Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bollywood News

, All the latest bolly gossip

> Bollywood News, All the latest bolly gossip
Dimple
post Jul 23 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16381

When Shah Rukh lost his cool !!!
by Amit Roy

It is indeed tough time for Yash Raj Films. We hear that after strings of flops Yash Raj's upcoming films Chak De India and Lagaa Chunari Mein Daag are also undergoing some problems.

"Shimit has tendency to shoot the same scene over and over again, even when everyone present there could see that a take was fine, really got on SRK's nerves," says a source on the sets.Another major difference arose during the post production of the film when director Shimit approved the earlier promos of Chak De India which was screened with Jhoom Barabar Jhoom.

Chak De’s other problem is the Women’s Hockey Association who have been demanding a screening of the film prior to its release.

President of the Women’s Hockey Association of India, Vidya Stoke says, “We want to see the movie before its release. Yash Chopra sought help from us and we were more than happy to help them thinking that it would create awareness about the sport in the country. They took a lot of inputs from us.”

The film is based on a girl’s hockey team and Vidya claims, “we need to have an idea about how they have portrayed women’s hockey in the film. If they are portraying us in a bad light, we are going to take serious action against them.”

"Shikwa nahin kisise, kisise gila nahin,
Naseeb mein nahin tha jo - humko mila nahin
.."

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Aurous
post Jul 24 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #17

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7761

Success mantras from Himesh Reshammiya

- Syed Firdaus Ashraf

It was a dream he just had to achieve, and he was willing to do whatever it took.

At the age of 16, when most of us worry about college admissions, Himesh Reshammiya was producing his first television serial.

This was the first step in the final direction he wanted to take -- of becoming a successful music composer.

The second step in that direction came when he was 25, and he approached the man he credits his success to (after, of course, God and his parents) -- Salman Khan.

The first film Himesh scored music for was the Salman starrer, Bandhan. The second, and it was this film that got the industry to sit up and take notice, was the Salman-Kajol hit, Pyar Kiya Tho Darna Kya.

Himesh was on a roll and, despite constant criticism from reviewers, the composer churned out hit after foot-tapping hit. To his fans, he could do no wrong.

Then, Himesh sang. His voice, since he debuted with Aashiq banaya aapne [Images], has been much mocked as being too nasal. Yet, the masses were with him. Himesh's voice too was a huge hit.

On June 29, he released his first film as actor. Aap Ka Suroor gave the film industry a much needed hit; Himesh carpers were, once again, forced to eat their collective hats.

It might look like the man has charmed Lady Luck, but Himesh says you cannot downplay hard work.

Here, in his own words, are Himesh's suggestions on what has worked for him as a singer and music composer:

* First and foremost, every newcomer should believe in God. He should also have the blessings of his parents.

* Next, I feel your voice must come from your heart. This is important because, if you are an artiste, you have to be creative. You should not think of business while performing your art. This advice holds true for every artiste, irrespective of what he is doing. He could even be a struggling singer.

* You should be workaholic. Your mind and soul must be completely involved in your work all the time. This is how you will achieve success.

* Luck also plays an important part in your life; if God is on your side, you can strike gold.

* You can never ignore your riyaaz; you have to do it all the time. If you get a chance to be on shows like Zee Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, grab the opportunity. This will at least give you the chance to be heard on a larger platform.

* Don't imitate any of the established singers as you will never be able achieve their singing style.

You must develop your own style. You must have an element in your voice that will make it sound different from the existing singers.

You cannot imitate a top singer and oust him from his post; he is at the top because of his own unique style.

I think it was my destiny to achieve my own style and become successful.

* A word of caution when you get your first success. You must never get carried away by your success; many people tend to do so after they achieve success in the initial stages of their life. Your feet must be on the ground all the time. You should never give up your riyaaz (practice) even if you are climbing ladder of success or have become successful.

* If you are a music director, keep your bank of music ready. After Aashiq Banaya Aapne, I kept a bank of music ready and never took my success for granted.

I always feel like I am a newcomer in the industry and work hard to make it big. I never take the audiences and my fans for granted.

I know that I can never rest on my past laurels. I have to deliver better results all the time. I work harder to make it every time I sit to compose a new song.

* Never take your critics lightly. You must always try to win them over by your hard work. Don't brush them off.

Some critics have said I don't do good work. Then I composed the music for Benares and the critics loved it. Unfortunately, the public did not.

