Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi :)

, Sukh karta Dukh harta ....

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happy Ganesh Chaturthi :), Sukh karta Dukh harta ....
Chitralekha
post Sep 23 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

QUOTE(unni @ Sep 23 2004, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Sep 23 2004, 12:36 PM)
QUOTE(unni @ Sep 23 2004, 09:33 AM)
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Sep 23 2004, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE(preety @ Sep 23 2004, 09:18 AM)
2nd one....
do you people know we should never keep a photograph or "Murti" of dancing ganesha in our home or working area it brings bad luck....

Really??????

I did read about placing statues of Shri Ganesh with his back towards the outside of the home for not bringing badluck. I have dancing statue in my pooja. What should I do? ohmy.gif

Heard about not keeping a copy of "Mahabharat" at home. Any input on that? (I believe, traditionally the Mahabharat kathas were narrated and heard at the temple).

I have copies of Shri Bhagwat and Bhagwad Geeta. Actually I have my own copy of Bhagwad Geeta and so does everyone else at home. Isn't that part of Mahabharat? Not to mention I have entire VHS collection of Mahabharat at home. And it happens at home too. :|

Not that I am superstitious (but then everybody claims that!). But it is precisely the VHS collection that brought up the subject with some friends. I mentioned wanting to order it. They said they had had it, that they went through bad times, that an elder had advised and they had disposed it off in some manner, that their circumstances changed for the better after that.

The Gita is a only part of the Mahabharat. Most of us have it in some form or another. But as per the superstition, having the entire Mahabharat at home leads to friction, "warfare".

Ever heard about it? Is it some kind of traditional, conventional belief?

Never heard of it. Infact we got copy of the TV series from my uncle. My aunt has it too. All three families do have quite some hardships in life. May be it is that. Yea I am also superstitious when it comes to certain things.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
unni
post Sep 23 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Sep 23 2004, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE(unni @ Sep 23 2004, 09:45 AM)
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Sep 23 2004, 12:36 PM)
2nd one....
do you people know we should never keep a photograph or "Murti" of dancing ganesha in our home or working area it brings bad luck....

Really??????

I did read about placing statues of Shri Ganesh with his back towards the outside of the home for not bringing badluck. I have dancing statue in my pooja. What should I do? ohmy.gif

Heard about not keeping a copy of "Mahabharat" at home. Any input on that? (I believe, traditionally the Mahabharat kathas were narrated and heard at the temple).

I have copies of Shri Bhagwat and Bhagwad Geeta. Actually I have my own copy of Bhagwad Geeta and so does everyone else at home. Isn't that part of Mahabharat? Not to mention I have entire VHS collection of Mahabharat at home. And it happens at home too. :|

Not that I am superstitious (but then everybody claims that!). But it is precisely the VHS collection that brought up the subject with some friends. I mentioned wanting to order it. They said they had had it, that they went through bad times, that an elder had advised and they had disposed it off in some manner, that their circumstances changed for the better after that.

The Gita is a only part of the Mahabharat. Most of us have it in some form or another. But as per the superstition, having the entire Mahabharat at home leads to friction, "warfare".

Ever heard about it? Is it some kind of traditional, conventional belief?

Never heard of it. Infact we got copy of the TV series from my uncle. My aunt has it too. All three families do have quite some hardships in life. May be it is that. Yea I am also superstitious when it comes to certain things.

Dekha na? Now I'm gonna get my VHS set for free. Send it to me, no? Let me take away all the hardships! tongue.gif

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Sep 23 2004, 10:29 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

No wayyyy! biggrin.gif Chalo achha hai na jitna hardship abhi bhugat le utna bure karmo ka phal milta jaaye. Phir paap-karma bhugatne ke liye doosra janm na lena pade.
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Sep 23 2004, 10:31 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

The way I see it...

There are hardships in every body's life. It's all a part and parcel of life - cyclical in nature, if anything Karma decides our fate, not statues and books.

About Mahabharat - you can't read it in it's entirety. That's what I have heard.

But yes... superstition does get the better of us doesn't it?

smile1.gif

T

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
unni
post Sep 23 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Sep 23 2004, 12:59 PM)
No wayyyy! biggrin.gif Chalo achha hai na jitna hardship abhi bhugat le utna bure karmo ka phal milta jaaye. Phir paap-karma bhugatne ke liye doosra janm na lena pade.

Remember, just remember, I had cautioned you. sad1.gif The great philosophers were called insane in their days.

