Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rare Asha Songs

, Add On

77 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rare Asha Songs, Add On
Priya
post Jan 9 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 25

Hello friends,
The forum seems rather inactive for the most part these days. Where is everyone?
I am starting a new thread of rare Asha songs--of course the definition of rare is relative but I go by own std (how pompous) of what I have rarely heard in the last 20 yrs of my Asha journey and what I never see in compilations.
Am going to ul a few of such songs that I have (most of them courtesy a dear friend) and also request quite a few wink2.gif
Do join in and add songs and discuss those uled.
The first is from the 1954 film Bazuband--music is by Mohammed Shafi and lyrics by Prem Dhavan. The song is credited to Asha and Hridaynath--the first of their few duets. Till I checked the credits in the VN bk I thot it was another woman but obviously he must have been a boy when Asha was barely past 20.
Ummeed hai at least some of U may not have heard this one. smile1.gif

PS Talkzji if U are there I cannot do better than mp3pro cd quality--U can reconvert to 128 and it will be allright. tongue1.gif

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Priya
post Jan 9 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here's another. This time from the 1955 film Joru Ka Bhai--a gorgeous number with a classical touch by an MD who always stood by Asha--Jaidev. The 2 of them have created some stunning gems between them and this is one such. Lyrics by Pt Narendra Sharma.

EEEESH I had lined up a few songs for ul all tagged track this and that and then renamed the track wrongly. sad1.gif Correction in post but cannot change file name. cry.gif This song is actually tum kahe ko neha lagaye--music is by Anil Biswas, film is jasoos yr doubtful 50s, lyrics credited in VN bk to both indeevar & Anand Bakshi who both pen individually other songs in the album. Sorry for the goof up but the song is good. Jaidev number coming up soon. smile1.gif

This post has been edited by priya: Jan 10 2005, 02:20 AM

IPB Image
+Quote Post
hits
post Jan 10 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 688

QUOTE(priya @ Jan 9 2005, 10:42 PM)
Here's another. This time from the 1955 film Joru Ka Bhai--a gorgeous number with a classical touch by an MD who always stood by Asha--Jaidev. The 2 of them have created some stunning gems between them and this is one such. Lyrics by Pt Narendra Sharma.

EEEESH I had lined up a few songs for ul all tagged track this and that and then renamed the track wrongly. sad1.gif Correction in post but cannot change file name. cry.gif This song is actually tum kahe ko neha lagaye--music is by Anil Biswas, film is jasoos yr doubtful 50s, lyrics credited in VN bk to both indeevar & Anand Bakshi who both pen individually other songs in the album. Sorry for the goof up but the song is good. Jaidev number coming up soon. smile1.gif

Sajan Tum Kaahe Ko Neha Lagaye - Asha - Jasoos - 1955 - Kumkum
+Quote Post
mohd2004
post Jan 10 2005, 10:51 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 419

Million thanks Priyaji for these rare uploads in good audio quality.
Great songs and shocking at the same time that they donot appear in RPG/HamaraCD compilations.

Mohd.

+Quote Post
roy_bachnoe
post Jan 10 2005, 12:27 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 47

Priya,

I'm very sorry í don't have the song you looking after. I've only ripped the Rafi songs from the movie for the forum...I don't have the movie MOHABBAT ZINDAGI HAI anymore..

regards,

roy

Regards,

Roy

** Ehesaan mere dil pe tumhara hai dosto **
** Ye dil tumhare pyaar kaa maraa hai dosto **
+Quote Post
Priya
post Jan 10 2005, 02:52 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(roy_bachnoe @ Jan 10 2005, 12:27 PM)
Priya,

I'm  very sorry í don't have the song you looking after. I've only ripped the Rafi songs from the movie for the forum...I don't have the movie MOHABBAT ZINDAGI HAI anymore..

regards,

roy

Wah!! Rafi songs extract karke disc hi phenk diya blab.gif
Ab hum kahan dhoonde in gaanon ko? sad1.gif
Unniiiiiiiiii ahem sorry Unnijiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii do u have the songs of Mohabbat Zindagi Hai?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Priya
post Jan 10 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(mohd2004 @ Jan 10 2005, 10:51 AM)
Million thanks Priyaji for these rare uploads in good audio quality.
Great songs and shocking at the same time that they donot appear in RPG/HamaraCD compilations.

Mohd.

Just glad to give back something for once. I was delighted to get a set of rare gems from a friend. Most of these I have not even heard. I wish HMV would put these up on hamaracd--even as available only as cassette--if it is too much to digitise for a minority. Even Doordarshan has such gems. I wish they would tie up with HMV or some co or release them on their own esp the videos of rare concerts that are of such value to fans. Actually if one as the time, one could watch movies on star Utsav, gold etc between 12 Am & 7 AM --one could record quite a few rare gems. But tough to wait up daily in the hope of catching a song or 2. sad1.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Priya
post Jan 10 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here is one for today--a lorie this time--very sweet one. Film is Ghar Sansar (1958), music is by Ravi, lyrics by Majrooh.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Priya
post Jan 11 2005, 12:42 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hello friends,
I have a few requests--well I have many but will present only a few wink2.gif

1. Ist one as usual for our song bomber.
From Do Phool (bec U uled the lovely no aayi pari rangbhari)--do U have the song main bezubaan hoon panchi mujhe chodkar dua le!!!
There is another super no which I have--can share if anyone wants it--kanha na chedo bansuri--reminds me of some lata number. Being vasant desai quite poss.

