Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Welcome aboard

, Discuss TV of golden era...

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome aboard, Discuss TV of golden era...
p1j
post Oct 31 2003, 12:17 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

Welcome aboard to Oldies-Goldies forum...
There was a time when most of us had a fevicol bond with the TV sets... When TV menu had some of the best (and not so best) programmes to offer like, Chitrahaar, Evening Feature Films(Regional films and Foreign films specially children films), Quiz Shows (Quiz time, Mashoor Mahal), TV Serials (Ye Jo hai zindagi, hum log, buniyaad, karam chand, Titu-toni's top ten), Foreign dose (Star Trek, Different strokes, famous five ), some of the unforgettable Dramas.. music programmes like Aarohi, Saregama (at its best), Documentaries and news capsules like must see national news at 8.40pm, the world this week, and news track to name a few..
Lets try to recapture some of the moments of that time....
Lets talk!

Pavan Jha
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Oct 31 2003, 12:32 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 13

Also remember Rangoli? And there was this other suspense mystery kind of serial, I forgot the name of it. It had Kiron Kher, Liliput (was that his real name?) - he was this tiny funny looking guy and there was also Sayeed Jafrey. Hum Paanch was quite funny. Then they had started Maha Bharat after Ramayan, then came Chanakya and now they have Shri Krishna, Jai Veer Hanuman and Om Namah Shivaay. Do they still show these? And Door Darshan also showed the "ek anek aur ekta" cartoon video for kids. Kya din the.. *sigh* miss those days. Being away out of India, one misses all these goodies.

Chitralekha

+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Oct 31 2003, 12:41 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Chitralekha, how do you know about all this? Were you in India b4?

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Oct 31 2003, 12:44 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Do you guys remember Chhabili. It had such a catchy theme song.

Naar Naveli Naam Chhabili,
Unmein Hein Matavali,
Josh Bahut Hai, Hosh Magar Kam,
Baat Badi Karadaali.. Naar Naveli...

Karni Baite Kaam Koyi Jab, Uska Kuch Hojaaye,
Apni Jaal Mein Phasi Chhabili, Jab Ko Khub Hasaaye,
Karni.... something... something...

+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Oct 31 2003, 12:56 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (Pradeep @ Oct 30 2003, 11:11 PM)
Chitralekha, how do you know about all this? Were you in India b4?

Haanji. Of course I was smile.gif Been out for only few years.
+Quote Post
p1j
post Nov 1 2003, 01:00 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Pradeep,

I think Chhabili was Indian version of The Lucy show... Mausami chaterjee played the title role, Jayant Kriplani played his husband.. The news is another serial on The Lucy Show is about to make a debute with the title "Hamari bahu malini aiyyar".. Sri Devi playing the title role...

Pavan

+Quote Post
p1j
post Nov 1 2003, 01:12 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Chitralekha @ Oct 31 2003, 12:32 PM)
Also remember Rangoli? And there was this other suspense mystery kind of serial, I forgot the name of it. It had Kiron Kher, Liliput (was that his real name?) - he was this tiny funny looking guy and there was also Sayeed Jafrey. Hum Paanch was quite funny. Then they had started Maha Bharat after Ramayan, then came Chanakya and now they have Shri Krishna, Jai Veer Hanuman and Om Namah Shivaay. Do they still show these? And Door Darshan also showed the "ek anek aur ekta" cartoon video for kids. Kya din the.. *sigh* miss those days. Being away out of India, one misses all these goodies.

Chitralekha

Yes I forgot Rangoli.. my morning breakfast on TV...

As for the Kiron Kher serial is concerned I think you are refering to Isi Bahane... which featured Mazhar Khan, Ratna Pathak and Sushmita Mukherjee too.. apart from some good comic scenes and pretty good performances, the serial also featured a few episode long mushaira with some good ghazals.. I remember Suresh Wadkar singing "Mumkin hai safar ho aasaan". I think this serial was based on some foreign novel and directed by Aanand Mahendru(Idhar Udhar and Dekh Bhai Dekh)

Thanks for reminding...

Pavan
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Nov 2 2003, 09:33 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (p1j @ Oct 31 2003, 07:30 PM)
Pradeep,

I think Chhabili was Indian version of The Lucy show... Mausami chaterjee played the title role, Jayant Kriplani played his husband.. The news is another serial on The Lucy Show is about to make a debute with the title "Hamari bahu malini aiyyar".. Sri Devi playing the title role...