Despite this, I would say you need to take criticism the right way. Try to win over the people who don't like your music or voice by trying harder and doing better.

Source: Rediff
+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 28 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Sholay to be called Aag, Gabbar is now Babban

Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma’s much hyped remake of Sholay was re-titled as Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag. Delhi High court has approved the release of the remake of Ramesh Sippy’s Sholay by changing the title of the film. Delhi High Court has approved his films new name and also ordered him to change all character names. The most popular character of the film Gabbar Singh will be called Babban Singh, Basanti has been renamed as Ghungroo, Veeru as Virendra Chavan, Radha as Devi and Jai and Jai Ranade. While the other characters from the original film like Soorma Bhopali and Sambha have been changed to Rambhabhai and Tambhe. Producer G. P. Sippy’s grandson Sascha Sippy and Shan Uttam Singh had filed a lawsuit to permanently restrain Varma from releasing the film. The court has asked them to push their remaining claims in this matter after watching the film.
+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 28 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Praveen Bharadwaj refuses to do lyrics for Mahesh Bhatt

Lyricist Praveen Bharadwaj who has given lyrics to more than 100 films and 25 music albums has refused to do films with Mahesh Bhatt with whom he had worked on many films at one point of time in his career. One wonders why the fallout between the two despite Bhardwaj wrote hit songs for Mahesh Bhatt’s films like Gunaah, Saaya and Inteha. Praveen laments, “I charge a certain amount for my services. It may look too high to some people, but those are my charges. After the recording of Saaya, Mahesh Bhatt paid me an amount that cannot be mentioned. I just refused the payment. Post that I wrote lyrics for only one song each for his next two films. And both these songs ‘Dil Chura Liya’ from Saaya and ‘Ab Humse Akela Raha Jaye Na’ from Inteha were hits. Incidentally Praveen claims he charges only second to Javed Akhtar.
+Quote Post
Aurous
post Jul 28 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

BIG Music to release 'Dhamaal', 'Go' music

BIG Music has acquired the music rights of DHAMAAL. Directed by Indra Kumar with music by Adnan Sami, the film stars Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi, Javed Jaffrey, Ritesh Deshmukh and Ashish Chowdhry. The music will be released on 10th August.

BIG Music has also acquired the music rights of Ramgopal Varma’s GO. Starring Gautam Gupta and Nisha Kothari and directed by Manish Srivastav, it has music by Sneha Khanwalker. Its music will also be released on 10th August.

