Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ghosts, Hauntings And Manifestations....???

> Ghosts, Hauntings And Manifestations....???
Reeth
post Apr 11 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6151

Although Ghosts and Apparitions have been reported for thousands of years, surprisingly very little
informatiom is available with regard to their nature or essence.
Ghosts are elusive and unpredictable, and, the ways in which they manifest are surprisingly diverse.
Contrary to popular belief most ,ghostly encounters are not visual but rather consist of noises, smell
sensations,voices, cold spots,electrical disturbances such as lights switching on and off,displacement
or movement of objects. The available data on this is prone to exaggeration and sometime outright
deceit.

studies suggest that approximateli 1 in 10 of us has the ability to perceive ghosts, those of us
who are actively looking for them are apparently the least likely ones to have a ghostly experience....
Children seem more apt to experience manifestations....
Women seem more attuned than men....
There are several interesting theories regarding the basics of ghostly manifestations

Ghosts are the earth bound souls of the deceased
This is the most common interpretation.....for most of us this theory is comforting, as it hints at a life
after the physical body is gone...
The theory is tht when the physical body dies this energy continues in some form and can be tapped
by living persons sensitive enough to perceive it....

Events are somehow recorded in certain surroundings to be replayed over and over to living people sensitive enough to discern them....

This theory accounts for a lot of our ghost legends and likely the source of all hauntings that repeat again
and again...
Frightening as these type of manifestations may be, the apparition is not a thinking entity, nor does it have
a will or a purpose, and it is no more a threat to an observer than watching a chracter on a telivision...

Ghosts are actual beings living in one or more parallel dimensions

To put it simply, this theory suggests that there are one or more complete universes co-existing with us

Ghosts exist only as Figments of our imagination

This theory can be made to apply to every kind of paranormal manifestation there is,and in some case it
is probably at least in part correct.
However there are still a lot of questions left unanswered by this theory, such as when more than one
person sees the same phenomenon....Skeptics use the term 'Mass hysteria' for situations like
this, but nobody has offered an explaination for the core catalyst causing many brains to suddenly go
haywire.....
This Theory needs a lot of research.....Only time will tell....
In the meantime....here are some photographs of ghotly manifestations... ph34r.gif
Girl in the graveyard.......she appeared in the photograph!!!!!
Attached Image

The man seems to have come out of a tombstone in the graveyard......
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Please come forward with your own views, theories and personal experiences if any......... biggrin.gif

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
HumTum
post Apr 15 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

Nasirbhai please go ahead with your narration. Looking forward to it. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 16 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5763

QUOTE(HumTum @ Apr 15 2007, 10:05 PM) *

Nasirbhai please go ahead with your narration. Looking forward to it. biggrin.gif

hmmm.
This one relates to the year 1964 or 1965. I had been invited by my Christian riend who had house in GOA - Goa Velha to be specific. The Porrtugues had actually left the scene and Goa reemerged as a Virgin, meaning that there were no outsiders there at that time. It was so calm and quiet those days. And there was no electricity too. Even for functions like weddings people used the Petromax Lamps.

Now, my christian friend invited me to a wedding which was in a nearby hamlet. I was overjoyed since it was a little boring during the day when I found no activity. There was a motley crowd of young and old, teenaged boys and girls. A Music Band was in attendance. First, as was usual with a Goan wedding, people picked up their partners for the wedding march. I picked up a beautiful teenage girl as my partner. After the march, we went on dancing right upto 2 a.m. Thereafter I got bored since I was a total stranger there and found no one to talk to. The girl wouidn't understand English while my Konkani that I had picked up was heavily accented. My friend was too busy to notice my plight. At the same time I did not want to stop him from having fun. Anyway..

At about 2 a.m. I left the Wedding function all by myself. There were two ways to reach my friend's house: One was the way through which we had come - and that was pretty dark since we had jump fences and through the rows of houses. I chose the long path that went by a church. This was small road that was also tarred. The road was visible since it was lighted by the moon that was shining in its regal splendour.
Not a soul was in sight. Occasional owls did the rounds while in the fields rodents and small animals made noises. I began humming a tune to camouflage my fright.

