Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Jhalak

, Andaaz-E-Rafi

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jhalak, Andaaz-E-Rafi
unni
post Oct 16 2004, 10:16 AM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

QUOTE(hits @ Oct 15 2004, 08:33 PM)
Allright folks...here's my hairbrained attempt at "mere mehboob tujhe". Excuse the low voice...it's a very unprofessional recording...

If anyone did care to listen, any comments/brickbats are welcome...

Hits

Hits:

I was looking out for something to point out by way of "constructive criticism". Frankly, I could find nothing to find fault with. Rather, I am truly impressed and wish you would be singing instead of the besura nuts who plague the dinners I have the misfortune to attend! tongue.gif

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hits
post Oct 16 2004, 10:21 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 688

Wow..Kind words from the B'shah himself. At the risk of over doing this, let me attach one more. This is a KK number I dare say.

Thanks folks
Hits
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Oct 16 2004, 12:19 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

too kewl smile1.gif

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
Wehshee
post Oct 17 2004, 08:07 AM
Post #34

Unregistered

well sung hits.. clap1.gif

kurt.. (read houston) we have competition (read touchdown) .. tongue.gif rollf.gif
+Quote Post
/ShaaNAwaaz\
post Oct 24 2004, 07:08 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 135

QUOTE(/ShaaNAwaaz\ @ Feb 7 2004, 05:20 PM)
thanks ,
soon will upload new ones ,

Yahooooooo ,
Very happy to present you -- some of songs ( WITH BACKGROUND MUSIC )which i recorded during the practising session Recently . And the tracks are readymade - recording is so so - i mean its amateur . The final - recording of our group - ( Me , Navaaz and one senior classical Guru - ) will in coming months and those recordings are for our private collections , . ALSO I WILL BE UPLOADING SONG SUNG BY THEM .

I took the liberty to present some of mine .
Hope your ears bear them ... ahha .

1) Mujh ishq hai tujhe se - meri jaan .

2) concluding part of Suhaani raat Dhal Chuki .

" AADMI KI MEHNAT AUR USKA RIYAAZ SAB KAAM AATA HAI "- Mohd Rafi .

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue][B][I]

'' MERE GEET SUNE DUNIYAA NE MAGAR - MERA DARD KOI NA JAAN SAKA ,
NAZAR MILI BHI NA THI AUR UNKO DEKH LIYAA ,
KABHI DEKHI NA SUNI AISE......... "
+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post Oct 25 2004, 06:16 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 762

DEAR HITS,
hey i really liked your recordings dude!, you have a very nice voice, and are very pakaa of sur and taal.....although you need to practice the higher pitches....why don't you send in a ghazal, i am sure it will really suit your voice thumbs-up.gif

DEAR SHAHNAVAZ,
i enjoyed your recordings too, 'mujhe ishk hai ' more though. you have inspired me to send in my attempt too(i have this karaoke also),

looking forward to your views of this recording rolleyes.gif

KS fanclub website
KS fanclub message board- home of more than 600 KS fans
user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
'king of melody' kumar sanu recieving ARTIST OF THE DECADE award at Atlantic City,USA
+Quote Post
/ShaaNAwaaz\
post Oct 26 2004, 03:55 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

QUOTE(kurtcobain @ Oct 25 2004, 06:16 PM)

DEAR SHAHNAVAZ,
i enjoyed your recordings too, 'mujhe ishk hai ' more though. you have inspired me to send in my attempt too(i have this karaoke also),

looking forward to your views of this recording rolleyes.gif

As good as it gets . your try was better .

I knew there were some errors in mine ( i said it was a practice )
I also have recorded the following -- here the pREVIEW.

Mujhe ishq hai -- ( i have already uploaded ) and i know I struggled in antras

Akela hoon main is duniyaa mein - ( whenever i go to studio i never forget to practice this - since that was first song i did in studio ) Studio = its not that profesional -kaam chal jaata hai yaar-

Apni aankon mein basaakar koi ikraar ( here i sound like ataulla khan trying rafi )

Khoya Khoya Song ( chand ) - haha ( I find it comfortable to sing - wanna listen ) i liked my recording - i doono how but i find it easy .

Akele hain chale aao -My seniors liked it - but the antras made me cry . Man its tough ( we call such compositions - TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK ) hahaha .

Jhalkaaye jaam - all liked it . except me haha . well i was in rhtym this time .

Lakhoon hai hain nigah mein - i should have given some more effort - but you see when i sing with music - i get carried away and miss the notes . but in some lines you can see the UPS and DOWNS .

Zindagi bhar nahi bhulegi -- MD Roshan would have disliked his own composition for what i did with this-- hahaha -- but i tried to demo my high notes - and no need to remind me that this is RAGA ( yaman) based song .

Aaj mausam bada -- this is purely flop show . I will never upload this.

Suhaani raat dhal chuke - just did to pay tribute to -- YOU KNO W WHO . i have uploaded - did you like that ?

