Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Cant Delete A Folder

, And I really want to!

> Cant Delete A Folder, And I really want to!
YaarMere
post Jul 12 2008, 07:46 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

I have this folder which I have been trying to delete 4 a week now but Im unable to... the message I get reads:

Cannot delete file: Cannot read 4rom the source file or disk

Help me.

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Marcilo
post Jul 14 2008, 12:57 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 309

Kaya complication hi.... laugh.gif

One cannot delete folder if there is a file under folder and that file is in use. File can be hidden, read only or both. It could be that file is flagged as system file. First, view all the files in directory, make sure you can view system and hidden files. Now, see if the file is being used. See if it's in task manager, running as a process. Kill that process. If it's a DLL or associate file, kill the main application/process then delete it.
Deewani has suggested safe mode that is excellent way of making sure not all applications are loaded when you boot

- Just another gummy bear fan
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Jul 14 2008, 09:09 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

QUOTE(Marcilo @ Jul 14 2008, 12:57 AM) *
Kaya complication hi.... laugh.gif

One cannot delete folder if there is a file under folder and that file is in use. File can be hidden, read only or both. It could be that file is flagged as system file. First, view all the files in directory, make sure you can view system and hidden files. Now, see if the file is being used. See if it's in task manager, running as a process. Kill that process. If it's a DLL or associate file, kill the main application/process then delete it.
Deewani has suggested safe mode that is excellent way of making sure not all applications are loaded when you boot

closedeyes.gif Complication ki baat nahi hai bhai. Remember my writing to you about the problem I had in copying huge files to the external hard disk. When I reconnect the hard disk I found the copied file is visible on the hard disk but was not copied full and when I attempted to delete it I would get the same response that YM got. There is no question of a file within a file! ohmy.gif So finally as a last resort I ran the scandisk which was when the errors got fixed and the file was finally removed. huh.gif Ab baat samajh mein aayi aap ko. wink.gif

This post has been edited by HumTum: Jul 14 2008, 09:10 AM
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 02:28 AM