Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Telugu Songs

, Original IR and other 'new' tunes

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Telugu Songs, Original IR and other 'new' tunes
visuja
post Jul 15 2005, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2745

Hi all,

Surprising no one has started an IR thread here .... Lets discuss some of our fav IR original Telugu tunes .....

One im currently crazy about is in his own voice and Sadhana Sargam..

Kommallo Koyila from Ninnu Choodaka Neynundaleynu

Forgive me for any spelling mistakes. ... I dont understand much of Telugu !

I guess we arent allowed to upload post 1987 songs... but anyways lets discuss IR music .... maybe we'd stumble upon unknown treasures....

Hmm.. no one yet...ok.. let me specify what I love abt the song ....
a) IR's unique nasal touch and singing
sunglasses2.gif The pauses at the end of each antra and mukhda... (I never get the beat right) sad1.gif
c) A piece of tune between each mukhda and antra.

Any takers now ??

Vivek
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
visuja
post Jul 18 2005, 11:18 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Another fab song from IR camp ....

Lalitha Priya Kamalam - Rudraveena - Yesudas
(Idhazhil Kadhai Ezhudhum - Unaal Mudiyum Thambi - SPB)

The 'flow' of music between the male and female lines within each stanza is superb ! ... and the off-beat end to each stanza is even more fabulous... managed to get the beats right after umpteen hearings.....

bow.gif bow.gif

jinhein ataa kii hai tu ne taaqat, unhein hidaayat kii roshnii de
+Quote Post
bibhas
post Jul 18 2005, 07:09 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1314

You bring up a marvellous number, Vivek. Haven't heard this song carefully enough to catch the "off-beat" feat, will have to try to catch it when I get home. I love several others from this movie. My favorite is the classical piece "Tulasi Dalamulache Santoshamuga Poojintu", followed by Lalitha Priya Kamalam and Tarali Raada Taney vasantham. Randi Randi Randi is fun.

QUOTE(visuja @ Jul 18 2005, 01:48 AM)
Another fab song from IR camp ....

Lalitha Priya Kamalam - Rudraveena - Yesudas
(Idhazhil Kadhai Ezhudhum - Unaal Mudiyum Thambi - SPB)

The 'flow' of music between the male and female lines within each stanza is superb ! ... and the off-beat end to each stanza is even more fabulous... managed to get the beats right after umpteen hearings.....

bow.gif  bow.gif

A science that does not deliver us to the portals of metaphysics is a failed science and a religion that does not embrace physics is not grounded in reality.
+Quote Post
visuja
post Jul 19 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks bibhas for visiting...

I dont know if the part i mentioned is actually 'off beat' per se... but I found it extremely difficult to follow the tune in the lines that I mentioned... (not that i understand music) .... but i feel nice if i can follow the beat and rhythm .... (sadly, which nowadays seems to be no big challenge !) sad1.gif

I like the other songs u mention too..... but since i dont really understand telugu, i guess following randi randi is some task ! I feel the Tamil version is better though (aakhir samajh mein aata hai na !) anyways, the song is completely different in Tamil...... Also, slightly favor SPB over Yesudas... (except in Malayalam songs).

Will come up with some more ... later..

Vivek

PS : Listened to Sapthapadhi .... nice songs.. all classical .... will look out for other KVM numbers....
+Quote Post
visuja
post Sep 4 2005, 03:32 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Long time ..havent visited this thread ...hmmm unsure.gif

Along the lines of the other 'new songs' thread in Tamil, let me use this same thread to point out a few new Telugu songs that I've liked. By 'new' I mean any song post '87 that cannot be uploaded at HF. Any pre '87 song is also welcome as long as its accompanied with an upload wink2.gif

I hope bibhas and others could also suggest to me some worthwhile 'new' telugu songs that are 'listenable'.

Heres a number I quite like in new movies:
Song : tilottamA priya varAyamA
Film : Master (1997)
Singers : Hariharan & Sujatha
MD : Deva
Lyrics : Chandrabose
Cast : Chiranjeevi, Sakshi Sivanand

Hariharan, alongwith Unnikrishnan, is one of my favorite singers in the current crop (besides SPB ofc). Generally, he brings in some variation in his lines in most of his songs and a few aalaaps as well clap1.gif (though sometimes overdoes it sad1.gif)
Here too he does nice variations in 'tilottama' a few times. Music is decent considering its by Deva ! blab.gif My first impression was AR Rahman. Some overuse of beats I thought, could have been mellower, but overall melody is good smile1.gif.

Vivek
+Quote Post
bibhas
post Sep 6 2005, 09:42 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1314

QUOTE(visuja @ Sep 4 2005, 06:02 AM)
I hope bibhas and others could also suggest to me some worthwhile 'new' telugu songs that are 'listenable'.

Heres a number I quite like in new movies:
Song : tilottamA priya varAyamA
Film : Master (1997)
Singers : Hariharan & Sujatha
MD  : Deva
Lyrics : Chandrabose
Cast : Chiranjeevi, Sakshi Sivanand

Vivek,
I won't be of use here, me generally not familiar with any post 1990-songs in telugu. Reactions to that info about the song you mention:
Song: wow, is there a song like that ?
Film: Hmm, never heard of that film.
MD: Who on earth is Deva (heard of the species in swargaloka) ?
Lyrics: Who on earth is Chandrabose (shouldn't he be on moon?) ?
Cast: ok, finally something looks familiar here.

See how useless I will be ?

Bibhas

A science that does not deliver us to the portals of metaphysics is a failed science and a religion that does not embrace physics is not grounded in reality.
+Quote Post
visuja
post Sep 7 2005, 06:07 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

rollf.gif Then its my turn to be useful to you biggrin.gif

Well, I dont know your 'tolerance' levels to the 'new' songs that I'd be mentioning from time to time, but if I can get you to listen to a few of them, then my mission on this thread is accomplished wink2.gif

Your comments didnt include the singers, so I assume you are familair with both of them ! unsure.gif Thats a good place to start wink2.gif I'll make sure my next song has Hariharan in it smile1.gif

Deva -- Tamil MD ....considered by many as the Anu Malik in Tamil .....(for his penchant to lift tunes blab.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:24 PM