Meanwhile, BIG Music has released of music of 'Cash' and 'Marigold' in Pakistan. The music cassettes and CDs of both the films are already available in the local markets there.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dimple   Bollywood News   Jul 23 2007, 12:06 PM
Dimple   Buzz doing the rounds is that Shah Rukh Khan was v...   Jul 24 2007, 10:43 AM
Dimple   Bollywood continues to ape Hollywood 23rd July 200...   Jul 24 2007, 11:30 AM
mujahid   [i][b]Success mantras from Himesh Reshammiya [i][...   Jul 24 2007, 05:37 PM
mujahid   Sholay to be called Aag, Gabbar is now Babban Fil...   Jul 28 2007, 12:31 PM
mujahid   Praveen Bharadwaj refuses to do lyrics for Mahesh ...   Jul 28 2007, 12:35 PM
mujahid   BIG Music to release 'Dhamaal', 'Go...   Jul 28 2007, 12:53 PM
mujahid   [color=#CC0000]List of 2007 Movie Releases (courte...   Jul 28 2007, 12:56 PM
mujahid   It's a baby boy for Sonu Nigam Singer Sonu Ni...   Jul 28 2007, 12:59 PM
mujahid   Kaafila becomes 1st film to get simultaneous Indo-...   Jul 28 2007, 01:09 PM
IDOL   kiran kher said on AVS saturday that it was funny ...   Aug 6 2007, 08:53 PM
Dimple   Thieves broke into the ancestral home of Sanjay Du...   Aug 7 2007, 10:38 AM
Dimple   No LoC at Wagah this August 15! 4 Aug 2007, 00...   Aug 8 2007, 03:06 PM
Dimple   Salman poaching case papers missing By: PTI ...   Aug 9 2007, 11:43 AM
Dimple   India and Pakistan unite for concert at Attari-Wag...   Aug 12 2007, 05:37 PM
Dimple   Guess who are the newest bum-chums in the industry...   Aug 14 2007, 01:36 PM
IDOL   a best friend of mine told me..........that the mo...   Aug 20 2007, 11:10 PM
Dimple   Preity Zinta in 'Heaven on Earth' 11th Sep...   Sep 12 2007, 09:55 AM
Dimple   A fair game after SRK's 'Chak De' Ridd...   Sep 12 2007, 10:06 AM
Dimple   After being noticed for her glamorous role as Kami...   Sep 12 2007, 10:12 AM
Dimple   It has been a week since Hrithik Roshan suffered a...   Sep 13 2007, 11:20 AM
Dimple   Kareena & Shahid: Beginning of the end You k...   Sep 14 2007, 11:21 AM
Dimple   B-Town's The Unforgettable Tour is finally on ...   Sep 19 2007, 01:53 PM
Dimple   Rani throws tantrums galore Reportedly, Mukherji h...   Sep 19 2007, 01:54 PM
Dimple   After all that talk about Kareena Kapoor not being...   Sep 22 2007, 06:14 PM
Dimple   Khoya Khoya Chand : A trip back in time! 23rd ...   Sep 24 2007, 10:41 AM
Dimple   Yash Raj Films to cash in on their romance t By...   Sep 25 2007, 09:57 AM
IDOL   look at this Super Casting.............i can't...   Sep 30 2007, 06:51 AM
Dimple   After landing in Mumbai, after a month-and-a-half ...   Oct 3 2007, 12:12 PM
Dimple   Kareena and Shahid – Jab We Split 04th Oct 2007 2...   Oct 5 2007, 09:54 AM
Dimple   Does Om Shanti Om disrespect Hinduism? ----------...   Oct 5 2007, 01:43 PM
Dimple   Marriage on the cards for Rani Mukherjee? 17th Oct...   Oct 18 2007, 09:27 AM
Dimple   ‘Eklavya’gets FFI nod for the Oscars Shilpa Jamkh...   Oct 18 2007, 09:37 AM
Dimple   It’s finally happened! Saif and Kareena made t...   Oct 18 2007, 12:25 PM
Dimple   What prompted Saif’s confession By: Tushar Josh...   Oct 19 2007, 10:47 AM
Dimple   Hrithik takes one more step towards Hollywood ...   Oct 19 2007, 12:45 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   Farhan Akhtar and Arjun Rampal along with many oth...   Oct 20 2008, 10:29 AM
Sharmila-Sweet   Jodhaa Akbar, Hrithik win awards at Golden Minbar ...   Oct 24 2008, 12:49 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   Craze for career in Bollywood brings Pak boy to ja...   Oct 24 2008, 02:24 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   Indian film festival in Abu Dhabi from Nov 2 Pr...   Oct 27 2008, 01:32 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   Unsuccessful Bollywood heroines in demand down sou...   Nov 19 2008, 12:02 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   At 33, Sushmita Sen is single and ready to mingle ...   Nov 19 2008, 01:55 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   The Indian film industry says it supports SRK-star...   Dec 3 2008, 12:26 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   Growing popularity of Generation X in Bollywood ...   Feb 26 2009, 12:22 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   Strike Update: No solution yet, strike enters four...   Apr 24 2009, 04:28 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   K3G - Karan, Kajol, Kareena gang Kajol, Kareena...   Apr 28 2009, 03:42 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   Akshay Kumar called a "jackass" for bein...   Jul 13 2010, 04:54 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   Publicity stunts in Bollywood ================== ...   Jul 14 2010, 04:50 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   KAJOL GOT A SON =========== The actress delivere...   Sep 13 2010, 02:16 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   ASHWARIYA IS PREGNANT ! :) Congrats, Aishwar...   Jun 22 2011, 10:30 AM
Sharmila-Sweet   Revealed: Dadamoni's paintings for the first t...   Sep 20 2011, 03:36 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   Revealed: Dadamoni's paintings for the first t...   Sep 20 2011, 03:37 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2011/...6644/...   Nov 10 2011, 03:28 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   Aishwarya delivers baby girl By Bollywood Hungam...   Nov 16 2011, 02:15 PM
Sharmila-Sweet   Ash & privacy (The Hindu report) Thu, 2011-12...   Dec 2 2011, 11:33 AM
Sharmila-Sweet   Madhuri to be waxed at Madame Tussauds LondonBy De...   Jan 6 2012, 10:32 AM
Sharmila-Sweet   More legal woes for Zanjeer remake Salim-Javed sen...   Apr 23 2012, 02:35 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 06:46 AM