Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hollywood Greats

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hollywood Greats
nasir
post Mar 27 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5763

QUOTE(Reeth @ Mar 27 2007, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(nasir @ Mar 26 2007, 10:05 PM) *

AUDREY HEPBURN indeed had the physique of a ballerina. She seemed to be innocence personified. I had the opportunity of watching her in several movies out of which I remember only THE ROMAN HOLIDAY, WAIT UNTIL DARK, and MY FAIR LADY The last two named movies were releaased at EROS Cinema in Bombay. smile.gif MY FAIR LADY ran over thirty weeks there.

NASIR.

P.S. By the way, wasn't it Audrey who made the citation for India's ace Director Satyajit Ray and presented him with an honorary Academy Award?

Thats right nasir , Satyajit Ray was given the Honarary Academy Award for Life Time achievement in 1992, i was not aware of Audrey Hepburn making the citation......Thank you for highlighting this. biggrin.gif

smile.gif Most welcome, Reeth!

Nasir.

NASIR
Teri Khushi me.n Khush Tera banda khidmatgaar hai,
Banda hoo.n mai.n Tera Tuu mera Parwardigaar hai
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Mar 30 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6151

GRACE KELLY (12 November 1929 - 14 December 1982)

Grace Kelly is one of the most admired women in the world.Even to this day, she is upheld as a standard of Beauty, Grace and Style....Both literally and metaphorically Grace Kelly was cinema's Fairy Tale Princess, Extremely Beautiful,Elegant and impossibly Glamorous, she transcended the limits of Hollywood
aristrocracy to attain the power & glory of true royalty....
Born November 12, 1929 in Philadelphia, her father was a wealthy Industrialist...
While in her teens she began modelling and enroled for a course in The American Academy of Dramatic Arts,and began working in television and Broadway plays.....She was offered a bit role in 1949 in the film " Fourteen Hours" and was later signed up for what is considered a Classic now the Westeren " High Noon"...and then followed a series of successful films with MGM and Alfred Hitchcock....

Attached Image

Attached Image Attached Image

Her Talent and Persona influenced the Graet motion picture director Alfred Hitchcock so strongly that he attempted to make other actresses into her image, without success...
She made 3 brilliant classics with Alfred Hitchcock 'Dial M for Murder' 'Rear Window ' and 'To Catch a Thief' .
In 1955 Grace Kelly won the Academy award forBest Actress for her role in 'The Country Girl'..

with co star James Stewart in the Alfred Hitchcock classic "Rear Window"

Attached Image

Attached Image

with Cary Grant

Attached Image

Her memorable films...
High Noon
Mogambo
Dial M for Murder
Rear window
To Catch a thief
High Society

During the filmimg of " To catch a Thief" with Cary Grant on the Riviera she met Prince Rainier of Monaco , followed a fairy tale romance and wedding....
They had three children Caroline, Albert and Stephanie...
The seeming fairy tale life came to an end on September 14, 1982, in an automobile
accident in the mountains of Monaco......

Attached Image

Attached Image

Though she acted in just 11 films in a carrer spanning 6 years, she is never to be forgotten

Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Mar 30 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

Reeth great pictures man. thumbs-up.gif

Here is one from me biggrin.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Mar 30 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(HumTum @ Mar 30 2007, 06:20 PM) *

Reeth great pictures man. thumbs-up.gif

Here is one from me biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Thanks biggrin.gif Really beautiful...

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives

-William James
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 2 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks for the pictures and info on Grace Kelly.
Just like her, she was all grace.
I am reminded that DIAL M FOR MURDER was made in a Hindi version named AITBAR. Dimple Kapadia played the role of Grace Kelly.
The famous dialogue: MOGAMBO KHUSH HUA in Mr. India (Bollywood) seems to have been inspired the tile of Grace Kelly movie MOGAMBO.

NASIR.

NASIR
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 3 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 2 2007, 10:48 PM) *

I am reminded that DIAL M FOR MURDER was made in a Hindi version named AITBAR. Dimple Kapadia played the role of Grace Kelly.
The famous dialogue: MOGAMBO KHUSH HUA in Mr. India (Bollywood) seems to have been inspired the tile of Grace Kelly movie MOGAMBO.

NASIR.

Most welcome Nasir.. biggrin.gif

Have u seen Aitbaar?Is the movie worth watching or is it the usual hash they remake??

-William James
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Apr 3 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

Reeth go for it buddy! Aitbaar was quite a well made movie! sunglasses2.gif
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 5 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(HumTum @ Apr 3 2007, 03:53 PM) *

Thanks HT..........i will try to watch it during the weekend...... biggrin.gif

-William James
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 5 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 3 2007, 03:43 PM) *

NASIR.

Have u seen Aitbaar?Is the movie worth watching or is it the usual hash they remake??

Yes Reeth I've seen AITBAAR not one time but many many times on Video Cassette that I had.
And I'm surprised man. Wasn't it Mukuk Anand who directed the film? Amazing job he has done. I would still like to watch it again.

NASIR.

NASIR
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 20 2007, 03:52 AM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

CARY GRANT ( January 18, 1904 - November 29, 1986)

Cary Grant's name is synonymous with suave male sophistication.It conjures up the ultimate image of " Movie Star ".
He was named the second Greatest Male Star of All Time of American cinema by the american Film Institute.He was noted as perhaps the foremost exemplar of the debonair leading man, Handsome, Witty and Charming...
Archibald Alexander Leach , as he was called was British, born in a poor family,went on to become one of the most famous and admired men in the history of movies in a career that began in 1932 and continued right up until the end of 60's...

