Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Foot Tapping & Heart Stopping Op

, The King of Rhythm

47 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Foot Tapping & Heart Stopping Op, The King of Rhythm
swarapriya
post Jun 22 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(RakeshKumar @ Jun 22 2008, 04:55 AM) *

swarapriya,
Thanks and heartfelt appreciation for these wonderful posts!!

Thanks Rakesh. You're doing your share by posting some of OP's best work yourself too. Cheers. -S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 26 2008, 07:07 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Naya Daur (1957)

Here is another movie for which O.P. Nayyar gave fabulous music that is at once youthful and zestful. This time he had Sahir Saab writing some of the finest lyrics. This was the first of the many movies that Sahir collaborated with Chopra brothers (Bal Raj and Yash Raj) until his death.

For this movie, originally Madhubala was cast opposite Dililp Saab. B.R. paid her advance and shot several weeks of film with her. Then the shooting shifted from Bombay to outdoors in Bhopal. This was the time when Dilip was making advances for Madhubala's affection and it was no secret in the film industry. Because of the extended weeks of shooting scheduled for Bhopal, Madhubala's father became nervous and decided to pull her off the film. Eventhough her love for Dilp was reciprocal, Madhubala decided to stick with her father's decision. Chopra sued Madhubala asking court to honor the commitment she made. But it was evident that the court was not in a hurry to make any decision soon. Chopraji went ahead and replaced Madhubala with Vyjayanti Mala. Dilip Kumar himself was called as a witness to the court that had open proceedings. He testified against Madhubala and her father. It was evident that Madhubala was about to lose the case. In the mean time the film was made, released, and became a runaway hit. There was lot of negative publicity and Madhubala's reputation tarnished and as a result she suffered severely. B.R. Chopra decided to drop the case to save the eternal beauty from further embarrassment and possible conviction.

This was BR's second movie. His first movie, "Ek Hi Raasta" was a huge success. During its jubilee celebrations, BR invited OP Saab to attend the function. One of the highlights of the evening was Punjabi folk dances and Bhangra dances. OP, who was signed to give music for BR's next film, decided to use this type of music as the main theme for the movie. No wonder "Naya Daur" heavily leans on the upbeat Punjabi music.

Akhtar Mirza, the story writer of "Naya Daur", initially approached several producers to make his story into a movie. Those decided not to touch the subject matter included Raj Kapoor, Mehboob Khan, and Subodh Mukherjee. But when BR Chopra heard the story, he at once decided to make it into a movie.

Also, when BR Chopra approached Dilip Saab to act in the movie, he refused thinking that it will not fly. BR was coming off fresh from the success of his first movie "Ek Hi Raasta" which starred Ashok Kumar. Ashok and Dilp Kumar were good friends. Ashok Kumar heard the story and knew Chopra Saab. He pursuaded Dilipji to accept the role. Under his pursuasion, Dilipji reluctantly accepted to play the lead.

Ironically, this movie won Dilip Saab a best actor award from Filmfare. Also, the story by Akhtar Mirza also won the Filmfare award. OP Saab's music also won the best music award. This was the only Filmfare award OP won.

All songs I am upoloading here are from CD. All extended versions are courtesy of the members of the Forum. There is that horse trotting song also present in this movie, "Maang Ke Saath." Apparently there is another solo by Asha is missing. I never heard it and also it is not included in the DVD either. The details of this song are shown in red italics in the table below. If anyone of the members has it, please share with us.

Like "Mughal-E-Azam" this movie was also colorized and re-released in 2004. Whereas the former hit the boxoffice bull's eye, "Naya Daur" couldn't earn the colorization money invested.

As a bonus, I am uploading a Lataji singing OP's song! It is only a snippet, of 45 seconds duration. She sang first few lines of "Uden Jab Jab Zulfen." I am not sure who the male singer with her is. Could it be Rafi Saab?

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 27 2008, 09:37 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 26 2008, 07:14 AM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of Naya Daur (1957) Continued ...

Here are rest of the songs of "Naya daur (1957)" ....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Pratul
post Jun 26 2008, 10:52 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 11464

Swaraprija ji, Excellent uploads again. Thanks.

Just a little correction, Ude Jab Jab Zulfen teri is Asha-Rafi duet, its marked as Asha solo by mistake.
+Quote Post
gop
post Jun 26 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4359

Thanks Swarapriya for one more O.P. Nayyar Classic album.

gop

This post has been edited by gop: Jun 26 2008, 11:56 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 26 2008, 12:01 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pratul @ Jun 25 2008, 10:22 PM) *

Swaraprija ji, Excellent uploads again. Thanks.

Just a little correction, Ude Jab Jab Zulfen teri is Asha-Rafi duet, its marked as Asha solo by mistake.

Thanks a bunch Pratul ji for finding the error. I made the correction and the modified table reflects this.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 26 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(gop @ Jun 25 2008, 11:17 PM) *

Thanks Swarapriya for one more O.P. Nayyar Classic album.

gop

Great. Good music is bonding, isn't it?

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 29 2008, 04:34 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Tumsa Nahin Dekha (1957)

This movie had several firsts. This was the first directorial venture for Nasir Hussain who hitherto was a writer. He worked for Filmistan's earlier hits like "Munimji" and "paying Guest". Nasir Hussain also wrote the story, screenplay, and dialogues apart from directing the movie.

Another first was that it was Ameeta's turn to be a heroine. Before this she only appeared in smaller or supporting roles. The studio owner Tolaram Jalan was convinced that she has bright future. Ameeta became his protegee. He decided to give her the break with this movie. The director knew this and the emphasis was on to show her on the screen in nice makeup with extra lighting. The publicity of the movie was carefully planned around her. When the movie was released and became a huge hit, it was not Ameeta but it was Shammi Kapoor who ran away with all the laurels. This was a breakthrough movie for Shammi.

