Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Saat Saath

, Musings & Amusings

146 Pages V « < 28 29 30 31 32 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saat Saath, Musings & Amusings
swarapriya
post May 28 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #436

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Punarjanma (1963) - A Telugu Film

This film was the basis of the 1970 Hindi hit "Khilona". It is loaded with several beautiful songs with Susheela dominating with all but one track. That one song is by Ghantasala and it is an absolute beauty. The song "Poolu Virisenu" by Susheela is another favorite of mine from this album.

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: May 28 2010, 09:20 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post May 28 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #437

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1288

Interestingly, there is a Tamil film called "Punarjanmam" with music by T Chalapathy Rao as well. However, it is from 1961 (earlier than the Telugu film of a similar name). Songs in the Tamil film are beautiful - lots of major hits. However, the tunes are completely different from the Telugu film making me feel like the films were not related beyond the name.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 30 2010, 06:20 AM
Post #438

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Manoj) Woh Kaun Thi? (1964)

Here is one of my favorite albums of the musical genius Madan Mohan Saab. Every song was a chartbuster when the movie was released. These songs continue to live even today because of their impressive melodies. As usual Lata dominates here in this Mohan Saab's album. The three solos she sang here are absolute classics. My all time favorites of Lataji is the song "Lag Jaa Gale". The melody of the composition, the melancholy in Lata's voice, the magic of the words by the great Raja Mehdi Ali Khan, they all combine to make this song one to remember for the ages to come.

I am uploading the songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. In the first post, I am uploading all of the songs from the original sound track album. In the second post I am including several specials.

Now for the details of the songs in this first post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 30 2010, 06:46 AM
Post #439

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Woh Kaun Thi?" ...

I am including several specials in this post. In the song "Lag Jaa" Lata talks about how Madan Saab was gratified with the success of his songs from this film and was anticipating that he probably will win the Filmfare Award for the Best Music Direction. Unfortunately, Madanji lost to Laxmikant & Pyarelal for the film "Dosti". This introduction and the song is taken from the album "Legends: Madan Mohan - The Instinctive Genius (CD 2)".

I am also including a portion of "Naina Barse" that was sung by Madan Mohanji himself. In the introduction to this song, he explains how this tune was composed 18 years before it was actually used for this film. This is also taken from the same album, "Legends: Madan Mohan - The Instinctive Genius (CD 2)".

The third special I am including is of the song "Shokh Nazar". In this Madanji has some choice words of praise for Asha whom he fondly calls her younger sister. This was taken from the album "Legends: Asha Bhosle - The Enchantress (CD 2)".

I am also including Anuradha Paudwal's version songs of all three Lataji's solos. These were taken from her double album "A Tribute to Madan Mohan". Paudwal is on record of saying not so nice words about how Lataji didn't give chance to up and coming singers. But here she is, Anuradha herself ... singing same songs of Lata! When you hear the originals of Lata and compare them to these version songs, you can see the difference. Yes, Anuradha has a beautiful voice. But there is no emotion in her singing and lacks that depth which comes when you sing from your heart out.

Now for the details of the songs from this post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
anand
post May 30 2010, 11:52 AM
Post #440

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7780

thanks again for all the good work
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 30 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #441

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(anand @ May 29 2010, 11:22 PM) *

thanks again for all the good work

Anandji, it is always so good to hear from you. And, you're very welcome indeed. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 31 2010, 07:35 AM
Post #442

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Raaj) Sautela Bhai (1962)

Here is a fine album from Anilda. A noteworthy feature of this album is that Anilda sings a couple of songs, one a duet and the other a trio. All these songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thanks.

Now for the details of these songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 31 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #443

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajendra) Sasural (1961)

Here is a super hit movie from L.V. Prasad. It was based on the Telugu hit "Illarikam (1959)". The story itself was very very loosely based on Sharat's novel "Kashinath". I am not sure whether Sharatji ever imagined that his novel could be made into such an entertainer.

The movie has all the "masala" ingredients that make up for a crowd pleaser. On the top of it the music of Shankar & Jaikishan has some beautiful tracks to go with it. Most of the songs were huge hits when the movie was released with the standout song of the album the led all the charts, Rafi Saab's lovely romantic number, "Teri Pyaari Pyaari Soorat Ko".

