Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Test 3 : Who Will Make Way For Sachin

, Yuvi/Kaif/Laxman or ???

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Test 3 : Who Will Make Way For Sachin, Yuvi/Kaif/Laxman or ???
Who will make way for Sachin Tendulkar in Nagpur Test
Who will make way for Sachin Tendulkar in Nagpur Test
Yuvraj Singh [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
Mohammad Kaif [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
VVS Laxman [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Sachin? Why he should be in? [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5
Guests cannot vote 
princeali
post Oct 27 2004, 05:04 AM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 134

Once again Martyn showed he is one of the best players in the Aussie side with that classy hundred....it was a priceless innings......and Clarke is showing why he deserves a regular place in this Aussie side.....but with Ponting may be set to return in the last test, who do u drop ?.....Lehmann scored 70 yesterday so you can't drop him, besides he is one of your most experienced batsmen....and Katich has shown in this series that he is one of the best Aussie batsman against quality spin. If the Aussies reach about 450, the Indians will have their work cut out for them, even though the pitch looks a good batting track.....a score of about 400-420 would still be a challenge.....Sachin hasn't had match practice in a while, so the Indians have to come good......it'll be interesting to see how McGrath and company bowl to the Indians.

I think Pakistan has the best upcoming talent as far as the top 3 slots are concerned.. specially the likes of Yaser Hameed, Taufiq Umar, Imran Farhat, Salim Ilaahi, Saman Butt and not to forget Shahid Afridi (on his day he can conquer the world)... and then they have Shoib Malik, who is not as much talented but have been quite useful and succesful in recent times.. but I do believe Pakistan have to have a lethal spinner in the team (of the likes of Saqlain Mushtaq) and they are definately lacking in that department..

as for the lack of discipline is concerned, I think you need at least one player who doesn't play disciplined cricket as such players can turn any match on a specific day.. players like virendra sewag, shahid afridi, ricardo powell and dilhara fernando can destroy any team on their day...but what you need is a cool head on the other side.. the other player is very important.. be its a batsman or a bowler on the other side..

Yes a player like Afridi or Sehwag is always good to have in the side, but those types of players do not always win you matches every time.....discipline needs to be instilled within the team. If you look at Pakistan's performance in the past few months, they have played well in tournaments leading up to the finals but in the cruch matches they have thrown the game away.....for example against the Aussies in Holland, those needless runouts cost them the match, who told them to take quick singles when they were chasing such a small total and well set.....in the ICC trophy, against the West Indies, bad shot selection cost them the match and the pitch which was said to be favouring bowlers was not the deciding factor as the WI managed to pile up runs without losing many wickets......the recently concluded Paktel final where they lost the match....and now the first test against SL.....it seems at times they really want to win and at times they do not seem interested.....Woolmer really has to turn that aspect around.

Yes they have excellent upcoming talent but they need a solid opening pair.....Razzaq as akhtar ji pointed out is not the same bowler as he was a few years ago.....i remember he was knocking down Tendulkar's stumps in Australia back in 99, that is how quick he was....he is better suited for the one day game as he still lacks the proper technique for the longer version......Saqlain's place in the team has been reduced to politics.....a world class spinner like him should be and automatic selection......Malik has the talent as a batsmen, but one thing he has to work on is playing across the line and it is here where he gets cramped....he also needs to improve his bowling......Azhar should be in the test team.....Danish is not bad but he can improve, and Asim Kamal is a good batsmen for the longer version but maybe he should be given a few more tries. As far as their bowling is concerned, Sami and Shoaib are the only two main threats as of now.....but Pakistan have upcoming bowlers that need exposure.....I still think Afridi can merit a place in the test side down the order.....if he bats responisible he can be very dangerous.....his bowling is useful.....those fastish leg breaks are similar to Kumble....and he's a very good fielder....its sad to see he is only being branded as a one day player.....remember his 140 odd against India at Chennai ?.

Prince Ali
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Oct 27 2004, 02:00 PM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 568

Would not have Afridi in the test side. Too rash. I'd rather keep Taufeeq and Imran. Well Moin has been dropped, but I saw Riaz Afridi in the u19 WC, despite being the highest wicket taker, he has a bit of a dodgy action.
+Quote Post
princeali
post Oct 28 2004, 10:13 AM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Would not have Afridi in the test side. Too rash. I'd rather keep Taufeeq and Imran. Well Moin has been dropped, but I saw Riaz Afridi in the u19 WC, despite being the highest wicket taker, he has a bit of a dodgy action.

Agreed Afridi is rash, but i was saying only if he plays with some responsibility, he can be a dangerous player.....he could be of use at say #6.....not as an opener.....besides he gives u a good spin option as a fifth bowler.....Riaz Afridi may be used in the second test now that Shoaib is out.

Prince Ali
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Oct 28 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 568

YEah he is bolwing well today sofar
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:33 PM