With brisk paces I started and went by the church till I reached a spot where began the fields. I stepped into the fields with a heavy heart and made straight for the house. I had walked for about ten minutes or so when I came across three small tamarind trees that stood confronting me in a row. Then, at that time, I saw someone sitting on the tree top flanked by two other tamarind trees. My heart skipped a beat. I immediately looked down, pretending not to have seen anything or anyone. I increased my speed, came to the house, and quietly went to bed. The sole occupant of the house, my friend's mom, lay quietly sleeping.

It was only later in the day that I blurted my woes to the family and friends. That too, upon their inquiry as to how I had made my way back. I told them it was by the road that skirted the church. Then they admonished me saying that I should have avoided that road since it was the most dangerous or haunted - what with the cemetary on the way. Then I told them about the apparition I had seen on the tamarind tree.
They were taken aback. My friend revealed that some years ago his father had fallen down the tamarind tree and it was his ghost that I had seen. Thereafter I avowed not to use that way again as long as I stayed in Goa Velha.

That was my experience of a ghost excl.gif

NASIR.

NASIR
Teri Khushi me.n Khush Tera banda khidmatgaar hai,
Banda hoo.n mai.n Tera Tuu mera Parwardigaar hai
+Quote Post
noorie
post Apr 17 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 6518

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 16 2007, 09:16 PM) *

hmmm.
This one relates to the year 1964 or 1965. I had been invited by my Christian riend who had house in GOA - Goa Velha to be specific. The Porrtugues had actually left the scene and Goa reemerged as a Virgin, meaning that there were no outsiders there at that time. It was so calm and quiet those days. And there was no electricity too. Even for functions like weddings people used the Petromax Lamps.

Now, my christian friend invited me to a wedding which was in a nearby hamlet. I was overjoyed since it was a little boring during the day when I found no activity. There was a motley crowd of young and old, teenaged boys and girls. A Music Band was in attendance. First, as was usual with a Goan wedding, people picked up their partners for the wedding march. I picked up a beautiful teenage girl as my partner. After the march, we went on dancing right upto 2 a.m. Thereafter I got bored since I was a total stranger there and found no one to talk to. The girl wouidn't understand English while my Konkani that I had picked up was heavily accented. My friend was too busy to notice my plight. At the same time I did not want to stop him from having fun. Anyway..

At about 2 a.m. I left the Wedding function all by myself. There were two ways to reach my friend's house: One was the way through which we had come - and that was pretty dark since we had jump fences and through the rows of houses. I chose the long path that went by a church. This was small road that was also tarred. The road was visible since it was lighted by the moon that was shining in its regal splendour.
Not a soul was in sight. Occasional owls did the rounds while in the fields rodents and small animals made noises. I began humming a tune to camouflage my fright.

With brisk paces I started and went by the church till I reached a spot where began the fields. I stepped into the fields with a heavy heart and made straight for the house. I had walked for about ten minutes or so when I came across three small tamarind trees that stood confronting me in a row. Then, at that time, I saw someone sitting on the tree top flanked by two other tamarind trees. My heart skipped a beat. I immediately looked down, pretending not to have seen anything or anyone. I increased my speed, came to the house, and quietly went to bed. The sole occupant of the house, my friend's mom, lay quietly sleeping.

It was only later in the day that I blurted my woes to the family and friends. That too, upon their inquiry as to how I had made my way back. I told them it was by the road that skirted the church. Then they admonished me saying that I should have avoided that road since it was the most dangerous or haunted - what with the cemetary on the way. Then I told them about the apparition I had seen on the tamarind tree.
They were taken aback. My friend revealed that some years ago his father had fallen down the tamarind tree and it was his ghost that I had seen. Thereafter I avowed not to use that way again as long as I stayed in Goa Velha.

NASIR.

Oooh, the suspense was really killing me. tongue1.gif

Nasir, did you get a real good look at the thing / person you saw on top of that tamarind tree?

Cud you describe it please?

Noorie

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 18 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 17 2007, 11:34 PM) *

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 16 2007, 09:16 PM) *

hmmm.

NASIR.

Oooh, the suspense was really killing me. tongue1.gif

Nasir, did you get a real good look at the thing / person you saw on top of that tamarind tree?

Cud you describe it please?