I am uploading all songs from the original sound track album in the first post. In the second post I am uploading several extended versions of the songs. Also, after uploading these two posts, I will upload songs from the Telugu film in this section.

Now for the details of the songs from the firts post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 31 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #444

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Sasural (1961)" ...

I am uploading here several extended versions of the songs from this fine album. Some of these were contributed by the Forum members, thank you. The others were ripped from a DVD.

Here are the details of these songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 31 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #445

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Illarikam (1951) - A Telugu Film

Prasad's Hindi hit "Sasural (1961)" was based on this Telugu hit film. Telugu film has several good tracks. I am uploding all songs from this album below. Here is a description of these songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rpnawani
post May 31 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #446

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49669

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 31 2010, 07:35 AM) *

Here is a fine album from Anilda. A noteworthy feature of this album is that Anilda sings a couple of songs, one a duet and the other a trio. All these songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thanks.

Now for the details of these songs and the songs themselves ...

Thanks Swarapriya for sharing this album and other great uploads. I really admire your energy, enthusiasm and your passion for sharing these excellent and some rare albums.

rpnawani
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 1 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #447

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(rpnawani @ May 31 2010, 11:23 AM) *

Thanks Swarapriya for sharing this album and other great uploads. I really admire your energy, enthusiasm and your passion for sharing these excellent and some rare albums.

rpnawani

You're welcome RP, and thank you very much for your kind words. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 1 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #448

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Sunil) Gumrah (1963)

Here is another film from B.R. Chopra that was a huge hit. The subject deals with a husband tormenting his wife to mend her ways because he suspects that she may be unfaithful. The movie boasts some fine performances by Mala Sinha and Ashok Kumar. But it is the music that is the main reason I think that the movie became such a huge winner. It is the combination of Ravi and Sahir again. As has been the case umpteen number of times before this, the music and songs for this film are no exception. Ravi utilizes talents of only two singers here, that of Asha and Mahendra. Mahendra especially comes through shining with several great songs. There are so many great songs in this movie that it is really difficult to single out one over another. All of the solos by Mahendra and his duets with Asha are just outstanding. I have a couple of favorites in this album. The solo by Mahendra "Aa Bhi Jaa" is just an absolute beauty. Very few words. But the way the song was composed and executed is just lovely. Another of my favorite is the duet "Aaja Aaja Re". Great lyrics. Lovely singing. Melodious music. The whole experience becomes such a sweet memory.

Here are the details of the songs from this original soundtrack album and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 3 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #449

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Amitabh) Namak Haraam (1973)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in this directory in the "Muse & Music" thread. They are still active and can be accessed at the following location ...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1060

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 3 2010, 01:41 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 4 2010, 06:35 AM
Post #450

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dharmendra) Anupama (1966)

This beautiful movie was directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee. He was a master of taking some simple subjects and turning them into simply superb movies. There are several examples of this, like “Anari (1959)”, “Anand (1970)”, “Mili 91975)”, and host of others. This film, “Anupama”, is definitely one such movie.

I will count this as one of his top movies. It is one of my favorites. The only way to describe this movie is to borrow its own title.

Sharmila Tagore, stunningly beautiful, gave a smashing performance. From a father-fearing innocent woman to romance awakened lover to a rebellious spirited person, the whole gamut of spectrum of transformation was superbly performed by Sharmila.

Dharmendra gave one of his rare subdued performances. Not since Bimal Roy's "Bandini" that he displayed such a restrained performance. Too bad he did not act in more movies like this one. Instead he ended up as another he-man turned action hero with so many utterly forgettable movies.

Then there is Hemantda's superb music. There are only five songs in this movie. But each one of them sparkles like a gem. He is joined here with some great lyrics penned by Kaifi Azmi. I have several favorites in this album, including Asha's lovely "Bheegi Bheegi Faza", Lata's sweet "Kuchh Dil Ne Kaha", and Hemantda's touching solo "Ya Dil Ki Suno".

Now for the details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

146 Pages V « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 06:07 AM