Shammi who came into the movies in early 50's had an opportunity to act with top leading ladies. Unfortunately for him, most of these flopped. One of these was a movie called "Coffee House". His costar in this movie was the versatile Geeta Bali. During the shooting of this movie they fell in love and married against the wishes of Kapoor clan. It was Geeta Bali who pursuaded and then encouraged her husband to change his persona and transform into someone like Elvis Presley or James Dean. Taking this cue, he took the assignment on for "Tumsa Nahin Dekha". He shaved his mustache for the movie and promoted himself as a "Rebel Star". (Remember James Dean's classic movie called "Rebel Without A Cause"? Shammi even combed his hair to look like Jimmy Dean.) On the top of this, OP provided the exact music he was looking for. After this movie, for the new Shammi Kapoor, there was no turning back.

Incidentally, Ameeta was offered by Mehboob Khan to play the role opposite Rajendra Kumar in "Mother India". Ameeta was convinced that she will be obscured by Nargis's enigmatic presence in the movie and decided that it was time for her not to play second fiddle any more. She declined the role. She did get an opportunity to play the lead in "Tumsa Nahin Dekha". She acted in few other notable movies including "Goonj Uthi Shehnai" and "Mere Mehboob". But she never got the recognition she thought she was due and decided to retire early from films.

Sahir Ludhianvi was originally hired to write songs for this movie. However, he developed some differences with Nasir Hussain. He decided not to write the songs. He already wrote one song, the title song. That remained in the movie. Then Nasir Hussain hired Majrooh Sultanpuri. Their association lasted several decades where R.D. Burman, O.P. Nayyar, and other music directors had the benefit of providing many hits to the lyrics of Majrooh Saab for Nasir Hussain movies.

All songs of this movie are from CD except the exteded version of "Sar Par Topi". This was ripped from DVD. There is a small click some 44 seconds into this song, otherwise it is fine. The extended version contains in the end OP trademark "clapping" music compared with the regular version. That is the only difference.

Now for details of the songs and songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 29 2008, 04:37 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
vijay
post Jun 29 2008, 08:35 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Member No.: 558

Swarapriya Ji,

Your enthusiasm and energy for u/l is commandable. You back that up with choicest songs from the yester years. I feel HF members are really fortunate to have someone like you. I hope you never get bored and tired of providing these gifts to HF members.
Thanks .

Vijay
+Quote Post
kamalamohanty
post Jun 30 2008, 12:16 AM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8424

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 26 2008, 07:14 AM) *

The missing song is here.

Ik deewana aate jate hamse chhed kare-Asha Bhosle

Bit Rate:128kbps
Track Duration:0:03:05
Format:mp3

Kamala Mohanty
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 30 2008, 05:30 AM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(vijay @ Jun 29 2008, 08:05 AM) *

Swarapriya Ji,

Your enthusiasm and energy for u/l is commandable. You back that up with choicest songs from the yester years. I feel HF members are really fortunate to have someone like you. I hope you never get bored and tired of providing these gifts to HF members.
Thanks .

Vijay

Hello Vijayji,

It is always a great tribute when a fellow music lover takes time to appreciate things that you love and love to do. Therefore, boring is definitely out of question. However, tiring may be another matter. Only time will tell.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jun 30 2008, 05:30 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 30 2008, 05:37 AM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(kamalamohanty @ Jun 29 2008, 11:46 AM) *

Kamala Mohanty

Kamalaji,

You'r absolutely fantastic. I was always under the impression that this is a non-existent song. Also, this is the first time I realized that Sahir Saab wrote two songs, not one. Great upload. I guess more you think you know, it is always proves that you really don't know as much as you think you do. Very very humbling experience indeed.

Yet, I love it. Lots of cheers to you.

Thanks,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
RajanCS
post Jun 30 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 53432

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 22 2008, 06:42 AM) *

Naya Andaz (1956)

Here is another beautiful album from the maestro O.P. Nayyar. Shamshad Begum and Kishoreda are the stars of this album with able support coming from Rafi Saab. There are some melodious duets by Shamshadji and Kishoreda, the most famous being "Mere Neendon Mein Tum".

I am uploading 11 songs here, all from CD. There is one song missing. The name of the song is displayed in red italics in the table shown below.

Now for the details of the songs and songs themselves ...

Swarapriya,

Thanks a lot for uploading these delightful songs of OPNayyar

Rajan
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 1 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 29 2008, 05:07 PM) *

QUOTE(kamalamohanty @ Jun 29 2008, 11:46 AM) *

Kamala Mohanty

Kamalaji,

You'r absolutely fantastic. I was always under the impression that this is a non-existent song. Also, this is the first time I realized that Sahir Saab wrote two songs, not one. Great upload. I guess more you think you know, it is always proves that you really don't know as much as you think you do. Very very humbling experience indeed.

Yet, I love it. Lots of cheers to you.

Thanks,
Swarapriya

Kamalaji,

With so many threads going on I got a bit confused. I thought the song you uploaded was from "Tumsa Nahin Dekha". Hope my above comments make some sense now. Now I know it is from "Naya Daur". Of course, Sahir Saab wrote all the lyrics for it.

Thanks again for sharing this song.

Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 1 2008, 11:22 AM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(RajanCS @ Jun 30 2008, 10:14 AM) *

Swarapriya,

Thanks a lot for uploading these delightful songs of OPNayyar

Rajan

Rajan, as always, you're very welcome indeed. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post

47 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:00 PM