Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

K. Vishwanath

, A Telugu Legendary Director

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> K. Vishwanath, A Telugu Legendary Director
swarapriya
post Jul 9 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #76

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(surhall @ Jul 8 2009, 10:51 PM) *

sangeet ka safar

Ghantasala ji

When Ghantasala sang his first solo hit 'Gazula Pillai', few would have imagined that here was a voice that wou1d dominate Telugu film music for the next quarter century. Recipient of the Padmashri, this beloved son of Andhra sang over 10,000 songs, and composed for over a thousand.

dhall

Thanks for the information Dhall ji. Cheers. -S

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 10 2009, 04:04 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 10 2009, 04:17 AM
Post #77

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Shubha Lekha (1982)

This was the movie in which Vishwanath cast an up and coming Chiranjeevi in the lead. The role called for the hero to be an all-purpose man with several talents including classical dancing. Later on when the role demanded such a role, Vishwanath went for Kamala Haasan.

This movie was later remade in Hindi as Shubh Kaamna by Vishwanath.

Again both KVs work together for this movie with some beautiful results. I am missing two songs from this album. These are shown in red italics in the table below. If you have them, please share them with us.

Now here are the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 10 2009, 04:23 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
venkat
post Jul 14 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #78

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6841

QUOTE(ragam-tanam-pallavi @ Jul 9 2009, 07:02 PM) *

Venkat garu :

*kaan pakring naak ragding*
I agree Artham ai chavavu is much more effective biggrin.gif

R-T-P garu,

No worry. Even what I said was still a little off the original!! biggrin.gif

It is actually, "Yaamito, Aayana Paate Kadu Aayana Maata Kudaa Ardhamayi Chhhhaaaaavadu Naaku"! rolleyes.gif

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 16 2009, 11:11 PM
Post #79

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Neramu Shiksha (1973)

I am not much familiar with this Vishwanath's movie. Actor Balayya produced and starred in this movie that also starred Krishna. I have no information about who the lyricists are. If anyone of you have this information, please kindly share. Thanks.

Here are the songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Jul 17 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #80

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

SP..i saw this film when i was a kid. The film is produced by balaiah who played a powerful character in the film. Krishna , a spoilt Zamindar kid kills someone in a road accident. the crime was thrown on Balaiah, the driver who goes to jail. his family suffers a lot..and Balaiah comes out of jail with a vengeance...The film was a big hit in those days.
The lyricist should be Veturi.......will confirm again.

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 21 2009, 03:39 AM
Post #81

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Nindu Dampatulu (1971)

Here is another early Vishwanath movie with music by T.V. Raju. There are some fine numbers in this album. The details of the songs are given below. I am missing the name of a female singer for one of the songs. Also, I don't have the names of lyricists. If someone can help fill these gaps, it will be great.

Now for the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
venkat
post Jul 21 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #82

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 21 2009, 03:39 AM) *

Nindu Dampatulu (1971)

Here is another early Vishwanath movie with music by T.V. Raju. There are some fine numbers in this album. The details of the songs are given below. I am missing the name of a female singer for one of the songs. Also, I don't have the names of lyricists. If someone can help fill these gaps, it will be great.

Now for the songs ...

Many thanks, SP.

This film, Nindu Dampatulu (meaning Whole or Wholesome Couple), was released when I was in my engineering college at Visakhapatnam.

Some of my naughty friends used to say that Savitri and NTR had lived up to the film's title, as they were so full that they occupied the entire screen!! biggrin.gif

Just a flashback from past. No offence meant. smile.gif

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Jul 21 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #83

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Venkat... laugh.gif It is a fact. Unfortunately both were in that phase.

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 21 2009, 03:39 AM) *

I am missing the name of a female singer for one of the songs.

SP..there are two female singers. One is Suseela ...no idea about the second. will try to find out..

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 28 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #84

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

President Peramma (1979)

Here is a "small" movie from Vishwanath. I was able to procure an LP of this movie from a friend but I could get only three songs from it. It had a fourth song that was damaged. It has been very difficult to find songs of this movie. Apart from the three songs I am uploading, there are at least two others that are missing. These are shown in red italics in the table below. There may be other songs too that I am not aware of. If anyone of you have the missing songs, please share.

I was curiuous about the title of the movie. I do have some deatils. Peramma, an uneducated villager, enters village politics and eventually ends up as the president of its panchayat. That is how the title came about. I have posted the picture of the lady, Kavita, as Peramma in the table below.

Here are these three songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 28 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #85

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Films of Vishwanath - An Update

We have started this thread on June 1, 2009. In about two months are so we have uploaded songs for 43 movies. There are altogether 53 movies that were directed by Vishwanath. But one of these, "Swaraabhishekam" was released in 2004. Songs for this are available but they cannot be uploaded per the Board rules (no songs from 2000 onwards). Of the remaining 52, one of them is a Tamil movie. We are missing albums of this Tamil movie, seven Telugu albums, and a Hindi album.

An updated table is shown below where everything shown in red is already uploaded. The ones shown in black are the missing albums. For some of these Telugu movies, I have just one song that are part of some CD collections. Otherwise I don't have anything else to share.

My request to the members is to share the songs from these missing albums, if they can. It was a pleasure doing this thread because it gave me an opportunity to enjoy some really excellent Telugu film music.

Cheers.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Jul 28 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #86

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

SP...this is an awesome thread..and your effort is magnificent. Will try to get those songs / albums missing from your thread. It has been wonderful going through your posts..thank you. bow.gif

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
kishor
post Aug 2 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #87

Group Icon

Member No.: 51348

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 28 2009, 08:31 AM) *

President Peramma (1979)

Here is a "small" movie from Vishwanath. I was able to procure an LP of this movie from a friend but I could get only three songs from it. It had a fourth song that was damaged. It has been very difficult to find songs of this movie. Apart from the three songs I am uploading, there are at least two others that are missing. These are shown in red italics in the table below. There may be other songs too that I am not aware of. If anyone of you have the missing songs, please share.

I was curiuous about the title of the movie. I do have some deatils. Peramma, an uneducated villager, enters village politics and eventually ends up as the president of its panchayat. That is how the title came about. I have posted the picture of the lady, Kavita, as Peramma in the table below.

Here are these three songs ...

Swarapriyaji,

Is the song Aata aaginda oka seetu from the film president peramma different one than the Paata Aaginda oka seetu govinda from the film collector janaki.

Kishor
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 2 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #88

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(kishor @ Aug 2 2009, 09:26 AM) *

Swarapriyaji,

Is the song Aata aaginda oka seetu from the film president peramma different one than the Paata Aaginda oka seetu govinda from the film collector janaki.

Kishor

Kishor ji,

Interesting. The songs seem to be the same except for some mutation of the words. I couldn't tell. May be someone else can help clarify the situation.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Aug 18 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #89

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 10 2009, 04:17 AM) *

Shubha Lekha (1982)

I am missing two songs from this album. These are shown in red italics in the table below. If you have them, please share them with us.

SP..the song " marugela oh Raghava" from this film Subha Lekha was released with the film " Saptapadi" ! i found this only today..and was amazed at this. May be the producer / Director / MD team was the same. And you have already uploaded this song in Saptapadi album... smile.gif
Will find out about the other missing song. I would be happy to help you out because am sure you will preserve and share them with care. This wonderful music deserves it...

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 02:58 PM