" AADMI KI MEHNAT AUR USKA RIYAAZ SAB KAAM AATA HAI "- Mohd Rafi .

here's -- akele hain chale aao . -- if playing in winamp -- use prset- CLUB - from equalizer..

+Quote Post
hits
post Oct 26 2004, 05:43 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

In my opinion, you both have really good voices. Meanwhile, here's "huzoor is qadar" that I tried a moment ago.

+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post Oct 27 2004, 03:16 AM
Post #39

Group Icon

come on yaar,
you have a very fresh and peppy voice,and a great pitch. i must add though that your voice is more similar to vipin shachdeva than rafi shahab smile1.gif

here's "huzoor is qadar" that I tried a moment ago.

great recording, well done clap1.gif
your voice is very ghazal-numa, and i had predicted that a song like this would sound great in your voice

i am sending you a rafi-lata duet in the voices of me and my wife(i pleaded her to sing along with me 11 0 clock at night!!!),looking forward to your reviews rolleyes.gif

KS fanclub website
'king of melody' kumar sanu recieving ARTIST OF THE DECADE award at Atlantic City,USA
+Quote Post
/ShaaNAwaaz\
post Oct 27 2004, 10:30 AM
Post #40

Group Icon

QUOTE(kurtcobain @ Oct 27 2004, 03:16 AM)

Your wife is the star of that song - thats all i can say(she completely overshadows) - but you are more lucky to have a jeevansathi - who CAN sing , warna aaj kal ki ladkiyan sining door ki baat - they dont even appreciate the old songs , but there are a few exceptions -- and on some personell ground -- i will be not surprised to find out that you are Maharashtraian ---- You have accent and singing style of them -- i hope my guess was right -- " mag kasse kay pahuna - ahe ki nahi dhammal " - { i have all marathi songs of rafi and have uploaded them 12 of them - excellent songs in MAS section )
lastly to add i have a good advantage of being understanding 6 to 7 languages - it helps in singing .

Take care - good luck .

+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post Oct 30 2004, 01:42 AM
Post #41

Group Icon

Your wife is the star of that song - thats all i can say(she completely overshadows) - but you are more lucky to have a jeevansathi - who CAN sing , warna aaj kal ki ladkiyan sining door ki baat - they dont even appreciate the old songs , but there are a few exceptions -- and on some personell ground -- i will be not surprised to find out that you are Maharashtraian ---- You have accent and singing style of them -- i hope my guess was right -- " mag kasse kay pahuna - ahe ki nahi dhammal " - { i have all marathi songs of rafi and have uploaded them 12 of them - excellent songs in MAS section )
lastly to add i have a good advantage of being understanding 6 to 7 languages - it helps in singing .
Take care - good luck .

thank you so much yaar, my wife sings so well because she is trained in classical music, and holds a BA degree in classical music in addition to her MBBS smile1.gif

i am sorry to dissapoint you, but we are not maharashtriyan, i am from delhi while my wife is from bhopal (we are both working as doctors in UK)

i am sending you one more recording....i have just sung this after a busy days work, so my voice may sound a bit tired, but this is one of my all time favorite rafi ghazals, 'hum bekhudi mein tumko pukare chale gaaye'

KS fanclub website
+Quote Post
SAJJAD
post Oct 30 2004, 01:48 AM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

Good effort....just work on the pronunciation! U will be ready 2 take the stage wink2.gif

If you get in bed with government, you should expect to walk funny the next day!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post Oct 30 2004, 02:41 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

DEAR SAJJAD,
thank you for your encouragement,

i have heeded your advice and tried to sing the song with more clarity this time, do listen to it and tell me your views.

KS fanclub website
+Quote Post
/ShaaNAwaaz\
post Oct 31 2004, 07:47 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

[quote=kurtcobain,Oct 30 2004, 02:41 AM]
quote=kurtcobain,Oct 31 2004, 04:07 PM]
[quote]
i can't express to you how encouraging it is to hear your compliments, i have been working so hard, and so long on this rolleyes.gif , thank you guys, i will soon send you a rafi-lata duet with my wife

[/quote]

Yaar , i didnt knew you posted that in MAS ( you know they dont allow even Great ANwar songs - hum log to bahut door ki baat .

any way i listened to your version of ghazal - and find it sooting - the difference i found in this song and your other posting is that you have filled this song with emotions - and it was also great setting since you were tired - It adds to effect - ALSO WHY NOT GET BACK TO OUR MAIN TOPIC jhalak INSTEAD OF CREATING A NEW - topic .

and iam also attaching my version of hum bekhudi - i recorded on P.C. after listening to your . this song is also having a small introduction start of a similar marathi song by rafi sahab - which i like very much .

lastly , have you read my Tracking thread topic - and list the tracks you possess .
bye
take care .

+Quote Post
hits
post Nov 14 2004, 07:08 AM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hello to all music patrons. Here's my humble attempt at two gems of Rafi, and another creative attempt at a Pancham song. Pardon the unprofessional nature of these recordings.

Thanks for all and any comments
Hits
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 05:15 AM