Noorie

"Real good Look?" Are you kidding? smile.gif
I only know that he was looking at me, and I'm sure he must be knowing that I was a guest of his son to whose house I was heading. I wanted to get away as soon as possible. This is because I had heard that some ghosts who occupy trees they just lengthen their legs from the tree top to the ground. I wanted to escape this horror fastest.
Besides, I wasn't so courageous as to stand there and gape at him. Who knows what might have happened!
I forgot to mention the barking of a pack of dogs. Believe me, their presence rather made me feel good and their barks were music to my ears.

NASIR.

NASIR
+Quote Post
preet
post Apr 19 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 429

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 18 2007, 11:30 PM) *
I forgot to mention the barking of a pack of dogs. Believe me, their presence rather made me feel good and their barks were music to my ears.

NASIR.
well THIS might not make you feel good about barking dogs anymore Nasir tongue1.gif did you know that dogs are the first one to smell a presence and accordingly they cry or bark....

i stayed at a friends flat which had a haunted flat just next to it and believe me all night long a dog cried its heart out in front of our door i was so scared!!!! afraid.gif
Grrrrrrrr why do i have to see this thread at night time only!!!! i will be reading all the stories tomorrow morning!!!! ninja.gif sad.gif

"When beauty talks, nobody notices what grammar it uses"
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 20 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(preet @ Apr 19 2007, 10:52 PM) *

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 18 2007, 11:30 PM) *

NASIR.
well THIS might not make you feel good about barking dogs anymore Nasir tongue1.gif did you know that dogs are the first one to smell a presence and accordingly they cry or bark....

i stayed at a friends flat which had a haunted flat just next to it and believe me all night long a dog cried its heart out in front of our door i was so scared!!!! afraid.gif
Grrrrrrrr why do i have to see this thread at night time only!!!! i will be reading all the stories tomorrow morning!!!! ninja.gif sad.gif

Yes, dogs do sense errie presence. So it is possible they might have been barking at that ghost because before coming to that place I had not heard any dog bark in the areaa.

Talking about dogs, it is also said that they have premonitions about someone's death in the area. I have personally experienced this: Once, at my previous location, there was some stray dog that began howling in our building compound. We were on the ground floor and naturally I was very scared. I began praying in earnest to counter the effect of howling. This dog went on howling for three days. On third day we learnt that a young girl aged 12 years died. It was shocking. The premonition proved to be true. There was no more howling thereafter.

NASIR.

