Pak's bowling will be weaker than it already is.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
Saj1974
post Jan 19 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Member No.: 644

Even though Akmal made a century, I dont like the idea of him opening. But credit to him he deserve his chance at the top

Now that Hafeez has been reported for his action I can't see him playing a further role in the VB series. Its a great chance for Younis Khan (MYK) to get back into the team.

MYK is great at rotating the strike, finding the gaps and runs well between the wickets, he would be my no.3 as inzi & Yoyo are afraid to bat there.

I would play the following 11 for the next game vs Aussies

Butt
Malik
MYK
Inzi
Yoyo
Razzaq
Akmal
Afridi
Mooda
Rana
Roa/Khalil

We will still have 5 bowlers with the option of butt's friendly leg breaks. Batsaman have done the job in the first two games, the bowling and fielding needs to tighten up.

I am confident we will reach the finals along with Aus.

Regs
Saj
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Jan 19 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

To be quite honest, I do not rate Mohammed Khalil at all. He can't swing it back into the right hander and needs to develop his delivery stride.

I would play

1.Akmal
2.Butt
3.Hameed
4.Inzamam
5.Youhana
6.MYK
7.Razzaq
8.Afridi
9.Azhar
10.Rana
11.Rao
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:08 AM