"Jo ho jab jab hona hai, so so tab tab hota hai". sad1.gif

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Lata
post Sep 23 2004, 10:40 PM
Post #21

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 69

QUOTE(preety @ Sep 23 2004, 09:58 PM)
please do post a link i would like to see... this is my fav topic smile1.gif "Spirituality"

Gajanana Shree ganaraya aadhi vandu tujha morya bow.gif
Lovely pics. Does any one have the Ashtavinayak photos?
+Quote Post
unni
post Sep 23 2004, 10:40 PM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Sep 23 2004, 01:01 PM)
The way I see it...

There are hardships in every body's life. It's all a part and parcel of life - cyclical in nature, if anything Karma decides our fate, not statues and books.

smile1.gif

T

The word "Karma" is usually translated as "Fate". But as expressed in Chitralekha's post it would also imply "karm", yaani ke "action" --- good or bad.

The more bhala karm you do (the more uploads you do) so also thou shalt be blessed and benefited, eventually with a place in musical heaven.

Anurag: Please incorporate this piece of wisdom in the text-book of the HF Institute for Higher Learning.

(Signed) Maha-prabhu Unni-ananda

+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Sep 23 2004, 10:43 PM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ah girls, lovely Ganpatis... I love 'em and collect statues. there's another superstition, you shouldn't buy them, they should be gifted to you... (hint! hint!!!)

I had seen one at a friends home (they had just bought this apt and the previous owners were still in residence). It was made of the petals of that red flower (in the white Ganpati's trunk) - what is that flower called? Gosh I am getting OLD!

The Bhagvad Gita though a part of Mahabharat is a holy book and one should always have one in the house.

T

+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Sep 23 2004, 10:49 PM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Sep 23 2004, 10:13 AM)
Ah girls, lovely Ganpatis... I love 'em and collect statues. there's another superstition, you shouldn't buy them, they should be gifted to you... (hint! hint!!!)

I had seen one at a friends home (they had just bought this apt and the previous owners were still in residence). It was made of the petals of that red flower (in the white Ganpati's trunk) - what is that flower called? Gosh I am getting OLD!

The Bhagvad Gita though a part of Mahabharat is a holy book and one should always have one in the house.

T

U mean jasood? I dunno what it's called in English.

What happens if the buy the statues?
+Quote Post
unni
post Sep 23 2004, 10:53 PM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Sep 23 2004, 01:19 PM)

T

Very very dangerous, until you part with the VHS.

+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Sep 23 2004, 10:55 PM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yeah jasood...

Bad luck if you buy ganpati statues for your own home ... smile1.gif I try not to be superstitious, but I have stopped buying statues ever since I heard that. smile1.gifsmile1.gif

T

+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Sep 23 2004, 11:05 PM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(unni @ Sep 23 2004, 10:23 AM)

T

Very very dangerous, until you part with the VHS.

Hehe good one! actually just talked to my dad who helped make the copies. He said he has left out quite a few episodes in those VHS. Appearantly he knew about not having the whole thing in home. He hasn't copied the whole thing.

Thanks for the warning though. I will try and do as much as good karma in this janm - will upload more than what I download wink2.gif
+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Sep 23 2004, 11:07 PM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Sep 23 2004, 10:25 AM)

Yeah jasood...

Bad luck if you buy ganpati statues for your own home ... smile1.gif I try not to be superstitious, but I have stopped buying statues ever since I heard that. smile1.gifsmile1.gif

T

Mum bought a nice statue of relaxing Shri Ganesh, with his elbow on a big pillow and his one foot up the other knee. I will have to let her know.

Am happy, my last bday gift was little statue of Shri Ganesh from a dear friend. smile1.gif
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Sep 23 2004, 11:09 PM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I have several that I have bought, I refuse to part with them, I am sure Ganesh ji understands smile1.gif

T

+Quote Post
preet
post Sep 23 2004, 11:16 PM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 429

QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Sep 23 2004, 10:06 PM)
2nd one....

Really??????

Btw, I do know that one must perform pooja for the Shri Ganesh with his trunk curved towards his right side. Aise Ganesh ji ko apooj nahin rakh sakte.

yes my nanaji told me that mahaabharat was a fight between brothers so we shouldnt keep it at home else "ghar parivaar main kaleh hota hai" ok another saying is we shouldnt keep more then two ganesh in one room relaxing ganesha is the best:) aur kuch puchnaa hai balak baalikaaon mere ko bahoot kuch pataa hai in sub topic ke baare main...... i belong to a kattar pandit family with forfathers who were purohits rollf.gif

"When beauty talks, nobody notices what grammar it uses"
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 03:07 PM