Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shair Aur Sargam

, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists

143 Pages V « < 70 71 72 73 74 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shair Aur Sargam, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists
swarapriya
post Nov 14 2014, 08:37 PM
Post #1066

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Rajinder Krishan) Shatranj (1956)

This is an old fashioned revenge drama that was very predictable and done unevenly. For these reasons it does not hold your interest that long. It was saved by an occasional good song. The song “Hawa Hai”, both versions, tops the list. The first half of these two songs is identical except for the music arrangement. The first one has beautiful whistle associated with most of the song. The second version has no whistle accompanying it. Here are both these versions of the song and the rest of the songs from this album…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 16 2014, 06:22 PM
Post #1067

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shailendra) Anari (1959) - Post 1 (Songs)

This Hrishikesh Mukherjee directed film was overdramatic in many instances yet at the same time undeniably it was engaging as well as entertaining. It had excellent acting by all the principals. Especially the emotional scenes between Lalita Pawar and Raj Kapoor just win you over. Both of them were recognized for their performances with Filmfare Awards. In spite of the heavy undermining theme the movie moves on easily forward because it was helped by a great score by Shankar & Jaikishan. All songs from the film became chartbusters. S&J, lyricist Shailendra for the song “Sab Kuchh”, and the playback singer Mukesh for the same song also won Filmfare Awards. The movie also won the President’s Silver Medal.

The veteran actor Motilal played as Nutan’s uncle in the film. Nutan’s mother Shobhana Samarth and Motilal lived together in real life.

I am uploading these and other songs from the film, some music clips, and instrumentals of some of the popular songs in four separate posts. Here is the first set of songs…

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 16 2014, 06:40 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 16 2014, 06:26 PM
Post #1068

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Anari (1959) - Post 2 (Music Clips)

Here are some of the music clips from the film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 16 2014, 06:34 PM
Post #1069

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Anari (1959) - Post 3 (CD Instrumentals)

Here are instrumentals of some of the popular songs from the film from various CD collections...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 16 2014, 06:40 PM
Post #1070

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Anari (1959) - Post 4 (Video Instrumentals)

These instrumentals of some of the popular songs from the film are from video collections...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 18 2014, 07:52 PM
Post #1071

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shakeel) Zindagi Aur Maut (1965)

Faryal, the leading lady of this film, was introduced in this film. Interestingly she made about 40 plus films but never made much of an impression on the moviegoers. One notable film she was in was ‘Jewel Thief (1967)”.

N.A. Ansari, besides acting as a baddie, also produced and directed the film. The music was by Ramchandra. One song, “Dil Laga Kar”, both female and male versions, topped the charts. Even now these two versions of the song are lovely to listen to. Here are these and others from this film…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 22 2014, 05:30 AM
Post #1072

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Anand Bakshi) Sunehre Kadam (1966)

A prank played too many times starts out as a fun thing but in the end turns out deadly with tragic sequences. This was the essence of the story behind this film. Shashikala played the prankster who was under the impression that she was playing a harmless game. Rehman played the victim who has to pay a very high price with tragic consequences. The movie had two music directors, Bulo C. Rani and S. Mohinder. There are several good songs in the film.

A brief note about the music director Rani (his picture attached below). He started his career as an assistant to Khemchand Prakash. Later he worked under Gyan Mukherjee. After that he became an independent music director. His first was a 1946 film “Dharti”. One of the finest films of Rani Saab was the hit film “Jogan (1950)” in which Geetaji sang 11 solos and a duet. The last Hindi film he composed music for was “Sunehre Kadam” the songs of which I am uploading in the next post. He gave music for over 60 films yet his contributions went unnoticed.

Bulo C. Rani Saab’s work in over 60 Hindi films spanning a career of 25 years had created over 400 songs. Many of these songs became hits. Yet by 60’s his kind of music was not much relevant to many producers. He struggled in his last few years as the neglect from the industry for which he gave so much of his life was hard to take. He committed suicide by falling off a tall building in May 1973. He died unsung as his death was hardly noticed by the public as well as press alike.

One of his famous qawwali is “Humein Toh Loot Liya Husnwaalon Ne” sung by Ismail Azad Qawwal from the film “Al-Hilal (1958)”. Lyrics are by Shewan Rizvi. I am uploading this evergreen qawwali below. Songs from “Sunehre Kadam” are uploaded in the next post…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 22 2014, 05:36 AM
Post #1073

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs from "Sunehre Kadam (1966)"

Here are some fine songs from this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 23 2014, 01:34 AM
Post #1074

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Pehla Pehla Pyar (1958)

Sometime back some of the songs from this film were uploaded elsewhere in this very thread. If anyone is interested I will be happy to upload them again...

+Quote Post
coolkee
post Nov 23 2014, 03:56 PM
Post #1075

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30564

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 22 2014, 09:04 PM) *

Sometime back some of the songs from this film were uploaded elsewhere in this very thread. If anyone is interested I will be happy to upload them again...

Dear Swarapriya Ji

You can make very happy if you re-upload the songs.Please...

Thank you
Coolkee
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 23 2014, 11:44 PM
Post #1076

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(coolkee @ Nov 23 2014, 02:26 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 22 2014, 09:04 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya Ji

You can make very happy if you re-upload the songs.Please...

Thank you
Coolkee

The three songs I have from this film are in the next post. Cheers...

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 23 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #1077

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I have only three songs from this film. The song "Akka Bakka" is due to the courtesy of our member, Romeshji. Thank you very much Romesh. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. If anyone can share these with rest of us I will be much thankful to them.

Here are the three songs I have from this movie...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
coolkee
post Nov 24 2014, 04:00 PM
Post #1078

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30564

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 23 2014, 07:21 PM) *

I have only three songs from this film. The song "Akka Bakka" is due to the courtesy of our member, Romeshji. Thank you very much Romesh. The missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. If anyone can share these with rest of us I will be much thankful to them.

Here are the three songs I have from this movie...

Thanks you so much
coolkee
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 24 2014, 08:34 PM
Post #1079

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(coolkee @ Nov 24 2014, 02:30 AM) *

Thanks you so much
coolkee

You are very welcome. Cheers.

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 24 2014, 08:41 PM
Post #1080

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Javed Akhtar) Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe (1998)

The great music director Bhupen Hazarika joined hands with another great lyricist Javed Akhtar Saab to come up with songs for this album. The net effect is that there are some different sounding good songs in this album. My favorite of the album is the sweet song “Aayee Neend Dheere Se”, magnificently sung by Kavita. Here is this and the rest of the songs from this fine album…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

143 Pages V « < 70 71 72 73 74 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:02 PM