Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Can Not Write Tags Into Audio Files

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can Not Write Tags Into Audio Files
musiclover77
post Mar 26 2008, 03:11 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 40626

QUOTE(Purple_Fairy @ Mar 16 2008, 11:45 PM) *

I have a relatively large collection of songs, so its not really possible
for me to remember singers, year or music directors for all of them...
so i write these info in to the tag...while the song title and film name
stays in the naming of the audio.

but i think certain audio files are protected or for some reason I CAN
NOT WRITE TAGS INTO THEM. it gives a message saying - "unable to write tags".
and it happens with only few or some files, not all.

so how can i write tags into these files.

purple fairy ji,

here's an idea on how to tag quickly.

if the file name itself has the proper information - this becomes very easy. problem is, the file names don't have such inforation so it is tough.

suppose the file name is: tasveer_tere dil_mein_rafi_lata_ salil_1961_ maya

and you've got lots of files listed like this (no problem!)

then search for files with this term: salil. whatever you get, tag them all as salil choudhury.

search for lata. whatever you get, tag them as lata
suppose you now search rafi. you get a song with artist as lata. now you change it to lata, rafi
and the ones without a label you had earlier given e.g. lata, just label it as rafi.

then search for 61 (it gets trick for songs before 1960 since a number like 53 can be confused with duration biggrin.gif )

and label that as 1961.

of course, these search fields are chosen based on knowledge of my music collection. i'm a big shankar jaikishan fan so that is a great search to use and label.

with this technique, i was able to to tag 1000s of files within 2 hours. the only drawbach was that the title itslef had to be done manually (since the title is usually unique to the song whereas 6000 different songs can have rafi as the artist).

of course, this technique only became no good when the file names were like this

track1 laugh.gif

latasolo laugh.gif

dil jo na ke sakah (of course this is fine - but it'd be easier it the title was dil jo na ke sakah rafi bheeghi raat 1966 roshan)

of course, when i share a file, if the file name is only the title, it is because it has been fully tagged.

here's a most interesting point.

uploaders (who are very kind to contribute as they do) take the trouble to post the song details. yet instead of manually doing it = why not manually put that information into tags. then have a software automatically take the tag information and give you a single line that has all that information. same effort, information is posted, but now your files are tagged and the user who has them will also have it tagged. of course we can't make this a rule because not everyone is comfortable with such software. but believe me, it makes my life quite easy - having the computer do all the hard work as it should

biggrin.gif

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Mar 26 2008, 07:51 AM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

QUOTE(Purple_Fairy @ Mar 25 2008, 11:41 PM) *
what i dont unstand is when angel members have no ratio issue, why it makes a difference if they upload or not. simply being active throu post sud do.

Sorry Sis, I do not agree here. If you guys take so much effort to locate and upload with all the details, and just because I paid one paltry sum of 30$ I just come click and download and go ( let alone thanking). impossible.gif Just not fair. If you guys can be so generous then why can't I too make an effort? That is how I who was just interested in Kishore songs is now interested in other singers and albums. My interests have widened and I have learnt to enjoy music and songs of others singers and composers. jump.gif It has given me pure joy. biggrin.gif Now, I go hunting for albums that I would love to share with you all. A sense of obligation in me makes me do that too and I do feel happy when someone like you says - Thanks bro I appreciate it. rolleyes.gif I see from day 1 that I have been here, the amount of effort you take despite your bandwidth problem, staying up late and uploading and preparing the posts ready during day time to upload those songs in the nite. bow.gif
+Quote Post
Sangeet
post Mar 26 2008, 09:45 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 6366

$30 is a steal compared to what I am getting from Mahesh Bhai and Ajayji jump.gif I don't care if Angels donot upload, participation is the key be it post, discussion or upload. I do get annoyed by some angels who just have GBs of download and 0 posts or just post when they want to request angry2.gif

This post has been edited by Sangeet: Mar 26 2008, 09:48 PM

Sangeet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obscure Albums of 60s/70s/80s/90s
Random Obscure Tracks from 70s-90s
Kavita K - Down The Years
Need Info
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Mar 26 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sangeet @ Mar 26 2008, 09:45 PM) *
$30 is a steal compared to what I am getting from Mahesh Bhai and Ajayji jump.gif I don't care if Angels donot upload, participation is the key be it post, discussion or upload. I do get annoyed by some angels who just have GBs of download and 0 posts or just post when they want to request angry2.gif

I saved my skin from the wrath of someone here. wink.gif

By the way, I found something more funny but I will write about that some other time. huh.gif blink.gif
+Quote Post
Sangeet
post Mar 27 2008, 12:16 AM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 6366

QUOTE(HumTum @ Mar 26 2008, 10:15 PM) *

Abhi Kahan. Aapke lie abhi Quiz ka Pitara Aa raha- Singer Identify karne ko. Mere woh wali thread se chipke Rehna laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Sangeet: Mar 27 2008, 12:17 AM

Sangeet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obscure Albums of 60s/70s/80s/90s
Random Obscure Tracks from 70s-90s
Kavita K - Down The Years
Need Info
+Quote Post
Purple_Fairy
post Mar 27 2008, 02:24 AM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5465

QUOTE(HumTum @ Mar 26 2008, 07:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Purple_Fairy @ Mar 25 2008, 11:41 PM) *
what i dont unstand is when angel members have no ratio issue, why it makes a difference if they upload or not. simply being active throu post sud do.

Sorry Sis, I do not agree here. If you guys take so much effort to locate and upload with all the details, and just because I paid one paltry sum of 30$ I just come click and download and go ( let alone thanking). impossible.gif Just not fair. If you guys can be so generous then why can't I too make an effort? That is how I who was just interested in Kishore songs is now interested in other singers and albums. My interests have widened and I have learnt to enjoy music and songs of others singers and composers. jump.gif It has given me pure joy. biggrin.gif Now, I go hunting for albums that I would love to share with you all. A sense of obligation in me makes me do that too and I do feel happy when someone like you says - Thanks bro I appreciate it. rolleyes.gif I see from day 1 that I have been here, the amount of effort you take despite your bandwidth problem, staying up late and uploading and preparing the posts ready during day time to upload those songs in the nite. bow.gif

smile1.gif blush2.gif you have marked all bro.
yes i do all these...take the efforts.

and i also have same policy of enjoying and honoring everyone's songs...

every artist is great and honorable... smile.gif

with effort, hard work and luck one can become a business man but not a poet ...its just god given gift..that cant be totally cultivated from outside..only scholar or artist , patriot or an idealist or a saint is truly respected from heart...others worldly mortals are given importance by brain.

and its nice of you to think of uploading being angel member.

This post has been edited by Purple_Fairy: Mar 27 2008, 02:45 AM
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Mar 27 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sangeet @ Mar 27 2008, 12:16 AM) *
QUOTE(HumTum @ Mar 26 2008, 10:15 PM) *

Abhi Kahan. Aapke lie abhi Quiz ka Pitara Aa raha- Singer Identify karne ko. Mere woh wali thread se chipke Rehna laugh.gif laugh.gif

ohmy.gif sad.gif wacko.gif blink.gif Saza-e-quiz.
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Mar 27 2008, 09:28 AM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Purple_Fairy @ Mar 27 2008, 02:24 AM) *

blush2.gif

Galat emoticon. ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
Purple_Fairy
post May 4 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5465

thanks for the information musiclover77 jee.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 02:42 PM