Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sanskaar (1952)

> Sanskaar (1952)
swarapriya
post Jun 1 2009, 09:06 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Sanskaar (1952)

This was Mumtaz's first movie. Unfortunately I have only 2 of the 7 songs from this album. Talat's song came from a CD collection. I am not sure of the origins of Lata's song. It could have been the Forum. If so my thanks.

I am uploading these two songs from this movie. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these if they can.

One of the stars of this movie is Shashi Kapoor. Later when Mumtaz was struggling as an actress and was getting parts only in B-grade movies, someone offered her a role to play heroine opposite Shashi Kapoor. Shashi Kapoor vehemently protested at this decision saying that he doesn't want to act with a B-grade movie actress. Eventually Mumtaz hit it big. Shashi was now ready to act with her. They were together in "Prem Kahani" and "Chor Machaye Shor". Let's hand an F grade to Shashi for his attitude. Talking about hypocrosy ...

Here are the two songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 2 2009, 02:15 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:27 PM