Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Query: Chanting Of Gayatri Mantra

, How to do it

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Query: Chanting Of Gayatri Mantra, How to do it
oye_sonu
post Nov 2 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2547

Gayatri mantra is said to be very benefcial. But I have few doubts over the way it shd be chanted.

I searched on net , few sites say that it shd be chanted only at particular time and atleast some no of times.

one site says it can be recited any no of times.

where as one Sanatan site says that it can only be done certain no of times

few sites even claim that if not done properly it can be harmful also.

can anyone guide me with this.

regards

Sonu

forgive me if I miss replying or reading ur post............bit busy :-( !
Duniya ne kitna samjhaya, kaun hai apna kaun paraya
Phir bhi dil ki chot chhupa kar humne aapka dil behalya
Khud hi mar mitne ki ye zid hai hamaari......
sach hai duniya waalon hum hain anari !

......back to basics!!!

My artists :-
Shankar Jaikishan- Composers with magical touch !!

This year we CELEBRATE 60 years of Shankar Jaikishan music . come join the celebrations !
Join the SJ fans group for more information :
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shankarjaikishan/

Join FACEBOOK shankar jaikishan group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123537751015751
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
visuja
post Nov 3 2006, 05:13 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2745

Sonu-ji,

IMO, a prayer is effective when you are at peace and at ease when chanting it smile.gif.
The important thing is if one believes in its power.
If so, I'd say -- chant it at any place, at any time, any number of times that suits you -- but with devotion and concentration smile.gif

Of course, it also helps to know the meaning (at least on a basic level) of the prayer being chanted.
(One of the many sites on the net that explain the mantra --- Gayatri Mantra.
I was pleasantly surprised by the site that hosts the link ! smile.gif)

Good luck.

Vivek

jinhein ataa kii hai tu ne taaqat, unhein hidaayat kii roshnii de
+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post Nov 3 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2547

QUOTE(visuja @ Nov 3 2006, 06:13 AM) *

Sonu-ji,

IMO, a prayer is effective when you are at peace and at ease when chanting it smile.gif.
If so, I'd say -- chant it at any place, at any time, any number of times that suits you -- but with devotion and concentration smile.gif

Of course, it also helps to know the meaning (at least on a basic level) of the prayer being chanted.

Good luck.

Vivek

Thanks a lot Vivek bhai for the reply. smile.gif .

Shayad aapke ans help kare. Aajkal iska hi ans dhond raha hooon but ek do site per iske baare mein conditions likhi hui thi so thoda doubtful ho gaya tha.

check this link on sanatan site

http://www.sanatan.org/weekly/2003/180/cod.htm

Thats why I asked for clarification abt it. I feared I might be doing it wrong way.

More views expected !

thanks again for the reply smile.gif

God bless

Sonu

forgive me if I miss replying or reading ur post............bit busy :-( !
Duniya ne kitna samjhaya, kaun hai apna kaun paraya
Phir bhi dil ki chot chhupa kar humne aapka dil behalya
Khud hi mar mitne ki ye zid hai hamaari......
sach hai duniya waalon hum hain anari !

......back to basics!!!

My artists :-
Shankar Jaikishan- Composers with magical touch !!

This year we CELEBRATE 60 years of Shankar Jaikishan music . come join the celebrations !
Join the SJ fans group for more information :
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shankarjaikishan/

Join FACEBOOK shankar jaikishan group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123537751015751
+Quote Post
justmusafir
post May 10 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

Hello friends, I came to the site searching for gayatri mantra download for my friend when I read this query.

sorry, I have a different opinion based on my personal experience.

In brief, the method is as below: Close your eyes. Sit in a comfortable posture in a sitting mode. No need for an strict posture. chant this mantra. After each chanting open your eyes and look on your body no where else. Then close your eyes and again repeat the mantra and after completion of one chanting open your eyes and look again on your body and continue this process as long as you are comfortable in doing it. This is to be done daily anytime from sunrise (after dawn) to afternoon i.e. 12 noon. It is to be done without any break even on a single day. You can vary the duration like doing daily for 30 minutes, and on a particular day for 5 minutes or so due to bad health or some other compulsions but you can not give it a miss. The reason being that the charging of the body is necessary within 24 hours. If you miss even a single day then consider that it is gone and then consider that you are starting it a fresh for the the first time.

Now I will explain the science. This mantra by Sage Vashisht is very powerful and has been taken from some vedic text the name of which I do not remember at this point of time. These are charged words capable of attracting the cosmic energy from the cosmos required to awaken the energy in the body initially and then the body starts producing that energy required for the soul to take flight and go out of the body to meet the "braham (God)'. It works like this. When we chant the mantra, the vibrations produced by its chanting brings the cosmic energy near to our lips or we can say mouth. Some energy goes into the body when we inhale. the remaining one available near our mouth gets absorbed into our body due to the power of our eye sight when we look at our own body. Hence this process goes on. After many days, (it depends upon physical body, your devotion, the grace of almighty por some other unknown reasons) the inherent energy in the body brought by the soul when it was separated from the God starts awakening and the body starts producing that energy also. You can feel the sensation of the moving of the energy in the body, but when, no body can predict. It may be days, months or years, only God knows.

One thing more. You can not do it in an air conditioned room because for the chanting of the mantra natural air is necessary. some very small open portion of a door, window etc. is sufficient for our purpose.

Don't expect miracles. Everything in the universe is going on its own pace. The same is with the spirituality. the only need is to control your anxiety and once you start don't stop it what ever one may say. If due to some reasons, say guidance by friends, some gurus, or what ever may be, you want to chant some other mantra do that in addition to it. But don't stop Gayatri. There is no conflict of this mantra with any mantra.

I have done my duty, rest is for the almighty.

God Bless you.

Regards
QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Nov 3 2006, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(visuja @ Nov 3 2006, 06:13 AM) *

Sonu-ji,

Good luck.

Vivek

Thanks a lot Vivek bhai for the reply. smile.gif .

Shayad aapke ans help kare. Aajkal iska hi ans dhond raha hooon but ek do site per iske baare mein conditions likhi hui thi so thoda doubtful ho gaya tha.

check this link on sanatan site

http://www.sanatan.org/weekly/2003/180/cod.htm

Thats why I asked for clarification abt it. I feared I might be doing it wrong way.

More views expected !

thanks again for the reply smile.gif

God bless

Sonu

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 20th June 2024 - 08:05 AM