NASIR
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Reeth   Ghosts, Hauntings And Manifestations....???   Apr 11 2007, 07:54 PM
noorie   Ghosts exist. I've seen them, un4tunately I ca...   Apr 11 2007, 10:53 PM
Reeth   Ghosts exist. I've seen them, un4tunately I c...   Apr 12 2007, 01:43 AM
YaarMere   Ghosts exist. I've seen them, un4tunately I c...   Apr 12 2007, 06:10 PM
YaarMere   Believe this.   Apr 12 2007, 06:53 PM
Reeth   [quote name='noorie' post='360785' date='Apr 11 2...   Apr 13 2007, 01:04 AM
noorie   You won't believe me anyway. Grownups' nev...   Apr 15 2007, 03:38 AM
nasir   Interesting thread REETH - thread that I had in mi...   Apr 15 2007, 07:55 PM
HumTum   Nasirbhai please go ahead with your narration. Loo...   Apr 15 2007, 10:05 PM
nasir   Nasirbhai please go ahead with your narration. Lo...   Apr 16 2007, 09:16 PM
noorie   Nasirbhai please go ahead with your narration. L...   Apr 17 2007, 11:34 PM
nasir   [quote name='nasir' post='362670' date='Apr 16 20...   Apr 18 2007, 11:30 PM
noorie   [quote name='noorie' post='363130' date='Apr 17 2...   Apr 19 2007, 01:32 AM
nasir   [quote name='noorie' post='363130' date='Apr 17 ...   Apr 19 2007, 11:01 PM
noorie   [quote name='noorie' post='363567' date='Apr 19 2...   Apr 20 2007, 12:47 AM
nasir   [quote name='noorie' post='363567' date='Apr 19 ...   Apr 20 2007, 07:43 PM
noorie   [quote name='noorie' post='363567' date='Apr 19 2...   Apr 20 2007, 01:02 AM
nasir   [quote name='noorie' post='363567' date='Apr 19 ...   Apr 20 2007, 09:55 PM
noorie   [quote name='noorie' post='364067' date='Apr 20 2...   Apr 20 2007, 10:09 PM
preet   I forgot to mention the barking of a pack of dogs...   Apr 19 2007, 10:52 PM
nasir   I forgot to mention the barking of a pack of dog...   Apr 20 2007, 07:56 PM
Reeth   You won't believe me anyway. Grownups' ne...   Apr 16 2007, 05:43 PM
Reeth   Interesting thread REETH - thread that I had in m...   Apr 16 2007, 05:45 PM
Mandrake   Didn't someone start such a topic some time ba...   Apr 16 2007, 05:57 PM
Reeth   Didn't someone start such a topic some time b...   Apr 16 2007, 06:16 PM
preet   Women seem more attuned than men.... mommmmmmmm...   Apr 16 2007, 06:27 PM
Reeth   [b]Women seem more attuned than men.... mommmm...   Apr 16 2007, 06:32 PM
preet   ok copy pasting only :P the thread was a warm welc...   Apr 16 2007, 06:56 PM
Reeth   ok copy pasting only :P the thread was a warm wel...   Apr 16 2007, 07:04 PM
preet   well the only lasting effect of this experience is...   Apr 16 2007, 07:19 PM
Lata   Interesting thread :smile: ..........haan do it ...   Apr 16 2007, 11:07 PM
noorie   Interesting thread :smile: ..........haan do it...   Apr 16 2007, 11:15 PM
Lata   Interesting thread :smile: ..........haan do i...   Apr 17 2007, 08:55 AM
haneef   Nasir Bhai, I don't believe in Ghosts ... but ...   Apr 17 2007, 01:10 AM
preet   wow Nasir bhai you have got guts to go on your own...   Apr 17 2007, 08:52 AM
balajigade   wow Nasir bhai you have got guts to go on your ow...   Apr 19 2007, 02:45 PM
Reeth   Nasirbhai please go ahead with your narration. L...   Apr 17 2007, 02:29 PM
nasir   [quote name='nasir' post='362670' date='Apr 16 20...   Apr 17 2007, 10:30 PM
Reeth   wow Nasir bhai you have got guts to go on your ow...   Apr 17 2007, 02:32 PM
preet   I have heard a lot of people being successful in ...   Apr 19 2007, 10:48 PM
noorie   [quote name='Reeth' post='362942' date='Apr 17 20...   Apr 20 2007, 01:17 AM
Reeth   [quote name='noorie' post='362714' date='Apr 16 2...   Apr 17 2007, 02:33 PM
Reeth   Kaveri's ghost....... This incident took plac...   Apr 17 2007, 03:58 PM
nasir   Kaveri's ghost....... This incident took pla...   Apr 17 2007, 10:39 PM
noorie   Reeth, that was a wonderful story. I feel awfully...   Apr 17 2007, 10:49 PM
balajigade   A very interesting and totally different thread. L...   Apr 17 2007, 11:33 PM
Reeth   [quote name='Reeth' post='362941' date='Apr 17 20...   Apr 18 2007, 02:55 PM
Reeth   A very interesting and totally different thread. ...   Apr 18 2007, 03:06 PM
noorie   [quote name='balajigade' post='363128' date='Apr ...   Apr 19 2007, 01:40 AM
balajigade   Well, this is what I read casually in a bookstal...   Apr 19 2007, 11:43 AM