Pavan

Pavan, was it Moushmi or shobha Khote? I remember seeing Shobha Khote. Are we referring to the 8.30 morning 15 min comic serial?

I wonder who will play Ricky biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
p1j
post Nov 3 2003, 01:51 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Pradeep,

AFAIR Chhabili featured Maushami Chaterjee.. I think the one you are refering to is "Dhat Tere Ki" featuring Shobha Khote and Hareesh Patel...
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Nov 3 2003, 03:09 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yes... that was Dhat Teri Ki. Her name was Chhabili in it. So assumed the name to be Chhabili.

+Quote Post
manishw
post Nov 12 2003, 03:53 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 49

Nice to get reminded of the good ol times.. smile.gif

My favourite used to be 'Star Trek' (the original one). Still remember the title..
William Shatner as 'Captain James Kirk', Leonard Nimoy as 'Mr. Spock', Deforest Kelly as 'Dr. McCoy'.
If I still go back to the primary school days then there was this 'Fireball XL5'. Later there were 'He-Man' and 'Spiderman' which had many reruns later on, but it was great when it was aired for the first time. Then there was 'Giant Robot' hehe.. it used to be fun.

Anyone interested in the titles of Star Trek, Fireball, Differetn Strokes, He-Man, Fraggle Rock... i can upload them. Had the Spiderman title too but it got corrupted sad.gif

Also does any one remember the detective serails 'The Old Fox' and 'Shoestring'?

Some more old programmes would include 'Phool Khile Hain Gulshan Gulshan' anchored by Tabassum. It used to be a treat to watch it. We even used to look forward to 'Saptahiki'.. 'Chhayageet' and then later on 'Chitrahaar'.
I used to like Jayant Kripalni who also used to come in quite a few serials. There was one 'Mr Mrs' which had Jayant Kripalni and Archana Puran Singh.

Also anyone remembers an English serial 'Danger Bay' which used to come on Sunday mornings? I used to love its title. Does anyone have it?

I guess that was too much of nostalgia for today tongue.gif

Cheers!
Manish
+Quote Post
Lata
post Nov 13 2003, 05:22 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 69

Here r a few more yeh jo hai zindagi, ados pados, wagle ki duniya, mungerilal ke haseen sapne, then there was a serial on superstitions starring sulabha deshpande, babloo etc... I cant seem to recollect the name of this serial. Does anyone remember??? honee anhonee, Yes, Old fox was very good. Then Fauji and who can forget Vikram aur Vetal. I can still visualise the title song.........

rgds,

Lata
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Nov 13 2003, 10:30 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Kakkaji Kahen ... one of the best performances by Om Puri.

Yogi..... (
Yogi introduces himself to a gal: Y I Yogi?
Girl replies: thatz your problem
)

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
p1j
post Nov 13 2003, 11:21 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Chitralekha,
Sulabha Deshpande's serial on superstitions was Chhoti Chhoti Baatein directed by Bhimsen (Director of film Gharonda)... it also featured Arvind Deshpande..

Pradeep,
Prior to Kakka Ji Kahin, there was another superb serial of Om Puri, Raag Darbaari.. simply one of the best serials... Om Puri later featured in Gulzar's Kirdaar too.. Recently he was seen in Sea Hawks..

Mr. Yogi was a good one.. Mohan Gokhale was fantastic in the title role... unfortunately he is no more....

Manish,

The first Star Trek was just too good..
but Star Trek Next Generation was a big disappointment...
I think Shoestring was Edi Shoestring... Old fox was very good and our own Karamchand was also very interesting...

and there was Street Hawk...

Some british comedies that I remember were The Odd Couple, Yes Priminister and Are you being served..

and who can forget the Lucy and DeeDee's show?

-p1j
+Quote Post
manishw
post Nov 13 2003, 11:37 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 49

QUOTE (Pradeep @ Nov 13 2003, 10:30 AM)
Kakkaji Kahen ... one of the best performances by Om Puri.

Yogi..... (
Yogi introduces himself to a gal: Y I Yogi?
Girl replies: thatz your problem
)

biggrin.gif

Hehe.. Pradeep, that was Y I Patel tongue.gif in Mr. Yogi played by Mohan Gokhale.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:57 PM