BTW Unni are U sure U do not have the songs from Anjali (1957)--music by Jaidev bec U were the one who uled raat ke pichle pehron mein!

2. The second is a solo from Aakhri Dao--music MM--2 songs were uled here hai unki woh nigahein & tu hi aake sambhal--the one I want is--Na dar sanam laga bhi le

3. Does anyone have songs from a film called Agra Road--there is an Asha solo--suno sunaye aaj tumhe choti si kahani with a fast & slow version. Music by Roshan

4. The songs of Deep Jalte Rahe
I think Cineji had uled daali pe baithi thi dus chidiya
There are 4 more solos
Ek duar naya duniya mein shuru
Cham cham cham geet sunaye meri payal gaye
Tere nayanva mein hamara jiya
Dekhoji ras le gayo bhanwara!!!

So much for now--if someone has any of these songs plzzz ul!!!
P (Asha ke saath wink2.gif )

IPB Image
+Quote Post
unni
post Jan 11 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

QUOTE(priya @ Jan 10 2005, 04:22 AM)
QUOTE(roy_bachnoe @ Jan 10 2005, 12:27 PM)
Priya,

I'm  very sorry í don't have the song you looking after. I've only ripped the Rafi songs from the movie for the forum...I don't have the movie MOHABBAT ZINDAGI HAI anymore..

regards,

roy

Wah!! Rafi songs extract karke disc hi phenk diya blab.gif
Ab hum kahan dhoonde in gaanon ko? sad1.gif
Unniiiiiiiiii ahem sorry Unnijiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii do u have the songs of Mohabbat Zindagi Hai?

LOL! laugh.gif

I vunly av Raaton ko chori chori (jab aap d/l aur u/l karte hain). tongue.gif But if thou sayest I shall obtain them for thou. smile1.gif

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Priya
post Jan 11 2005, 01:01 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(unni @ Jan 11 2005, 12:55 AM)
LOL! laugh.gif

I vunly av Raaton ko chori chori (jab aap d/l aur u/l karte hain). tongue.gif  But if thou sayest I shall obtain them for thou. smile1.gif

As easy as that!!! Unni I want all of Asha's 12,000 songs!!!! blink1.gif
P tongue.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
unni
post Jan 11 2005, 01:03 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(priya @ Jan 10 2005, 02:12 PM)
BTW Unni are U sure U do not have the songs from Anjali (1957)--music by Jaidev bec U were the one who uled raat ke pichle pehron mein!

"Raat ke picchle pehron mein" was painfully extracted from a compilation album. Do you know what the judge asked his dentist? "Do you swear you'll pull out the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth"? laugh.gif

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Priya
post Jan 11 2005, 01:38 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(unni @ Jan 11 2005, 01:03 AM)
QUOTE(priya @ Jan 10 2005, 02:12 PM)

"Raat ke picchle pehron mein" was painfully extracted from a compilation album. Do you know what the judge asked his dentist? "Do you swear you'll pull out the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth"? laugh.gif

Maana padega painful extraction took U the joke--is it of Ur own making? I presume it is supposed to suffice for not getting the Anjali songs dry.gif --wait a minute--now which compilation had that song on it???? HMV?
BTW did U see my other long list? Or U did and do not have the songs and hence the long silence!!! cry.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post
unni
post Jan 11 2005, 07:12 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(priya @ Jan 10 2005, 03:08 PM)
the Anjali songs  dry.gif --wait a minute--now which compilation had that song on it???? HMV?
BTW did U see my other long list? Or U did and do not have the songs and hence the long silence!!! cry.gif

The "ANJALI" song is from Vol. 1 of "My Favourites - Asha Bhosle" issued by HMV.

Frankly, I wouldn't even know if I have a particular Asha number unless it is a reasonably well-known song that I recognize by name. Many of her songs are so rare that no-one has heard them. Oops! blab.gif

I believe I've uploaded just about all the less-heard/rare Asha songs I have in various compilations. Of course, if I find some others, you will be the first to hear. smile1.gif

+Quote Post
Priya
post Jan 11 2005, 01:50 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(unni @ Jan 11 2005, 07:12 AM)
The "ANJALI" song is from Vol. 1 of "My Favourites - Asha Bhosle" issued by HMV.

Frankly, I wouldn't eveb  ]know if I have a particular  Asha number unless it is a reasonably well-known song that I recognize by name. Many of her songs are so rare that no-one has heard them. Oops!  blab.gif

I believe I've uploaded just about all the less-heard/rare Asha songs I have in various compilations. Of course, if I find some others, you will be the first to hear. smile1.gif

Not to worry Unni--mere paas saare hisaab hai. I am meticulously scanning all Ur uls and noting film names and comparing with VN bk for Asha songs in the film. tongue.gif Meri nazar tujhpe hai as the song goes smile1.gif

IPB Image
+Quote Post

77 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 11:17 AM