noorie   Well, this is what I read casually in a booksta...   Apr 19 2007, 05:47 PM
usrafian   I am fully agree with ‘Dimension-Theory’, as per B...   Apr 19 2007, 01:06 PM
noorie   I am fully agree with ‘Dimension-Theory’, as per ...   Apr 19 2007, 05:35 PM
Reeth   [quote name='balajigade' post='363128' date='Apr...   Apr 19 2007, 05:41 PM
Reeth   Well, this is what I read casually in a booksta...   Apr 19 2007, 05:51 PM
haneef   Nasir Bhai, Do you believe if some people really ...   Apr 20 2007, 01:16 AM
noorie   Nasir Bhai, Do you believe if some people really...   Apr 20 2007, 02:59 AM
haneef   Nasir Bhai, Do you believe if some people reall...   Apr 20 2007, 04:56 AM
noorie   [quote name='noorie' post='364095' date='Apr 20 2...   Apr 20 2007, 05:38 PM
Reeth   [quote name='Reeth' post='362942' date='Apr 17 2...   Apr 20 2007, 01:49 AM
noorie   Reeth, sumthing tells me that you'll receive a...   Apr 20 2007, 02:48 AM
Reeth   Reeth, sumthing tells me that you'll receive ...   Apr 20 2007, 04:00 AM
noorie   Reeth, sumthing tells me that you'll receive...   Apr 20 2007, 04:55 PM
balajigade   Now we are slowly shifting to another topic of see...   Apr 20 2007, 03:20 PM
noorie   Now we are slowly shifting to another topic of se...   Apr 20 2007, 04:51 PM
balajigade   Stars do not predict; they are supposed influen...   Apr 20 2007, 07:09 PM
noorie   Stars do not predict; they are supposed influe...   Apr 20 2007, 07:48 PM
noorie   Dogs howl because it's in their nature 2 howl,...   Apr 20 2007, 08:23 PM
nasir   Dogs howl because it's in their nature 2 howl...   Apr 20 2007, 08:31 PM
balajigade   [quote name='noorie' post='364481' date='Apr 20 2...   Apr 20 2007, 08:59 PM
noorie   [quote name='noorie' post='364481' date='Apr 20 2...   Apr 20 2007, 09:00 PM
nasir   [quote name='noorie' post='364481' date='Apr 20 ...   Apr 20 2007, 09:46 PM
haneef   Noorie Ji, If everything was predestined ... The...   Apr 20 2007, 11:40 PM
noorie   Noorie Ji, If everything was predestined ... [b...   Apr 21 2007, 12:30 AM
haneef   If Judgement day was a mere formality, Why does Qu...   Apr 21 2007, 01:01 AM
noorie   If Judgement day was a mere formality, Why does Q...   Apr 21 2007, 01:44 AM
haneef   [quote name='haneef' post='364618' date='Apr 21 2...   Apr 21 2007, 02:26 AM
noorie   [quote name='noorie' post='364632' date='Apr 21 2...   Apr 21 2007, 02:34 AM
Reeth   [quote name='haneef' post='364573' date='Apr 20 2...   Apr 21 2007, 01:42 AM
noorie   Well, things will happen whether we want it or ...   Apr 21 2007, 01:58 AM
Reeth   Well, things will happen whether we want it or...   Apr 21 2007, 02:08 AM
noorie   Not really. Sum people wud love 2 flow along wit...   Apr 21 2007, 02:24 AM
haneef   Then lets just go back to the topics on Ghostly si...   Apr 21 2007, 02:40 AM
noorie   Then lets just go back to the topics on Ghostly s...   Apr 21 2007, 02:51 AM
haneef   [quote name='haneef' post='364668' date='Apr 21 2...   Apr 21 2007, 03:00 AM
noorie   [quote name='noorie' post='364674' date='Apr 21 2...   Apr 21 2007, 03:22 AM
haneef   [quote name='noorie' post='364674' date='Apr 21 ...   Apr 21 2007, 06:10 PM
noorie   [quote name='noorie' post='364686' date='Apr 21 2...   Apr 21 2007, 07:38 PM
Reeth   Not really. Sum people wud love 2 flow along wi...   Apr 21 2007, 02:42 AM
noorie   [quote name='noorie' post='364657' date='Apr 21 2...   Apr 21 2007, 03:13 AM
balajigade   You have a valid point, Haneef. I too don't ...   Apr 21 2007, 02:02 PM
haneef   You have a valid point, Haneef. I too don't...   Apr 21 2007, 06:56 PM
YaarMere   Haneef, how do you know that there's such a...   Apr 21 2007, 07:57 PM
yob   [quote name='noorie' post='364940' date='Apr 21 2...   Apr 21 2007, 08:13 PM
haneef   If I were living in UK, I definitely would'v...   Apr 21 2007, 08:12 PM
noorie   If I were living in UK, I definitely would...   Apr 21 2007, 08:17 PM
haneef   If I were living in UK, I definitely would...   Apr 21 2007, 08:25 PM
noorie   [quote name='noorie' post='364957' date='Apr 21 2...   Apr 21 2007, 08:50 PM
nasir   [quote name='noorie' post='364957' date='Apr 21 2...   Apr 21 2007, 11:27 PM
haneef   You've been there ? Wow ! Can you please...   Apr 21 2007, 09:00 PM
2 Pages V  1 2 >

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 08:16 AM