Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reasonably Rare Rafi Songs - Not Available Easily

, rare solos & duets from the 50s and 60s

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
> Reasonably Rare Rafi Songs - Not Available Easily, rare solos & duets from the 50s and 60s
sri
post Aug 4 2005, 04:22 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2760

Starting this topic to discuss some not so easily available songs featuring Mohd. Rafi - from the 1950s and 60s

Please feel free to add songs which you like.

Here's one song I found in the film 'Akeli mat jaiyo' 1963 where Rafi partners Asha Bhosle - they sing for Agha and Minoo Mumtaz respectively. The movie stars Rajendra Kumar and Meena Kumari, has music by Madan Mohan ( a few pretty good songs ) and lyrics by Majrooh Sultanpuri. This song is a typical, humorous type, romantic song between the two sidekicks in the movie.

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
21 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 14)
sri
post Aug 4 2005, 04:50 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

This is a Rafi song which I used to hear a lot on the radio when it was released in 1969. But very rarely, if ever, have I heard it in recent years. I used to like the song a lot for its tune, orchestration and, of course, the voice of my favourite singer.

I was very happy to get hear this song recently - and wanted to share it with others who may have heard and enjoyed the song in those days ... and others who have never heard the song before.

The song is from the movie Ek Shriman Ek Shrimati starring Shashi Kapoor and Babita - and has music which is typically Kalyanji Anandji- ish ( i.e., KA of those days. Their music changed a little ...with the changing times ...during the late 70s ). Lyrics are of Rajinder Krishan .. one of those few prolific lyricists who worked with numerous music directors

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Aug 4 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Cud I plz trouble you, Sri, its a song 4rom Akeli Mat Jaiyo I have the song on tape sumwhere even had it as MP3 but dont ask... its a sad story.

The song is:Yeh hawa yeh mastana mausam dil ko unpe pyar aaya.

You gonna help or wot Sri?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 4 2005, 05:00 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Aug 4 2005, 04:57 PM)
Cud I plz trouble you, Sri, its a song 4rom Akeli Mat Jaiyo I have the song on tape sumwhere even had it as MP3 but dont ask... its a sad story.

yaarmere,

i have it

will find it in a day or so

sri

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Aug 4 2005, 05:02 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I'll 'thank you' in a day so too friend.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Aug 4 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Aug 4 2005, 04:57 PM)

YAAR MERE

I HAVE THE FULL SONG. CLASSY SONG WILL UPLOAD TOMORROW...CHECK OUT MY THREAD "RAFISAABS MAGIC"

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Aug 4 2005, 05:21 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Confound it ppl wots wrong with 2day? Lol... joke, Im only playin ppl.

SS, I remember, the song is 5mins+. Am I right? If I'm not then its definitely in the high 4mins.

And you are sooooooooooo right... it is a freaking tune n a half! With Lata right? Its the way it sud be, Lord knows we dont want Asha nowhere near Rafi saab.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sharad
post Aug 4 2005, 06:15 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

film version
which has been uploaded before!

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Aug 4 2005, 06:19 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Am gonna huve fun 2night man.

Sharad where are you these days? Long time no see brother. Busy with tennis?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Akhtar
post Aug 4 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 568

QUOTE(sri @ Aug 4 2005, 12:20 PM)
This is a Rafi song which I used to hear a lot on the radio when it was released in 1969. But very rarely, if ever, have I heard it in recent years. I used to like the song a lot for its tune, orchestration and, of course, the voice of my favourite singer.

I was very happy to get hold of a copy of the song recently - and want to share it with others who may have heard and enjoyed the song in those days ... and others who have never heard the song before.

The song is from the movie Ek Shriman Ek Shrimati starring Shashi Kapoor and Babita - and has music which is typically Kalyanji Anandji- ish ( i.e., KA of those days. Their music changed a little ...with the changing times ...during the late 70s ). Lyrics are of Rajinder Krishan .. one of those few prolific lyricists who worked with numerous music directors

Enjoy !  gift.gif

Sri

Thanks alot for this one!
+Quote Post
Sharad
post Aug 4 2005, 06:28 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

YM brother
just too busy with class, not even time for tennis

btw man, i finally went back to my dvd place after a many months, didn't see dharamputra, but if you haven't got the full version of our song, let me know
i'm gonna go on sunday - hopefully they got it in stock!

+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 4 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Aug 4 2005, 05:21 PM)
Confound it ppl wots wrong with 2day? Lol... joke, Im only playin ppl.

SS, I remember, the song is 5mins+. Am I right? If I'm not then its definitely in the high 4mins.

And you are sooooooooooo right... it is a freaking tune n a half! With Lata right? Its the way it sud be, Lord knows we dont want Asha nowhere near Rafi saab.

Yaarmere,

as per my version it is 4:58 mins

sorry for asking you to wait a day and holding up your pleasure in listening to this song .... anyway now sharad has done the needful

thanks sharad, for the quick response !

sri

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Aug 4 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Its the thought that counts Sri yaar. 'Thank you' to you too.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 5 2005, 01:41 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Folks,

Here's an energetic Rafi song that I like - from the film Poonam ki raat 1965. The movie starred Manoj Kumar. Lyrics of Shailendra and typical music of Salil Chowdhury - you will see the influence of western classical music in the interlude music and Salil's typically unusual and somewhat 'complicated' combination of notes.

As was the general practice with Bengali music directors like Salil and Hemant Kumar ( known as Hemanta Mukherjee in the Bengali music world), this song appeared in Bengali about 2 years before the Hindi version appeared in Rafi's voice. The Bengali version was sung by Shyamal Mitra in 1963 ( Shyamal Mitra later composed music for a few Hindi films like Amanush in 1975)

For your interest, there's also a small clip of the Bengali version of the song ( Jodi kichu amarey sudhaao )

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Aug 5 2005, 05:00 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Aug 4 2005, 10:22 PM)
Its the thought that counts Sri yaar. 'Thank you' to you too.

WAH YAAR MERE. WELL SAID...THATS THE SPIRIT GUYS...

SINCE SHARAD HAS BEATEN ME IN THE RACE AND DOWNLOADED YOUR REQUEST, I WILL REPLACE THAT WITH ANOTHER CLASSY UPLOAD.

RAFISAAB + SURAYA :Eh isqh hume babrad na kar.

bye.gif

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post

21 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 02:57 PM