Attached Image

Attached Image Attached Image

He had a confused and an unhappy childhood ......was expelled from Grammar school in Bristol,joined a stage troupe and travelled to the United States in 1920...he gave stage performances and started acting in Broadway shows..He was successful in Broadway comedies,came to Hollywood in 1931, where he acquired the name Cary Grant...Paramount studios gave hima chance and in 1932 he made his feature debut
in This is the night...followed by a string of mediocre films...teamed up with Mae west, and finally came up with a major hit in The Awful Truth in 1937, from that point on he starred in a remarkable number of
well crafted films, featuring Hollywood's most talented Directors , actors and writers...He starred in some classical comedies Bringing up Baby with Katherine Hepburn, His Girl Friday with Rosalind Russel, the Philadelphia story again with Katherine Hepburn....
He made four films with Alfred Hitchcock....Suspicion,Notorious with Ingrid Bergman,To catch a Thief with Grace kelly, and North by Northwest, which went on to become one of the most celebrated films in history...

with Ingrid Bergman
Attached Image

With Grace Kelly
Attached Image

Katherine hepburn and Cary Grant
Attached Image

Attached Image

In the mid-50's Cary grant formed his own production company and produced a number of movies such as
Indiscreet, That Touch of Mink,Father Goose...He was nominated for tw academy awards in the 1940's..Finally received a special Academy Award for Lifetime achievement in 1970.
He was married Five times ...throughout his time in Hollywood, Grant was rumored to be homosexual or bisexual, there have been references that he had a homosexual affair with Marlon Brando, which has been neither confirmed nor denied by Cary Grant...

Some of his memorable films

Sinners in the sun
The Woman accused
Thirty day Princess
Born to be Bad
Kiss and make up
Alice in Wonderland
Wings in the Dark
Suzy
The Awful Truth
Bringing up Baby
His Girl Friday
Gunga Din
Philadelphia Story
Suspicion
Arsenic and Old Lace
Notorious
To Catch a Thief
North by Northwest
Houseboat
An Affair to remember
Charade
In all he acted in 72 feature films...

with grace Kelly
Attached Image

Attached Image

With Audrey hepburn in Charade
Attached Image

Attached Image

Ian Fleming stated that he had Cary Grant in mind whn he created his Sauve, Super spy James Bond. Sean Connery was selected for the first Janmes Bond movie because of his likeness to Cary Grant...
In 1981 Cary Grant married his Long time companion Barbara Harris, his fifth wife.They were together until he died of a stroke on November 29, 1986....
He has been voted as one of the Sexiest male stars ever and one of the greatest Star in the history of cinema..

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

-William James
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 20 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks Reeth for great info on Cary Grant. smile.gif
Unfortunately I missed almost all his movies except for the one (I dont know which it is) where he is shown to have children and a new woman enter his life.

NASIR.

NASIR
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Apr 20 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 907

Reeth

Wonderful thread! Thank you all the lovely pics and the info on these dazzling stars. Love watching all these wonderful films esp of the forties and fifites.

Btw, did you know Sabrina was remade Bolllywood style in Chopra's "Yeh Dillagi" starring Kajol, Akshay and Saif. It is the story of two rich brothers, one is a playboy and the other is the dour one and naturally both fall for the girl (who is their driver's daughter).

"This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958)

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

+Quote Post
Aurous
post Apr 20 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7761

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Apr 20 2007, 10:39 PM) *

Reeth

Wonderful thread! Thank you all the lovely pics and the info on these dazzling stars. Love watching all these wonderful films esp of the forties and fifites.

Btw, did you know Sabrina was remade Bolllywood style in Chopra's "Yeh Dillagi" starring Kajol, Akshay and Saif. It is the story of two rich brothers, one is a playboy and the other is the dour one and naturally both fall for the girl (who is their driver's daughter).

Madhz, there've been so many Bollywood movies which are sadly, blatant copies of Hollywood movies...one movie which comes to my mind is the Chandrachur Singh-Arshad Warsi starrer Tere Mere Sapne (complete B.O failure) which was lifted from the 1983 comedy Trading Places starring Eddie Murphy & Dan Ackroyd...

IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 21 2007, 01:46 AM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 5 2007, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(HumTum @ Apr 3 2007, 03:53 PM) *

Thanks HT..........i will try to watch it during the weekend...... biggrin.gif

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 5 2007, 09:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 3 2007, 03:43 PM) *

NASIR.

Yes Reeth I've seen AITBAAR not one time but many many times on Video Cassette that I had.
And I'm surprised man. Wasn't it Mukuk Anand who directed the film? Amazing job he has done. I would still like to watch it again.

NASIR.

I did see Aitbaar....really good,well made movie,good songs....and Dimple looks gorgeous.... wub.gif

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 21 2007, 01:49 AM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Apr 20 2007, 10:39 PM) *

Reeth

I have hardly seen any of the later/new hindi films, in fact i have not seen many....it is only after i joined hf that i started taking an interest in hindi films and music, so my knowledge is limited......but i am learning.... biggrin.gif

-William James
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 03:47 PM