Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shair Aur Sargam

, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists

143 Pages V « < 44 45 46 47 48 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shair Aur Sargam, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists
swarapriya
post Nov 27 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #676

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Anand Bakshi) Mr. X in Bombay (1964)

The music director duo Laxmikant & Pyarelal who made their stunning debut with "Parasmani" the previous year were busy giving music to several films following its unprecedented success. But the assignments came mostly for "B" grade films. Even though most films made less than average business, their music remained a strong feature in all of them. This movie was one of them. Interestingly, this very same year, LP came up with the music score for their award winning "Dosti" that propelled them to the position of ace music directors status.

This was a very poor film except for its beautiful music. The song "Mere Mehboob" is Kishoreda's one of all time classics. There are many others that are equally good in this film. I am uploading these songs in three back-to-back posts. The first post contains songs from the film from an original soundtrack album. The second post contains some specials. The third post contains several instrumentals of the song "Mere Mehboob".

Here are the songs in the first post...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 27 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #677

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Some Specials of "Mr. X in Bombay (1964)"...

Here are some specials related to this film...
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 27 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #678

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Instrumentals of the Song "Mere Mehboob" from "Mr. X in Bombay (1964)"...

Here are some instrumentals of the song "Mere Mehboob" from this film...
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #679

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baje (1955)

Shantaram (his picture attached below) made this beautiful movie as a tribute to dance, music, colour & life. Starting in late 20’s he made series of brilliant films that earned him reputation as the most gifted and talented directors. He founded Prabhat Studios in 1929 along with others and made series of Hindi and Marathi films. He was the first one to make a Marathi language film, “Ayodhyecha Raja” in 1932.

Shantaram left Prabhat in 1942 to form his own independent studio, Rajkamal Kala Mandir. From this studio he made series of brilliant films in 40’s including “Manoos (1939)”, “Shakuntala (1943)”, “Dr. Kotnis ki Amar Kahani (1946)”. Some of his notable work in 50’s includes films like “Amar Bhopali (1951)”, “Teen Batti Char Raste (1953)”, “Subah ka Tara (1954)”, “Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baje (1955)”, “Do Ankhen Barah Haath (1957)”, and “Navrang (1959)”. He continued to make significant movies in 60’s as well. Some of these include “Stree (1961)” and “Geet Gaya Pattharon Ne (1964)”.

Before embarking on making this film, Shantaramji consulted with Sitara Devi who is a famous Kathak dancer herself. He decided to cast Gopikrishna as the hero of the film. Gopikrishna was also a renowned Kathak dancer and was a son of Sitara Devi’s sister. This selection of Gopikrishna to play the lead in the film was nothing short of brilliant. He electrified the screen with some unbelievable dance numbers. Sandhya, the heroine of the film and wife of Shantaram, was an adequate choice for her role.

The music composer was Vasant Desai. Desai and Shantaram worked in many films together from late 20’s onwards. His music for this film was outstanding. He was accompanied on sarod by Pt. Shiv Kumar Sharma. This was the first Indian film for which sarod was used. The vocals were lent mostly by Lataji, Mannada, and Ustad Amir Khan.

I am uploading songs and some instrumentals in five back-to-back posts. The first four posts contain songs from the film. The final post contains some instrumentals.

I am uploading these songs and instrumentals starting in the next post…

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #680

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baje (1955) - Post 1 (Songs)

Posts 1 through 4 consist of songs from this fine album. Here is the first set of songs...
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #681

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baje (1955) - Post 2 (Songs)

Here is the second set of songs from this melodious album. Incidentally the song "Jo Tum Todo" written by Meerabai also appeared in Yash Chopra's "Silsila (1981)"...
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #682

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baje (1955) - Post 3 (Songs)

Here is the next set of songs from this hugely popular album. By the way, the song "Siyaram" was not used in the film. It is also not available on DVD...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 28 2013, 02:03 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #683

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baje (1955) - Post 4 (Songs)

This is the final set of these fine songs...
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #684

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baje (1955) - Post 5 (Instrumentals)

The following are instrumentals of some of the songs from the film...
+Quote Post
vijay
post Nov 28 2013, 10:58 PM
Post #685

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 558

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 26 2013, 01:17 AM) *

Chori Chori (1956) - Post 2 (Songs)

Here are the rest of the songs fro this melodious album including a version song of "Yeh Raat" by Geetaji and Bhushan...

I am coming back to Hamara Forums after a gap of few years. I was thrilled to see your name and your posts, still there. For me, you are the best thing that happened to Hamara Forums. Your treasure and knowledge of Indian Bollywood music has no rivals. Your enthusiasm to upload the songs and posts knows no ends. Please stay here forever.

Please tell me about Bhushan who sang " Aaja sanam..." with Geeta Dutt in chori chori song.

Vijay

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #686

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(vijay @ Nov 28 2013, 09:28 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 26 2013, 01:17 AM) *

Chori Chori (1956) - Post 2 (Songs)

Here are the rest of the songs fro this melodious album including a version song of "Yeh Raat" by Geetaji and Bhushan...

I am coming back to Hamara Forums after a gap of few years. I was thrilled to see your name and your posts, still there. For me, you are the best thing that happened to Hamara Forums. Your treasure and knowledge of Indian Bollywood music has no rivals. Your enthusiasm to upload the songs and posts knows no ends. Please stay here forever.

Please tell me about Bhushan who sang " Aaja sanam..." with Geeta Dutt in chori chori song.

Vijay

Vijay, thank you very much for your kind words. It is a good feeling when someone appreciates your efforts and takes time to tell.

I am not certain who the singer Bhushan is. There is a singer named Bhushan Mehta who sang in a few movies like "Aatish" and "Fakira" in 70's. However I suspect that this Bhushan may be a different person. May be some of our knowledgeable members can throw light on this.

Thank you again and welcome back Vijay.

Cheers,
S

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 29 2013, 11:20 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #687

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Javed Akhtar) Bhookamp (1993)

Here are the songs from this album...
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 30 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #688

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Majrooh) Mr. X (1957)

All these songs are from a CD. However, their audio quality is not that impressive. For this reason I have decided to upload these songs at a slightly lower bit rate.

Some of the songs from this album were extremely popular. Rafi Saab’s “Laal Laal Gaal” was a chartbuster. My personal favorite is the beauty by Asha, the song “Kitna Haseen”. Here are these and other songs from this album…
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 1 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #689

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajinder Krishan) Ilzam (1954)

This early album from Madan Mohanji is another one where his favourite singer Lataji did not sing any songs. However, Asha fills the bill finely. The quality of these songs seem to be as if they are from old gramophone records. They are slow. The audio of almost all of them is fine with the following exceptions. The last 10 seconds of the song “Dekhoon Kab Tak” is a bit noisy. So is the beginning 15 seconds of the song “Yeh Jag Rain”. Here are these and other songs from this album…

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Dec 2 2013, 01:59 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 2 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #690

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shailendra) Dilli Darbar (1956)

I have only a couple of songs from this album, both thanks to the courtesy of the Forum members. Some of the missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thank you.

Here are the two songs I have...
+Quote Post

143 Pages V « < 44 45 46 47 48 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 23rd June 2024 - 11:54 AM